Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Rest state updates

Post by Animalor »

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a ... =31929&P=1
The Rest State system will be undergoing some changes in the near future. Among other modifications, we will be adjusting the 8-hour timing to be much more flexible. Rest will be accumulated gradually vs. the “8 hours of rest or nothing” approach that is currently in place. To add to this adjustment, people who do not play for long periods of time (weekend warrior types) will accumulate extra rest. This will allow those who only play once or twice a week the added bonus of playing as “well rested” for longer than those who play on a daily basis.

Another anticipated change is to add the ability to rest from anywhere in the world. This should help players who forget or choose not to log off at an inn. Resting at an inn will remain the preferred method, as tiers will accumulate more rapidly if you log off inside an inn.

Lastly, we are planning on making the Rest State modifier a level-based sliding scale for how much experience you can gain at each tier. That is, at higher level-ranges, the amount of experience that you gain before moving down to the next tier of your Rest State will increase.

Overall, we are happy with the Rest State feature and appreciate everyone’s continued feedback. We realize that it still needs to be adjusted and will continue to do so until it’s where we want it to be.

~Kat :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>^..^<
All my problems with hte system have been addressed. Much <3 for blizzard.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

The concept of devs actually testing shit in beta blows my fucking mind.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

masteen wrote:The concept of devs actually testing shit in beta blows my fucking mind.
The concept of listening to playing and not taking 3 years to implement a change is what's blowing mine.
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

Good to see this has been changed. Was a big No-no for many people.

By the by, need a bit of advice. Im wondering if God is trying to tell me anything. I saw they are doing Beta places for the 10 winners of the War3 tourny. Now it was supposed to be last tuesday, when I was on my only day off. But I decided not to. Then it got cancelled. I've just been given this monday off, because someone is ill and there has been much juggling of rota's and now, the tourny is on monday.

Maybe he wants me to compete for Beta? :P
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
murr
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by murr »

damn you I was going to post this!
Murr - Fires of Heaven - Black Dragonflight
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Cotto wrote:Maybe he wants me to compete for Beta? :P
Team Korea will kick your ass.

gogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogog
goggogooggoogogogogoggogoogogoggogo
:lol:
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

I'm still not playing yet :(
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

masteen wrote:

Fuck Korea! GOD is on my side!
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
archeiron
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by archeiron »

Cotto wrote:
masteen wrote:

Just because He wants you to PLAY doesn't mean He is going to help you WIN. Maybe He is just fucking with you to teach you a lesson, or something. Maybe you should avoid the tourney; it would suck to be pwz0r3d (taught humility) by teh Koreans AND God. :(
[65 Storm Warden] Archeiron Leafstalker (Wood Elf) <Sovereign>RETIRED
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

archeiron wrote:
Cotto wrote:
masteen wrote:

Just because He wants you to PLAY doesn't mean He is going to help you WIN. Maybe He is just fucking with you to teach you a lesson, or something. Maybe you should avoid the tourney; it would suck to be pwz0r3d (taught humility) by teh Koreans AND God. :(
He's a tricky bastard, Ill give him that.