Celtics free of Walker

What do you think about the sports world?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Celtics free of Walker

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

And get Raef LaFrentz and a 2004 1st rounder. Could do wonders for the Celtics this year to get rid of the worst 3 point shooter in their history.
Animale
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Animale »

Trade was bad for the Celtics... trade their #2 and #3 scoring threats for a half rate big man? Maybe Antoine needed to go, but damn... Delk too?

Animale
Animale Vicioso
64 Gnome Enchanter
<retired>
60 Undead Mage
Hyjal <retired>
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Call me stupid, but I think Vin Baker is going to be a force. I believe Marcus Banks is going to be a good PG and it gives them the chance to put some very good defensive forwards on the floor.
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

Youre Stupid
Stalker Vacio
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Stalker Vacio »

Your Stupid. Vin Baker is a steaming pile of shit.

So glad the Sonics dumped him
"Patience is a foolish virtue. It never gets you what you want when you want it. " -King Zad
Voidstalker
Ogbar
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Greblaja

Post by Ogbar »

Vin Baker has been fighting some personal demons of late - only time will tell how this effects his game.

Seems like a bad trade for the C's to me, but I confess I havent followed them tightly in a while so I really dont know.
Ogbar - a member of the Tiger's Roar retirement community
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

It's a shitty trade from the perspective of "Antoine Walker is a pretty good player and the guys we got in exchange are pieces of shit and signed for a long long time."

It's an excellent trade from the perspective of "Antoine Walker is the most overrated, whiny, piece of shit crybaby in the NBA."

Both are true at the same time.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

When Vin Baker has a good season this year, I am going to come back and bump this thread to the top. Walker was atrocious when it mattered....in the playoffs. LaFrentz and Eric Williams will both be on the floor and should provide much better defense than the Celtics had last year. Marcus Banks gives them a real point guard that can penetrate. Pal Pierce should be able to get looks without having to create his own shots and he won't have to watch Walker hoist up 800 3-point attempts and take them out of games.

Danny Ainge also knew Walker was not going to re-sign. He got a big man and a 1st round pick on a guy that was gone at the end of the season. That should help them even more for next year than this year.
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

Call me stupid, but I think Vin Baker is going to be a force.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1702643
BOSTON -- Celtics coach Jim O'Brien saw a decline in Vin Baker's play and suspected that the forward might may have faltered in his treatment for alcoholism.

"This was not necessarily a complete shock to me," O'Brien said Wednesday, one day after Baker was suspended for three games for failing to comply with the conditions of his aftercare program.

"I saw a deterioration in his play -- what I would consider a significant deterioration in his play

Can I call you stupid again?

STUPID
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The season is not over by a long shot. And Baker was averaging good numbers so far this season...especially for a club who has traded off almost every player on its roster form last year.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

YOUR ALL STUPID TEH NBA SUCKS!!! LOELZ!
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Sorry Xouqoa, you violated the rules and get a 3 day time out from the board.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

better respect my authoritah
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy