Belize Vacation Suggestions?

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Belize Vacation Suggestions?

Post by Canelek »

I'm currently looking at what is available for all-inclusive resorts in Belize. Seems to be quite a few out there. Does anyone vacation there, or has in the past and can provide some suggestions?

I want all-inclusive since I can rack up huge food/drink bills and it would be nice to not have to worry about that...

Going in May.

Thanks!
en kærlighed småkager
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Re: Belize Vacation Suggestions?

Post by Tyek »

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 3809819148

http://www.bellavistabelize.com/#/home/

I went to a small little place on Ambrigris Caye. They had a restaurant and the store was a couple blocks away. They have small Casitas of varying sizes. We got a one bedroom with a kitchen and full bath for about $90 a night, but it was the high season. I think the time you are talking about was about $75 a night. They had a great restaurant that was in the sand on the beach. They arranged all my trips, when I wanted the big resort pool and bar, I walked next door. They had an agreement with the place next door to let their guest use the pool if they also used the pool side bar. We talked to people at the Captain Morgan Resort and they payed about 300 a night. They had special theme nights and bar nights there, but locals told us the food was average at best.

We would get up, rent the kayak and head out, there were only 6 casitas, so the kayak was readily available. They have a bbq place on the back side of the hotel as well. To get to the hotel you have to cross a small bridge and their was a little 6 foot croc, (very well fed from the bbq place) that you would occasionally see in the river. They also rent bikes for about 6 dollars a day I believe, but if you want a golf cart to drive you can rent them at the big resort.

We walked up and down the coast and honestly, when we go back, we are going back to the same place again. Most of the resorts had a "creepy" vibe or were so overly expensive it made it pointless. What I also liked was that our resort was on the end of the island, so while there was lots of resorts, there was still some quiet. There is a yoga resort a few doors down, and about 1/2 mile east there was an old resort that has been overtaken by locals, but it is extremely quiet. It was built in the old Romanesque style and it is falling apart. It looked like an ancient ruin, it was very cool to check out. We heard it was an old Church resort, but other people said it was a drug front, and haunted....etc...

With the small casitas we had privacy, Blue crabs all around the walkways, we had a Jesus Lizard in the yard, our decks were the lizard hangout, I even got to see one lizard get his grove on with the ladies. Snorkling was just a short boat ride, the Mayan temples took a long time to get too, but I would highly recommend this resort. I can send you my facebook page if you want to friend me and you can see hundreds of photos. We went snorkling with turtles and nurse sharks, touring like crazy and the resort can bill it all and you can pay at the end.

Seriously consider it over those high priced places. You will love it and the atmosphere was significantly better then the big resorts. If you are married it can be romantic, but walk down the road or take a cart and you can party all night as well. Best part, the owner is wonderful, she just told us her daughter is getting married and their restaurant was better then most of the ones we tried, by a mile.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Sounds rad, I'll check out the link! As for travel, I am going with a coworker buddy, so the romance stuff would be awkward, haha! Hoping to find a 2-bedroom suite type of deal to save and at the same time not share sleeping space.

My priorities:

All drinks, food included
On beach
Pool/hot tub
Excellent food!
Free access to kayaks, etc
Reasonably close to inland activities, although honestly it will be a vacation comprised of relaxing, and not scheduling tours so much

Thanks!
en kærlighed småkager
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I've heard that Belize also has some of the hottest hookers in all of SA.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

I talked with a lot of people and most recommend doing the Ambrigris Caye with day trips into Belize. There are portions of the country that get a little to close to rebel territory in other countries and it is common to take cameras, personal goods and money if you stray too far out. The day trips into the mainland were great, but you could fill 2 weeks on the caye and surrounding cayes. If you are into history the Mayan City was great. Also takes you by a mennanite camp. Bunch of crazy blonde kids riding on the river begging for alcohol. Like main street USA on a river!!! They were also swimming in the river, which I saw 18ft crocs in....no thanks.

There are nightclubs on the Caye, so finding ladies should not be a problem. There was even a burger joint that had live bands/concerts playing on weekends and most bars are pretty open to single life in the evening.

Not sure about the all inclusive thing, I think I saved a bunch going the way were did, but you could check the Timeshare/Hotel next to the hotel I linked. Forgot the name, I will try and get you that. The Capt Morgan had one of those Fox everyone sleeps with everyone shows filmed there. Pleasure Island or something like that, but I thought it was pretty skanky. The kayak was only a few dollars if they charged me at all. The fishing guide they had was awesome. The rooms have kitchens, so you could cook in your room a few times if you wanted, but the island grocery stores were pretty pricey.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

I think Costa Rica had better looking hookers, but they have some beautiful women in Belize.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Just be careful in the clubs, shyne is there and he has a habit of shooting those up :)

P.S. I <3 hookers.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Decided on Belizean Dreams near Hopkins Village.

http://www.belizeandreams.com/

Leaving Thursday! :D :D :D
en kærlighed småkager
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Funkmasterr wrote:Just be careful in the clubs, shyne is there and he has a habit of shooting those up :)

P.S. I <3 hookers.
Isn't he also now an Orthodox Jew living in Jerusalem? That was the last I had heard of him on 20/20 or something like that.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Tomorrow is going to be a long day of traveling, including the DFW stop. Will require copious volumes of rum tomorrow evening...on the beach...bangin' hookers. Will post pictures upon return/Photoshop session.
en kærlighed småkager