Christmas wishlist

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Ennia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Christmas wishlist

Post by Ennia »

Christmas is coming. Again.
And this year I decided to shop early to avoid the whole December frenzy. Shopping early has a nice advantage to also buy online instead of circling the parking lot in search of a free spot.
Only thing is I'm in need of ideas what's hot, fun , interesting in the gift department.

Would you please share your secret wishes or your plans for gifts for loved ones? Adults and kids if you have kids in your family.

Thanks in advance.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

I saw a pretty nifty thing, a shaving cream warmer, just the other day. I've always enjoyed Beer or Liquor month clubs where you get a bottle of liquor or wine and/or a six pack of international beers mailed monthly. All of my favorite jackets/coats were gifts as well.

Couldn't begin to clue you in on kids though.
Last edited by Chidoro on October 9, 2003, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fallanthas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fallanthas »

One of the most fun gifts I have ever given my kids was a coupon book.

Coupons were "An afternoon with Dad" "Get out of cleaning free" "A day at the movies", etc.

Cheesy, but the book lasted them about four months. That's longer than 90% of christmas gifts.
Nilaman
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Nilaman »

How old are the kids?
Legenae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Legenae »

I wish for the INS to finally finish up with my Visa application so I can be with my fiance in our house for Christmas and be married by the end of the year.
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

give us a list of who your shopping for and it might be easier to suggest
Ennia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ennia »

ack ok I wanted to hear all your wishes to steal ideas :razz: but here it is in general
3 girls ages 3-7
my mom 50+
hubby 36
early 20's brother with wife (newlyweds, just started living together so here the sky's the limit lol, they could use just about everything)
These are the folks I'm willing to spoil, meaning spending $100+ on each of them, rest of the family will probably get DVD's CD's chocolates and crap like that.

I like the idea of Liquor/beer of the month :) thanks Chid, will look into that for hubby probably
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

i heard they have custom teddy bears that you can order, dont recall the site sadly, at least one of the girls would love that
the mother... a necklace of some sort? but not too large
the hubby... maybe a red lace corset with other unmentionables :twisted:
newlyweds... im not sure if your bro would like something on the kinky side from his sister but that all depends on your family
Shashonna
Star Farmer
Star Farmer
XBL Gamertag: Shashonna

Post by Shashonna »

My son is 3 and I am getting him the Fisher Price Smart Shopper. So not only can he pretend to grocery shop the cash register has cards that you can buy (one comes with I beleive and Ive seen 3 more sets) that teach ABC's, Numbers, Shapes and Colors....but its not cheap 50 bucks sets are 10 they have card and more play food. Hes got a great imagination so I know he'll love it. Hers a link http://www.fisher-price.com/us/smartshopper/

Thers always dolls, Barbie, I also like the Leapfrog Products. They seem like toys but its to trick them to learn hehe. THe older girl might enjoy a gift card at a store she likes make her feel a lil more grown up when she can pick her put something special. Some might think GCs are easy way out but I dont think that just me hehe

Yeah brother sounds easy hehe house stuff is always nice.

Wouldnt your husband like you with a nice bow :P hehe

Not as good on suggestions for adults but kids I can do prettty well hehe GL
Shashonna Illumenada
Enchanter Extraordinaire!
Owner of the Snake Stick
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fallanthas wrote:One of the most fun gifts I have ever given my kids was a coupon book.

Coupons were "An afternoon with Dad" "Get out of cleaning free" "A day at the movies", etc.

Cheesy, but the book lasted them about four months. That's longer than 90% of christmas gifts.
Did you make them use a two coupon combo for Afternoon with dad and day at the movies? : ) Could be a triple if their room was messy as well!
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Shashonna wrote:I also like the Leapfrog Products. They seem like toys but its to trick them to learn hehe.
I bought my neice the LeapPad or whatever it's called for Christmas when she was like 3, and was disappointed when she didn't seem that excited about it. Come summer of the next year, my sister-in-law told me that she absolutely loved it and they could hardly get it away from her. It really helps kids learn to read and do math and things, and I'm all for trying to up the collective intelligence of the world. I'd definitely say that's a good gift!
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Fallanthas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fallanthas »

Damn right!

Wouldn't want to delude them into thinking the world was fair or anything. :lol:
rhyae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by rhyae »

For men, usually anything to do with golf works well. Or if they have a sports hobby, coupons to the scuba shop or golf pro store for example.

Moms like books, collage's of a years worth of grandkid pics in a nice big frame, subscriptions to gardening magazines or craft magazines. Buy/sew an apron and have the kids decorate with fabric markers.

Kids should get more exercise usually, so anything that encourages that maybe.
Tap shoes.. a tappa tappa tappa.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

:lol: Tap shoes. That's a gift you by another person's kids. Tap shoes, drum sets, fire trucks, (insert noisy toy here), are great to give other people's kids.

You ever notice at a baby shower, every-single-gift talks or rings or has buttons; it's obviously done to torture the new parents
Legenae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Legenae »

Ennia wrote:ack ok I wanted to hear all your wishes to steal ideas :razz: but here it is in general
3 girls ages 3-7
my mom 50+
hubby 36
early 20's brother with wife (newlyweds, just started living together so here the sky's the limit lol, they could use just about everything)
These are the folks I'm willing to spoil, meaning spending $100+ on each of them, rest of the family will probably get DVD's CD's chocolates and crap like that.

I like the idea of Liquor/beer of the month :) thanks Chid, will look into that for hubby probably
Sorry Ennia. I woke up with a headache this morning.. misread your post.

Your mom: jewelery?

the newlyweds: Is there anything in particular they really want? My fiance and I just moved into our house (well he did, I'm still here waiting), and I can think if a billion things I'd like for our place hehe. Find out what would be at the top of their "want" list for their place.

hubby: not too sure since I don't know your hubby's taste. :P

your kids: a telescope! (that's the one thing I've always wanted but never got lol). Barbies, Care Bears are making a comeback I hear. That Leapfrog thing that was mentioned above sounds pretty cool too.

Just some suggestions. :D
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

My son is 3 and I am getting him the Fisher Price Smart Shopper. So not only can he pretend to grocery shop the cash registe
OMG that's like GIRLS stuff!!!! >< Can't you get him the MathGun(tm) or the AlfabetWarri0rz or something!?!?!? :)
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Revs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Revs »

Here's a nice gift! :twisted: (obviously for the adults)
http://www.ghettopoly.com/
aka Trake Daddy 65 Overlord, Cestus Dei [retired]
Diamonds are a girl's blow job enabler
Kguku
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Kguku »

vn_Tanc wrote:
My son is 3 and I am getting him the Fisher Price Smart Shopper. So not only can he pretend to grocery shop the cash registe
OMG that's like GIRLS stuff!!!! >< Can't you get him the MathGun(tm) or the AlfabetWarri0rz or something!?!?!? :)
Heh I was gonna mention how wrong that was to get a boy something to do with shopping. Stop trying to twist men in to what they are not!! hethen! :lol:
"When you dance with the devil, the devil don't change, the devil changes you."
Phugg_Innay
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Phugg_Innay »

I want a detatchable Penis . That simple , so I can loose it at a part , then find it on a table that some is selling for $15 , and talk him down to $8
Phugg Innay Bard ( retired )
WTFO ,,, (What the Fuck , OVER)
Moongrinn
No Stars!

Post by Moongrinn »

Your brother, nothing beats a new microwave when your not incline to go out and buy dinner.

Your Mother, familyphotos on top of a main gift do wonders, elderly (or close to) seem to enjoy showing off the family. Perhaps those trendy expensive bath oils.

Your Hubby, standard husband gift if you havent already gotten it for him, Watch, face and hands are a must.

Children, Children love anything for a month, get them a few things and start them up a trust fund for when they decide they want to change majors.
-Not-So-Retired-
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

how about one of those rotating pizza oven for the bro? OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS easier to cook frozen pizzas
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

Frozen pizza isn't exactly the hardest thing to cook in the first place...
JUST CALL ME WOLFGANG
Nilaman
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Nilaman »

Well, my nephew has a Leap Pad. This thing is GREAT! It goes a long way on those batteries. Its a miracle on road trips. And they do not grow out of it, just change the books when they get too old for the ones they have (have age based books).

Yes, it does make noise, but it has volume control! Younger kids can use it to help them read, learn numbers or letters, or even colors and animals. I can not say enough great things about this thing.

http://207.239.169.88/leapfrog.html
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

Toaster ovens are awsome. If your brother doesn't have one maybe you could do that. It's only like $40 tho.

As for little girls, I dunno....I've always had a hard time with that. So far I'm doing well with my niece Claire...but now that she is like 18 mo's come Christmas, it's going to start getting complicated. Before I could just buy her anything loud with bright colors.

I was told no princess outfits and no barney toys.

If the kid is barely 1 then there is this cool air powered thing I bought that is Claires favorite toy...the balls go in one side get blown through tubes pop out and then fall back into another tube and rollback down. It plays like 8 different songs while it does it, sometimes the balls pop too hard and go rolling around the floor, but that seems to be her favorite part where she gets to collect them and put them back in. I got it at Toys'R'Us.
-retired-
Taly
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Taly »

I wish for my business to be up and running by christmas but may be a little longer.
I want to cast...........MAGIC MISSLE!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I want Taly
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Taly
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Taly »

Keep dreaming Spang :wink:
I want to cast...........MAGIC MISSLE!
Shashonna
Star Farmer
Star Farmer
XBL Gamertag: Shashonna

Post by Shashonna »

vn_Tanc wrote:
Its not a Girl toy!! Its not a doll or a Barbie. HELLO dont men work at the gorcery store I think so :P. Besides its all about learning and imagination. I know he'll have fun with it. I dont out right by him girl toys I dont see anything wrong you weirdos :P Besides any you guys that had sisters I bet you played Barbie with her especially if you were younger or very close in age :P
Shashonna Illumenada
Enchanter Extraordinaire!
Owner of the Snake Stick
Kguku
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Kguku »

Men cut mean, stock shelves and bag groceries! That's it! :lol:

And when we played barbie it was strapping an M80 to barbie and blowing her up :lol:
"When you dance with the devil, the devil don't change, the devil changes you."
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

Lol Kguku knows :)
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Vannoth
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Vannoth »

I want my own damn office. :P

And I want to set fire to my cubicle and dance around it like a crazed little indian.

-V
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Vannoth wrote:I want my own damn office. :P

And I want to set fire to my cubicle and dance around it like a crazed little indian.

-V
How about just being happy you don't work for Valve right now! : )

I think all Valve wants for X-Mas is their source code back.
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

I think all Valve wants for X-Mas is their source code back
I'm sure they had another copy lying around :)

I've actually seen someone on "another board" claiming the 4 months delay is justified cos it takes a long time to type in 140meg of text. . .
A man with a fork
In a world of soup