Adobe Acrobat and Printing

Support, Discussion, Reviews
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Adobe Acrobat and Printing

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I haven't run into this probem in a long time and our documentation was lost when we switched systems. Basically what is happening is we have an office that got two new Canon Image Runner multifunction printers. When trying to print a pdf (150kb) it takes that file and explodes it so it becomes a 50mb file and takes forever to print.

I have tried printing as an image at 300dpi and while printing a single page is fine, printing more than 2-3 it does the same thing.

I'm not sure if turning off the "Enable advanced printing features" on the printer works yet as I have not been able to test that.

It's somewhere in the back of my mind on how to fix this but I can't quite seem to grasp it yet. Annoying as hell. The people having the problem are in an office in the next state over so I connect remotely to the person computer to troubleshoot this. They had to leave so I m stuck wondering and not able to tinker.

Anyone else run into this in the past and can shed some light on a solution for me?
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Adobe Acrobat and Printing

Post by Aabidano »

Are they postscript printers\printer drivers? Think I recall an adobe document gets sent as a monster image unless you're tell it not to be\use PS.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Postscript drivers play well with PDFs, PCL drivers do not.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Thanks guys. I was talking to the network guys who helped install the printers and they had another driver to use and that fixed it. yay
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

You can also clicky the "print as image" box and it won't matter what drivers you use.