Battlefield 3

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Battlefield 3

Post by Winnow »

I guess part of this video has been out for awhile but this is an extended version.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/16/watch ... -gameplay/

Watch it in 720P

Visually, the best looking game yet. Character animations are spot on. lighting..effects, audio...all the best. This is a must buy for you FPSers.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Battlefield 3

Post by Fairweather Pure »

It looks great and there's no doubt that I'll be getting it, but I have to admit that I'm getting more than a little worn out on playing FPS games in modern day war zones. I still think a WW1 shooter has the potential to be amazing. Trench warfare, shotguns, flamethrowers, machine gun nests, gas masks, bi planes (with hand dropped bombs and a machine gunner in the 2nd cockpit!), no man's land, over the wall scenarios, generation 1 tanks, man the list goes on and on. Perks could be thinks like mustard gas, artillery bombardment, and even more dogs! Someone make this game!

I feel as though it's gotten to the point where no matter how good this or any other modern FPS actually is, it will just be another drop of water in a sea of identically themed games.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I agree modern combat FPS is overdone. This is the best though it seems. I'd like to see this kind of detail in other genres.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Battlefield is a pass for me, I think Killzone is better in all aspects than pretty much any other fps out. This one does look cool and everything, but it's basically CoD with destructible buildings.