Anyone had this happen yet?

All discussion moved to Video Game General Discussion
sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Anyone had this happen yet?

Post by sarlen »

So last night I was shot down while giving air support to my squad. I chose one of the 2 locations to respawn, pop out of the tube and bam Im killed instantly by a max. Thinking it was prolly clear i choose the same place and of coarse Im killed again. At this point Im a little grouchy over it but hey its a FPS it happens, so I chose the other location and guess what? yup a Max camping the tubes. After 12 deaths between the 2 places I finally get pissed and quit out of the game. My question is, is there anything a player can do about this? I really didnt mind the first few deaths but damn waisted half an hour of my night pinned down in the tubes. Im sure I could wait the 10 or 15 min and auto respawn at the sanctuary but seems like a long wait to me.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

I've run into this situations many times. I just hit '2' as fast as I can when I spawn and shoot them. Though, I have never seen a MAX camp ST.
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

ST camping happens all the time, infact its a viable tactic when capping a base. If you can get a max or 2 into the spawn room and take out the terms, it's key.
Salis
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Salis »

Tactics, and the shitty end of the stick!

Note: If there's a MAX in your spawn room there's basically nothing you can do, AI supressor fire does 0 dmg to a MAX, as does any pistol fire or knifing. Get the chance to load in some AP rounds, and you'll do minor (2-4 damage a shot) but you're better running out the door if you have the time.
Last edited by Salis on April 22, 2003, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

click the choose to respawn button, and in the over view map, in lower right hand corner, you can choose to respawn at sanctuary there
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

It's kind of like when you're running on foot somewhere and you get run over by an enemy vehicle. On the one hand, it sucks. On the other, you'd be stupid not to do the same thing if you were in a vehicle.

Good tactics are a bitch when they're used on you. Of course, if your squad had an AMS or maybe two and if they weren't compromised, your situation would have been a non-issue. I think too many of the newer players underestimate the value of an AMS. There's a reason why it was the second cert I took. ;)

In the situation you described, I typically try to switch to AP rounds in case people have worn down the MAX and I get a lucky shot in, but really the best thing to do is respawn elsewhere, or run. That kind of thing is SoP for taking a tower or base.
Last edited by noel on April 22, 2003, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sarlen »

Damn right, if it were me I would stand right there gunning down everyone that spawned also. I was really looking for a fast way out of this situation, I would have taken the sanctuary spawn in a heart beat had I known I could choose it like that ( thanks Pyrella). :D
Death Jester
No Stars!

My Can'ts Breath smells like Ass

Post by Death Jester »

I had that happen to me last night. Luckily, there was an AMS nearby, so I spawned there, grabbed a Striker, and got mowed down by a few non-max infantry. Oh well, it would've worked... :evil:

~Death
He was an avalanche from an unexpected quarter.
He was a thunderbolt from a clear sky.

~ Commissar Yarrick on Ghazghkull Thraka
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

Man, I love setting up boomers in respawn rooms. People spawn, BOOM, 3 deaths. Those remote mines do like 450dmg a pop, and for like every 10feet it only decreases damage by like 100. They are effectively a nuke~
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

I don't believe spawn camps are a necessity. I always find blowing power to be a better way to cap then spawn camp. And less cheap.
Janx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Janx

Post by Janx »

Problem with blowing up the gen, is not having power to access/hack terminals once you've hacked into the cc.
Salis
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Salis »

Ebumar wrote:Man, I love setting up boomers in respawn rooms. People spawn, BOOM, 3 deaths. Those remote mines do like 450dmg a pop, and for like every 10feet it only decreases damage by like 100. They are effectively a nuke~
oh man...
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Dumb question.
What is an AMS?
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Janx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Janx »

Mobile Station (vehicle). Lets you resupply/spawn and has an invis barrier to hide it from enemys when its deployed.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Janx wrote:Problem with blowing up the gen, is not having power to access/hack terminals once you've hacked into the cc.
It's my belief that blowing the respawn tubes might be a more effective route than blowing the generator. Then we hack the other terms for our own use and we're gtg. Thoughts?
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Forthe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Brutus709

Post by Forthe »

I enjoy blowing up the generator. Hi.
All posts are personal opinion.
My opinion may == || != my guild's.
"All spelling mistakes were not on purpose as I dont know shit ." - Torrkir
Janx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Janx »

It really depends. If the base is well defending the only option IS to blow the gen. I just hate it when someone gets the hack in and someone still goes and blows the generator.

Hacking the eterms in the spawn room owns too. nothing better then lots of soft infantry running around =P
Innkubbus
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Innkubbus »

Don't think anyone mentioned it but the exp you get when spawn camping is greatly reduced. The game keeps track of who you killed and when the last time you killed them was. If you kill the same person really fast after just killing them, it considers it spawn camping. That way it isn't very tempting to spawn camp and it is more of a tactic to secure a base than anything else.
Retired Assassin
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

In the early part of beta you got 5 grief points for every person you killed that was still in the spawn tube.