Battlefield 4

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Battlefield 4

Post by Animalor »

You know.. I thought I'd be safe from bugs buying this one a few months after launch but boy was I wrong.

1 - MP is still laggy as times. I've had lag free games but also my fair share of rubber banding and weird shit.
2 - I started it up this morning wanting to play Campaign only to find that my progress is just gone. Did some research and this is not platform specific. I've read about 360, XB1, PS3 and PS4 users getting this.

I just cannot believe that in this day and age, not only are the launching with data-loss bugs but it's not fixed 2+ months in.

Fuck!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Fairweather Pure »

What platform did you buy it for?

I tried it again a few weeks ago on my PS4 and instead of crashing at the end of a 40 minute match, it crashed inbetween games. It may not sound like it, but that's a fucking huge upgrade for me lol.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I play this almost every day on the PS4. My campaign progress hasn't been lost in over a month now, and I haven't had a game crash on me in at least that long. There aren't any rubber banding lag issues either, although my friends and I have verified they have some latency issues. We have tested it when we are in party chat and on separate teams, and what we are seeing doesn't match up (I'm shooting you like two seconds before your gun starts to fire and I die first type of things) - which verifies that we've felt like this is happening fairly often.

The only issue really left is the sound issue that started happening recently, and it's only with domination and team deathmatch from what I understand (which is mostly what we play). There will be game music but no sound effects, but this only happens your first game in each lobby. Could be worse, but it's starting to get frustrating as it's been almost a week that it's been going on now.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I'm on the Xbox One for this.

Rubber banding is few and far between and that may be my ISP too but given the history for this game, I'd be surprised.

The data loss though is completely unacceptable. Where's the damn QA.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I was having rubber banding issues with my ps4 hooked up wireless. I tried port forwarding, blah blah blah. I couldn't get a consistently good connection (I only had issues with battlefield). I just hooked the ps4 up wired and that went away. Supposedly they are gonna work on netcode issues in the next month.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Played 90 minutes of the campaign last night. Started it up this morning and nothing was saved at all.

I don't think I've ever had a game do this type of shit before ever...
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Animalor wrote:Played 90 minutes of the campaign last night. Started it up this morning and nothing was saved at all.

So glad I never opened up that game and exchanged it for Forza 5.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Newegg has a XBO+BF4 combo today as a SHELL SHOCKER for $499. I'm not sure if that means XBO sales are lagging or they are just trying to get rid of all their BF4 copies! A bit of both probably.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Animalor wrote:Played 90 minutes of the campaign last night. Started it up this morning and nothing was saved at all.

That is annoying and shouldn't happen, but:

1) the campaign is barely longer than that - so that's kind of good news in this case.
2) Play the MP if you're gonna play the game, ffs!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

But there are gun unlocks!! :lol:
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Animalor wrote:But there are gun unlocks!! :lol:
Haha! Yeah I used the same logic. I used the rex like once and haven't touched it since. It's all about the starting pistol and the P90/GS2. I think I have the most kills with PDW's in MN by a pretty wide margin, and I'm pretty high up world wide too. Probably the best I've done stats wise in a FPS game.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Newegg has a XBO+BF4 combo today as a SHELL SHOCKER for $499. I'm not sure if that means XBO sales are lagging or they are just trying to get rid of all their BF4 copies! A bit of both probably.
The Sony Store has the Playstation 4 bundled with Knack and an extra Dualshock 4 for $400. This is the best deal on either next-gen console so far.
PS4 sales lagging or Knack sucks something awful!

http://kotaku.com/playstation-4-with-fr ... 1519583256

http://store.sony.com/gsi/webstore/WFS/ ... 7-PS490003

PS: buy lots of Sony stuff!

ignoring Knack, that's a good deal. Going to eventually need a second controller unless you're a loner. It would be funny if they threw in a roll of black electrical tape in the deal to cover the glowing lights on the console and controllers.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Meanwhile in fantasy land...
RPS: SimCity and BF4 both had terrible launches. SimCity didn't work for more than a month, and BF4 still has issues. Surely you're overhauling how you approach launches internally from now on?

Hilleman: I'm not sure I accept your premise. Battlefield 4 has been an exceedingly successful product on both consoles and PC. From a sales perspective, from a gameplay perspective.
Sure people bought and like the game.. Doesn't mean it works!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

RPS: SimCity and BF4 both had terrible launches. SimCity didn't work for more than a month, and BF4 still has issues. Surely you're overhauling how you approach launches internally from now on?

Hilleman: I'm not sure I accept your premise. Battlefield 4 has been an exceedingly successful product on both consoles and PC. From a sales perspective, from a gameplay perspective.

BF4 didn't have issues huh? That's some revisionist thinking right there. The game was a fucking disaster at launch and still isn't 100% by a long shot. What a fucking bullshit PR response.