How did you meet your significant other? *FF*

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

How did you meet your significant other? *FF*

Post by Kaldaur »

After reading Pil's thread and reading the four pages about sex, I got to thinking. We've all got so many stories about dating and relationships, and I think it would be interesting to hear. So tell us, how did you meet your husband/wife/significant other? Please no flames or personal bitterness, leave competition out of this thread. I think it will be interesting to see how people were brought together. And perhaps leave a little advice at the bottom for those who haven't found their companion yet.
Pahreyia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pahreyia »

Well, I was introduced to EQ by.... oh wait... :oops:
Ennia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ennia »

At work
I walked into the cafeteria and coworker introduced me to this new guy.
My cheeks never burned so bad lol. He seemed interested too.
Then it turned out we had mutual friends so we got to hang out pretty often and 3 years later we married.
Ennia Morricone
Everfrost
Hayley
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Hayley »

We were both student workers at Texas A&M. When we first saw each other, we weren't attracted to each other in the least. He thought I was some snotty sorority girl and I thought he was some major geek that wore, what I dub, 'programming shoes' every day. Needless to say, after a while we became friends and only friends. Every once in a while I'd go out with the guys at work and he'd be there. It's funny to say, but we got to know each other a lot better over a game of Asshole one night at a party. From then on we were inseparable friends. Our relationship blossomed from there. We moved in with each other after a year, were married 4 years later, and just celebrated our 2 year anniversary in March. :)

*edit* geeks do it better ^^
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

I haven't. Yet.
Fallanthas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fallanthas »

Plain old-fashioned luck.

I gave her brother a ride home from college one weekend, ended up hanging out with him most of that two days and she always seemed to be there. Lots of looks, curiosity, etc.

A year later, after many such weekends we moved in together. Thirteen months later we married.

Coming up on our 15th anniversary in May.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I met my girlfriend through an Internet Matchmaking Service. Seriously. We had a 98% compatibility rating. We're like peas and carrots now.

FYI, I'd use an Internet Dating Sevice again in a heartbeat. It was pretty fun getting to know women via emails, pictures, and phone calls. It also allowed me to narrow down my personal preferences (ie: no smoking/drugs, ages 20-30, ect). It even had a section that people could fill out for sexual preferences. You now, what you have done, what you are willing to do, and what things you enjoy most or fantasize about. It was easy and enjoyable for everyone involved.
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Atokal »

My company hosted a Christmas party for clients and my receptionist asked if her girlfriend could come and help with the greeting at the door. I said sure. When the girlfriend arrived she looked amazing. I was busy most of the night talking with clients etc. Well at the end of the night she asked me to dance with her and MAN she danced smooth as silk, and I was hooked. Talked for quite a bit after that, very intelligent and ambitious. Started dating and a year later we moved in together and now 8 years later 2 kids, a dog, and she still completes me. (Yeah cheesy Jerry Maguire quote)
:D

2nd marriage btw.
Last edited by Atokal on April 28, 2003, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atokal
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

As odd as it seems my ex introduced us. I was a senior in High School and my gf at the time was a freshman. I used to accompany her to her classes before heading over to mine and she introduced my to one of her classmates. My gf and I broke up about a year and some change later and about another 8 months after that I ran into this girl at a club. Started talking to her and we hooked up shortly after that.

On a side note, the weekend I stopped and talked to her was the weekend before she went in to get some surgery on her jaw. She has an underbite that needed correction and so they were breaking her jaw and taking about 3/4 of an inch on each side.

Suffice to say that she has a confidance and a self-image problem at that time and the fact that I showed interest at that time apaprently was a huge confidance booster for her.

We've been together for the last 8 years and are getting married next August.
Ogbar
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Greblaja

Post by Ogbar »

Interesting timing on this thread.

It was 20 yars ago, and we were both art students at the time. We had some of the same courses together, and became part of the same circle of friends. Actually, we were pretty good friends on our own. One night, at one of the mixers, we were all just hanging out, drinking, dancing, etc. She had this pin that said "I Bite", I remember, and the topic of her biting was discussed. I said something like "oh yeah?" and kidingly pointed to my neck. Well, next thing I know, I am in the midsts of receiving a world class hickie. :shock:

I guess she liked me a bit more than I knew at the time, and decided to act right then and there. In all honesty, I was never an Einstein when it came to reading signs of interest or disinterest. I got that one, though. :) Anyway, we started dating, and basicaly, never stopped being with each other ever since.

BTW, it's our wedding anniversary today - 13 years!
Ogbar - a member of the Tiger's Roar retirement community
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

We worked in the same building for different companies and I saw him a couple times down by the smoking area. Eventually I got the nerve (after several coworkers threatened to expose my infatuation to him) to approach him after work and give him my number. He went out of town and supposedly "lost my number" (yeah, I still give him shit about that one) but flagged down one of my coworkers a couple weeks later with a note to call him. So I did and we started going out....
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Prison.

nah in college.
Axien_Dellusions
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Axien_Dellusions »

My step sister got me a job working with video games back in '99. I was dating someone at the time so I didn't pay any attention to my boss romantically.

During the 3 years all of us were really good friends at work so when I started having second doubts about getting married to my ex I went to him for advice. Turns out he was right in the end about what I was feeling.

3 months later I spent the night after we went out to the Rocky Horror Picture show and to a club. I was so drunk I couldn't drive home. The next morning I found his house key on my keyring and a note saying to grab my stuff and don't leave. I haven't yet and we've been married almost a year in August and have a beautiful baby girl.
Lvl 65 enchanter (retired)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstien

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo Galilei
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Fate
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Legenae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Legenae »

We actually met almost 2 years ago, through Everquest... seriously! :D
Karae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Karae »

She PM'd me on this board!!
War pickles men in a brine of disgust and dread.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Fairweather Pure wrote:FYI, I'd use an Internet Dating Sevice again in a heartbeat. It was pretty fun getting to know women via emails, pictures, and phone calls. It also allowed me to narrow down my personal preferences (ie: no smoking/drugs, ages 20-30, ect). It even had a section that people could fill out for sexual preferences. You now, what you have done, what you are willing to do, and what things you enjoy most or fantasize about. It was easy and enjoyable for everyone involved.
I am afraid to ask what service has the "Do you like it in the butt?" question on its form :oops:

Met mine at a church picnic of all places. It was the first one I had been to in 10 years and I had not been to the church in probably about the same period of time. My parents were friends with her parents and my mother made the introduction to her while she had a cookie stuffed in her mouth.
Kindo
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Kindo »

Bubba Grizz wrote:Prison.
You stole my line!! But in my case it's actually true. :wink:

I was a corrections officer, he was a contractor, my post and his assignment were in the same area. We started talking, he eventually asked me out, I said yes, and the rest is history.

edit: Our 3 year Anniversary is Wednesday. Popular week for weddings
Mak
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mak »

I was best man at a friend's wedding, she was one of the bridesmaids and a sister of the bride. My friend and my wife's sister are long since divorced, but we'll be celebrating 10 years next April.
Makora

Too often it seems it is the peaceful and innocent who are slaughtered. In this a lesson may be found that it may not be prudential to be either too peaceful or too innocent. One does not survive with wolves by becoming a sheep.
Rekaar.
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Rekaar. »

Did the old play catch near her and her friends thing, and had my brother throw it too far - oops! Sure it's cheesy, but if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Time makes more converts than reason. - Thomas Paine
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Rekaar. wrote:Did the old play catch near her and her friends thing, and had my brother throw it too far - oops! Sure it's cheesy, but if it ain't broke don't fix it.
huh?
Lalanae
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Atokal »

Bubba Grizz wrote:Prison.
ACK so you are THAT Bubba :shock:
Atokal
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

I looked down my arm and there it was at the end.

*sigh*
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Lalanae wrote:
Rekaar. wrote:Did the old play catch near her and her friends thing, and had my brother throw it too far - oops! Sure it's cheesy, but if it ain't broke don't fix it.
huh?
I had to read it several times. He was playing 'catch' with his brother. They saw hawt chicks, and he had his brother overthrow in their vicinity. The rest is history!
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Soriathus Serpentine
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Soriathus Serpentine »

Yahoo Personals, I highly recommend them. Get some weird ass shit at times, but in general good stuff.

Eden (now my wife) has just moved back to portland and just looking for new friends to hang out with and meet. She had met several and still hangs out with those friends. I on the otherhand was looking for a girlfriend that was interrested in me for me not because of my job or my car, or because how much stpuid and uncomforatible I llook like in a smokey ass bar/night club. When we met online we talked online for about a week, on the phone for about 2 weeks, then finally met in person, it was great our personalities meshed great and still do, looking at getting a house soon and then after that kids. Life is great.
Soriathus Serpentine - Epic Luminary of the Scaled Mystics
Master of All Trades (See my magelo for trade stats)
Proud Member of Keepers of the Elements

Blumgan says, 'If I could bottle his enthusiasm for the game I'd be rich.'
Spangaloid_PE
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spangaloid_PE »

Spangaloid Scuzzlebum - 65 PROPHET
Liqour in the front - Poker in the rear
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

In a lounge (totally cheesey). He asked me out and I admired his confidence and he had a nice butt. 8) It felt kind of cool to have a guy with the rocks to walk up to a table full of girls and single one out and ask her out in front of her friends.

I almost said no but my friend kicked me under the table.
Last edited by kyoukan on April 28, 2003, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

Roleplaying online. Our characters were worst enemies for a few years and then we got to know each other. After a while we met RL and started going out. Coming up to our 2 year anniversary in May :bday:
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

I PM'd him on this board 8)
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

at a party
Coatlicue [KoE]
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Coatlicue [KoE] »

at work. I was working for MediaOne before they became AT&T and I left after about a year to move to Normal and try and attend ISU. I was dating el-jerko at the time and we dated for about 3 years.. after about 6 months of living in hell, I moved back home and went back to AT&T.. Xunil had started there a week after I left and we met when I came back.. I broke up with el-jerko and he finally had the balls to ask me out after his best friend told him I was attracted to him. We've been inseparable ever since and are getting married on June 20 :D
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Re: .

Post by Xouqoa »

Thess wrote:I PM'd him on this board 8)
VV helps make love connections. (no extra charge!)

<3
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: .

Post by Sargeras »

Xouqoa wrote:
VV helps make love connections. (no extra charge!)

<3
:is waiting for his PM.
/tap
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Karae wrote:She PM'd me on this board!!
Thess and Karae?!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Asheran Mojomaster wrote:
Karae wrote:She PM'd me on this board!!
Thess and Karae?!
Were have you been?
Taly
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Taly »

LOL i gave up looking, not worth it to me anymore

which goes to the other thread most men are mean LOL
Last edited by Taly on April 28, 2003, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I want to cast...........MAGIC MISSLE!
Karae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Karae »

Quick Sarg..PM her!
War pickles men in a brine of disgust and dread.
Etasi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Etasi »

Usually this is one of the questions I most hate being asked, since people always look at me funny when I explain it to them.

We met on EQ, just by winding up in the same guild. It was a pretty small guild, and Echols was really our only enchanter so I wound up grouping with him a lot. We became friends, met IRL once as friends, and then eventually it turned into something more. We've been together for two years now, and he even got me to move to Montreal from California (fuck snow).
Etasi Answer - Cestus Dei
Cut the kids in half
Legenae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Legenae »

Etasi wrote:Usually this is one of the questions I most hate being asked, since people always look at me funny when I explain it to them.

We met on EQ, just by winding up in the same guild. It was a pretty small guild, and Echols was really our only enchanter so I wound up grouping with him a lot. We became friends, met IRL once as friends, and then eventually it turned into something more. We've been together for two years now, and he even got me to move to Montreal from California (fuck snow).
LOL like I said above.. I met my guy on EQ, in the same guild. My family wasn't too thrilled at first, but they are getting used to the idea. I'm moving from Sudbury, Ontario to Anchorage, Alaska within the next 2 months (need to get my visa first :oops: ).

*edit* thanks for posting BTW... now I don't feel like the only crazy person here. LOL
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Hrm two Canadian girls being lured to the US... I sense a government conspiracy...
Lalanae
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Lalanae wrote:Hrm two Canadian girls being lured to the US... I sense a government conspiracy...
THIS JUST IN, US GOVERMENT PERFORMS BRAIN EXPERIMENTS ON CANADIAN WOMEN! FILM AT 11!
Last edited by noel on April 28, 2003, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legenae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Legenae »

haha!

So true! :D
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Aranuil wrote:
Lalanae wrote:Hrm two Canadian girls being lured to the US... I sense a government conspiracy...
Etasi moved to Canada from the US! It's like we did a trade or something. =P
shhh I'm trying to make it look fishy
Lalanae
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Lalanae wrote:
Aranuil wrote:
Edited! ;)
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Aranuil wrote:
Lalanae wrote:
Aranuil wrote:
Edited! ;)
Whew! That was close!
Lalanae
Etasi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Etasi »

Canadians do it better! :D
Etasi Answer - Cestus Dei
Cut the kids in half
Legenae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Legenae »

Etasi wrote:Canadians do it better! :D
:wink:
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

N/A

Lots of people met thier "other" at work.....which is while not a good practice in theory, it's still the best one I think....unfortunately I work from home ATM.
-retired-
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

My wife and I have been together since high school.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Porno booth. :shock:

Typical single-guy answer eh? :P
en kærlighed småkager