EQIM

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Dula Allazaward
Gets Around
Gets Around

EQIM

Post by Dula Allazaward »

Anyone getting this message:

The EQIM Service Subscription has expired.

I tried to log into it today and got that message. Is it just an error or did they start charging for it? If anyone knows anything or is getting the same message please let me know.
Deneve
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Deneve »

EQIM hasn't worked for me in over a month, just started saying it had performed an illegal operation as it started loading....though EQIM is kinda worthless now that they made every in-game char auto ignore to EQIM users :(
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

It still works fine for me, now that I've learned to navigate past all the bugs in it, but several other people are complaining that it's acting up recently.

I'm just chuckling that they even considered charging for it...
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Ninnia
No Stars!

Post by Ninnia »

Ay, it randomly crashes for me all the time - silly thing!

They said that they decided not to charge people for it it due to the success of the LoY expansion, but I bet they really just didn't want to deal with the complaints of selling such a buggy product.
Dula Allazaward
Gets Around
Gets Around

Well, I suppose I neglected to mention that it not only gives me that message, but then opened a link to the everquest website. Nothing on the page had anything to do with EQIM. Very strange. /boggle
Taly
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Taly »

Just used it last night hon and no probs here. try redownloading it, it may help sweety ;)
I want to cast...........MAGIC MISSLE!
Dula Allazaward
Gets Around
Gets Around

YAY!! It's working again. I did not do a thing either. Weird. Thank you for your replies guys, much appreciated.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I seem to lose my friends list whenever EQIM crashes. I made a backup of the EQIM config file with a quick link to the EQIM directory so any time it crashes, I replace the corrupted file with the backup and all is well for another day.

EQIM is a PoS. It's free but SOE could at least put a little effort into making it better especially with EQ2 and EQ being able to communicate via tells, people will continue to use EQIM to chat while doing other things.

Making it more XP friendly and the option to combine several tell windows into one would be a nice start.