Puppeteer - PS3

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Puppeteer - PS3

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I bought Puppeteer on sale because I had heard nothing but good things about it and it has great review scores from all the sources I trust. Well, let me tell you something: The game is fucking awesome.

It's a platformer, through and through. The setting is amazing. You play as a puppet with the soul of a boy inside of it. You swap between different puppet heads that have different abilities. If you get hit, your head pops off and you have to chase it down before it disappears. You also have a pair of magical scissors that you use to cut various things. This is an amazing mechanic and a lot of fun to use in the game. The setting is a puppet stage. Your level and it's background change on the fly as you play and you never leave the stage setting. You even have an ever present spotlight following your puppet. The audience gasps, hoots, giggles, cheers, and laughs as you progress through each stage. They really captured the feeling of playing in front of an overly enthusiastic crowd that hangs on your every move. The stage show is further enhanced by the voice acting, which is done in a boisterous over the top fashion as if projecting to an audience. The game is a total joy to play and it's platforming is top notch. It can hold it's own against the Raymans, Marios, and Donkey Kong Countries. It's fluid, colorful, and a joy to see in motion. The music is great too. The whole game has a dark whimsy to it, much like the movie Coraline. At the story's heart it is really quite morbid!

Furthermore, the co-op is fun and different. One person plays the puppet and the other plays a ghostly cat that floats about seeking out moon shards hidden in each level and gives them to the player. This part can be played with the Move controller and it works very well and is a lot of fun. The cherry on top for me is the orgasmic 3D support. This game was made from the top to the bottom to be played in 3D. It is jaw droppingly awesome.

Here is a review where you can kind of see how well 3D would be utilized if you had it. Things are constantly flying at the screen or just floating around at random during virtually every frame of the game. It's the best 3D I have ever seen in a video game. It's so much fun to play!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnFhXOslywg

I played an hour or so last night and it's now in contention for my game of the year. All this from a game that I only bought because it was dirt cheap. If you think this is some kind of LBP clone, think again. This game is the real deal and everyone should play it.

Check out the launch trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk-a7We07Bk
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Puppeteer - PS3

Post by Aslanna »

I picked it up as well since it was $20. It was out of stock though on Amazon so it will probably be awhile before it ships.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--