Semi-serious question

What do you think about the world?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: Semi-serious question

Post by miir »

So let me get this straight... Kilmoll is complaining that people who make over 600k might have to pay an extra 8% income tax?

:lol:
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

i make over 600k canadian take that you fucking canadians
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

That's less than 500k American so your income tax won't really change.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

fuck
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

miir wrote:So let me get this straight... Kilmoll is complaining that people who make over 600k might have to pay an extra 8% income tax?

Kilmoll is taking a stand for the top 1% of this country since they cannot speak for themselves, and they don't have the resources to get any advantages, and someone has to stand up for them, dammit! What a noble man you are, Kilmoll.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Way for both of you to ignore the initial subject of the post. Should I repost it every 10 responses or so?
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Some of us have already answered your ridiculous question, asshole! It's not our fault you've put us on ignore!
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Way for both of you to ignore the initial subject of the post. Should I repost it every 10 responses or so?
I don't think that a business that makes over 600k in profit is actually considered a small business... so these small businesses that are not actually going to affected by these potential income tax changes need not worry about laying off or firing Obama supporters.

To answer your original quesion...
Dismissing any employee based on religious or political beliefs is illegal.
But I'm pretty sure you already knew that.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

look, whatever the problem is i'm sure that it can be shot with bullets
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

amen
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Xyun wrote:
miir wrote:So let me get this straight... Kilmoll is complaining that people who make over 600k might have to pay an extra 8% income tax?

Kilmoll is taking a stand for the top 1% of this country since they cannot speak for themselves, and they don't have the resources to get any advantages, and someone has to stand up for them, dammit! What a noble man you are, Kilmoll.
I know it is not a popular stance to support the top 1% or even the top 15%, but those people also finance and support a large group of people, either through employment or through purchases. If I thought the government was utilizing the taxing resources correctly I would be more open to this concept, but I don't think they are, and once they tap that 1% to the breaking point they will come after the next group and the next. Taxing is not the only solution. They need to do a better job controlling excessive spending.

When the government takes 48% or so of my bonus every quarter it sucks. I know I should be happy that I get a nice bonus, but I work my ass of for it and the fact that they get a higher percentage makes no sense to me. I think people (myself included) only look at these issues with their income status in mind. If Xyun was in the top 15% and was in line to get taxed more I am sure he would be upset, but the 85% below him would feel it was justified. "Look at how much Xyun makes, he needs to pay more."

I am not supporting the top 1%, they generally do a good job of that themselves, what I am asking for is a better system of spending the taxes they already receive. Being Robin Hood and taking money from one group and giving to another based solely on income is not a long term solution, proper spending is.

*hopefully that came out coherent, sleep is difficult and I am loaded with pain meds :D
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Today, Barack Obama wrote: Good morning.

I speak to you today, mindful that we meet at a moment of great challenge for America, as our credit markets are stressed, and our families are struggling. But as difficult as these times are, I’m confident that we will rise to meet this challenge – if we’re willing to band together and recognize that Wall Street cannot thrive so long as Main Street is struggling; if we’re willing to summon a new spirit of ingenuity and determination; and if Americans of great intellect, broad experience, and good character are willing to serve in government at this hour of need.

Yesterday, I announced four such Americans to help lead the economic team that will advise me as we seek to climb out of this crisis. Today, Vice President-elect Biden and I are pleased to announce two other key members of our team – Peter Orszag as Director and Robert Nabors as Deputy Director of the Office of Management and Budget.

Before I explain why I selected these outstanding public servants, let me just say a word about the work I am asking them to undertake. As I said yesterday, the economic crisis we face demands that we invest immediately in a series of measures that will help save or create two and a half million jobs and put tax cuts in the pockets of the hard-pressed middle class. Many of those new jobs will come in areas such as energy independence, technology, and health care modernization that will strengthen our economy for the future.

But if we’re going to make the investments we need, we must also be willing to shed the spending we don’t. In these challenging times, when we are facing both rising deficits and a sinking economy, budget reform is not an option. It is an imperative. We cannot sustain a system that bleeds billions of taxpayer dollars on programs that have outlived their usefulness, or exist solely because of the power of a politician, lobbyist, or interest group. We simply cannot afford it.

This isn’t about big government or small government. It’s about building a smarter government that focuses on what works. That is why I will ask my team to think anew and act anew to meet our new challenges. We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way.

Let me give you one example of what I’m talking about. There’s a report today that from 2003 to 2006, millionaire farmers received $49 million in crop subsidies even though they were earning more than the $2.5 million cutoff for such subsidies. If this is true, it is a prime example of the kind of waste I intend to end as President.

And we will also focus on one of the biggest, long-run challenges that our budget faces – namely, the rising cost of health care in both the public and private sectors. This is not just a challenge but also an opportunity to improve the health care that Americans rely on and to bring down the costs that taxpayers, businesses, and families have to pay.

That is what the OMB will do in my administration – it will not only help design a budget and manage its implementation, it will also help make sure that our government – your government – is more efficient and more effective at serving the American people.

There is no better person to help lead this effort as Director of the OMB than my friend Peter Orszag. Peter has been one of our nation’s leading voices on budgetary issues. It is said that a nation’s budget reflects its priorities. I believe that is true. And I know that Peter will bring to his work at the OMB a set of priorities that I – and the American people – share.

Throughout his career, he has made significant contributions in our understanding of all the major economic challenges we are now confronting – from reducing medical costs to saving Social Security to fighting global climate change to helping put the dream of a college degree within reach for more students.

As Director of the Congressional Budget Office, he reenergized and reinvigorated the agency, while shifting its focus to confront the health care crisis that is not only a cause of so much suffering for so many families, but a rapidly growing portion of our budget and a drag on our entire economy.

But it is not simply Peter’s past career that makes him qualified for his new appointment, it is his vision for the future. He believes, as I do, that even as we take steps to restore discipline to our budget, we must also take the steps right now that are necessary to solve our immediate crisis.

Peter doesn’t need a map to tell him where the bodies are buried in the federal budget. He knows what works and what doesn’t, what is worthy of our precious tax dollars and what is not. Just because a program, a special interest tax break or corporate subsidy is tucked into this year’s budget, does not mean it should survive the next. The old ways of Washington simply can’t meet the challenges of today and tomorrow.

And no one is more able or more qualified to assist Peter in this work as Deputy Director of the OMB than Robert Nabors. Rob will bring to this post experience in the executive branch, at the OMB, where he helped the Clinton administration achieve balanced budgets, as well as in the legislative branch, where he led the appropriations committee staff as a driving force for a responsible budget. Together with Peter, Rob will help steer our budget through Congress so that I can sign it into law.

Now, let me be clear: these appointments and the appointments I announced yesterday are not the sum of my economic team. These appointees will work with those I have yet to announce – including the secretaries of Energy and Labor, Commerce and Health and Human Services and others in my administration – to design a recovery plan for both Wall Street and Main Street, and to put our economy on a path to long-term growth and prosperity.

Because at this moment, we must not only restore confidence in our markets. We must also restore the confidence of middle class families that their government is on their side – that it’s working for them – on their behalf – to meet their families’ needs. And that is exactly what I intend to do as President of the United States of America. Thank you.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I saw that speech. Man, he has a presence about him. He is cool as a cucumber, focused, and deliberate. His answers to the press questions were also outstanding.
And I think what the American people want more than anything is just common-sense, smart government. They don't want ideology. They don't want bickering. They don't want sniping. They want action and they want effectiveness. And that's what Peter and Rob are going to help us provide.

When it comes to our budget, I think people don't want to continue a budget -- a(n) argument about big government or small government; they want smart government and effective government. And so what we're going to do is to work as closely as we can with the Republican Party. My chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, has already met with both caucuses. We want their input. We want their ideas.
I would highlight the high impact statments in that quote, but I would just end up bolding the entire thing.

He just says all the right things at the right time. I keep waiting for him to drop the ball at some point, or at least juggle it a bit, but it's almost as though he is actually gaining strength and momentum. He is so good, it kind of puts me on edge. I know that sounds strange!

McCain spoke afterward in his first press conference since his defeat. Night and day. I don't know how anyone could watch the 2 conferences back to back and feel as though we made the wrong choice. I wish him teh best of luck in the rest of his term.
Sirton
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Sirton »

Kilmoll...

As a multilple small business owner. I fired a few employees already. One acted like my company was a union after Obama won. Asking about vacation pay ect Health shit when I pay him more than enough...Like I want to deal with a shit load of headaches and paper work. I do about 4 peoples work as is already and can't afford to do more...Even though our company brings in millions/yr.... Were I couldn't grow the business on a whole for all of us and all I'd do is worry about them, or Id have to hire a extra person just to deal with it. And I pay the ASS 21$ an hour and when on commision upto 40$/hr in TX thats very good. He can worry about all that shit for himself that why I pay him well.

Anyways, I told him we aren't going bankrupt here. Im not GM or Ford and booted his ass out the door that minute, glad I'm in TX and labor laws favor me here.... Im not going broke for my employees. I cut my personal pay by 5k/month over the last 3 months, Im not gonna worry about paying employees more or working more benifits for them.. They can do that shit themselves, and if there to stupid too, well there to stupid to be working for me anyways... Without me there is no company and no jobs in my company. I didn't go into debt 400k for just them in building the business's. If I did what they wan't it would bankrupt my main company. Hell I can buy another 100k in machine's to do all there labor anyways, and the machine's don't bitch.

You know we had 58k in profits last year..and ohh the owners had to pay taxes on that 58k even though we didn't take it home. We kept it in the company bank as operational expenses. To be fair....well write them off as losses this yr.
But, I had to sell some of my comapny I built to pay for the sudden not exspected expense. But the point is the way our system works, is it puts most companys on the brink and any down turn can cause massive failures.
Last edited by Sirton on November 30, 2008, 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
CRY HAVOC...........AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!!!!!
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

I hope you keep your books better then you write posts. I have to translate about 1/2 of your posts to english.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Sirton
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Sirton »

whatever your just to stupid to understand my thought process in type.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Sirton wrote:Kilmoll...

As a multilple small business owner. I fired a few employees already. One acted like my company was a union after Obama won. Asking about vacation pay ect Health shit when I pay him more than enough...Like I want to deal with a shit load of headaches and paper work. I do about 4 peoples work as is already and can't afford to do more...Even though our company brings in millions/yr.... Were I couldn't grow the business on a whole for all of us and all I'd do is worry about them, or Id have to hire a extra person just to deal with it. And I pay the ASS 21$ an hour and when on commision upto 40$/hr in TX thats very good. He can worry about all that shit for himself that why I pay him well.

Anyways, I told him we aren't going bankrupt here. Im not GM or Ford and booted his ass out the door that minute, glad I'm in TX and labor laws favor me here.... Im not going broke for my employees. I cut my personal pay by 5k/month over the last 3 months, Im not gonna worry about paying employees more or working more benifits for them.. They can do that shit themselves, and if there to stupid too, well there to stupid to be working for me anyways... Without me there is no company and no jobs in my company. I didn't go into debt 400k for just them in building the business's. If I did what they wan't it would bankrupt my main company. Hell I can buy another 100k in machine's to do all there labor anyways, and the machine's don't bitch.

You know we had 58k in profits last year..and ohh the owners had to pay taxes on that 58k even though we didn't take it home. We kept it in the company bank as operational expenses. To be fair....well write them off as losses this yr.
But, I had to sell some of my comapny I built to pay for the sudden not exspected expense. But the point is the way our system works, is it puts most companys on the brink and any down turn can cause massive failures.
Engrish prease.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Sirton wrote:whatever your just to stupid to understand my thought process in type.
Either that or I am about 10 drinks behind you.
Sirton
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Sirton »

LOL....I am drinking tonight!

here is another for you!!!

One thing many need to understand that jk me...

My type on this format or shit like this was learned from running a guild of 200+ members (as many as 50 members Asian to European non-english)and was all quick shorthand crap(the only way you can run that many people at one time). They would have to learn you before you learn 200 of them. Lots of half sentences and translation crap. More like how I play the piano by ear, not how I write a paper. When I write a paper it is totally different from a different mind set. If you know that then like say Sueven, you would understand what I say much better. I was writing to Kilmoll who was a guild member of mine and he should understand it. It was meant for him.
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by laneela »

No one believes you. "My type on this format or shit like this" isn't shorthand - it's idiocy.

Also, I highly doubt you own multiple small businesses. If you do, paying someone $21 and expecting them to afford their own healthcare is ridiculous - much like you. I'm glad you'll be getting penalized for it in a few months.

Oh and you're a douchebag.
Laneela
You may take our lives, but you will never take our trousers!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

So let me get this straight... you fired a guy because he asked you about vacation pay and health care?
If that's the truth and the guy you fired is not a complete moron, you're gonna have a lawsuit on your hands.

But I suspect you're just a lying sack of shit.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

miir wrote:So let me get this straight... you fired a guy because he asked you about vacation pay and health care?
They can do that shit themselves!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

miir wrote:So let me get this straight... you fired a guy because he asked you about vacation pay and health care?
If that's the truth and the guy you fired is not a complete moron, you're gonna have a lawsuit on your hands.

But I suspect you're just a lying sack of shit.

Texas is an "at-will" state when it comes to employment. He could fire the guy because he had a dream that his wife was ugly. The only thing he couldn't fire him for would be rights that were protected based on the size of the employee base (worker's comp, etc.). It is a real pain in the ass.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

A business is destined to fail if the managment/administration or employee/unions keep an "us vs them" environment. Employment is a 2 way street, where both parties should benefit.

Employers like Sirton need to realize that they are not some kind of super hero because they gave someone a job. They are also not gods who hold their employee's future in the plam of their hand. I would never work for such an egomaniac. If I did not feel that an organization is looking out for my best interest, why in the world would I look out for theirs? Take care of me, and I will take care of you. If I contribute to the success of your business and you do not share any of that success through benefits/vacation/bonuses/ect, then I'm going elsewhere.

The hospital where I work was voted one of the top 100 health care employers in the country. There is a stark contrast in our organization compared to any in our area. One of the major differences is our administration and how they work with employees. As a direct result, we're one of the very few hospitals that is never hurting for recruitment of docs and nurses. Certian types of doctors are on a mini waiting list to come to Oaklawn.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

And this has to do with Obama and the original "semi-serious question" how? Guess I'm missing something. Which is possible since from what I'm reading the company "brings in millions/yr" yet only had 58k in profit last year. Sounds like big governement. Might want to look into cutting some costs!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

I was thinking the same thing Aslanna. You are making less then 10%? How do you operate?

Have you ever thought that the employee you fired was not asking for vacation, maybe he ran a guild and when he asked you, he asked the way he typed? Maybe he was asking how your vacation was.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Tyek wrote:You are making less then 10%? How do you operate?
It's the high cost of health insurance and all those goddamn paid vacations. Oh wait...
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Aslanna wrote:

And this has to do with Obama and the original "semi-serious question" how? Guess I'm missing something. Which is possible since from what I'm reading the company "brings in millions/yr" yet only had 58k in profit last year. Sounds like big governement. Might want to look into cutting some costs!
A tiny profit margin is not unheard of. I ran a small business with a 12% profit margin. That doesn't make Sirton any less of an idiot.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Anyone running a company which "brings in millions" but only makes 58k profit a year should probably just quit now.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

who gives a shit? my imaginary small business brings in billions
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

So if he cut his pay 5k per month... and his business makes 58k profit yearly...
Interesting...

A tiny profit margin is not unheard of. I ran a small business with a 12% profit margin.
He said his company brings in millions... that means at least two million.
58k is roughly a 3% profit margin... that's not an indication of a healthy or a particularly well run business.
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by laneela »

cadalano wrote:who gives a shit? my imaginary small business brings in billions

Yes but do you have robots to do all the work?
Laneela
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

laneela wrote:

Yes, and they are all Obama supporters.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Stupid robots will probably want health care next.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

only if they are liberal robots
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by laneela »

miir wrote:
laneela wrote:

Yes, and they are all Obama supporters.
Laneela
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

i keep all of my imaginary liberal robots on ignore, so i never hear about their healthcare concerns or puffy vaginal sores or whatever it is liberals talk about
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Wasn't it Sirton who was trying to convince everyone he was a doctor awhile back?
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

I'll preface this by saying anything he says is likely to be bullshit, judging from his posting history here. Way back when in-game, if I recall correctly, he claimed he was earning his Doctor of Chiropractic. If that's true, it reinforces my theory that almost literally any retard off the street can become a chiropractor, and in any event, they're not real doctors anyway.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey