Mass Effect 2

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Mass Effect 2

Post by Winnow »

Pretty cool so far.

I was able to import my level 39 vanguard from my Mass Effect 1 save which was last played on 11/22/2005 (how's that possible?) (25 hours played!)

It's interesting how they manage the import of the old character. I don't think it's going to help much or if it's worth importing the old character although I like the look if the model I tinkered with so much in the original game. ME 2 takes your old character and "enhances" it with up to date graphics and then you have the opportunity to tweak it if you wish.

You can also change your profession so you're not really restricted much by continuing with your old character. I haven't gotten far enough to see if you retain any equipment but I doubt you do. I doubt my 39 level will matter much either. The initial story does mention what I chose to do at the end of ME 1 though.

Managed to finally get my 360 banned from live. I imagine anyone popping this game in before the release date will get the hammer and deservedly so.

Too early to comment on the game except for that it's at minimum as good as ME 1 so far.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Winnow wrote:Managed to finally get my 360 banned from live. I imagine anyone popping this game in before the release date will get the hammer and deservedly so.
You had a good run.
Syenye
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: asian tempest

Post by Syenye »

I saw that it had been released, but I'm waiting for the retail version.

Please update on the character import! I think I remember someone saying that the Kaiden/Ashley choice affected ME2 and possibly the gender when they reference the character.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Syenye wrote:I saw that it had been released, but I'm waiting for the retail version.

Please update on the character import! I think I remember someone saying that the Kaiden/Ashley choice affected ME2 and possibly the gender when they reference the character.
Well in the opening sequence, I'm (female Shepard) definitely the dom in the relationship as I order Liara (blue alien lady) around.

Very early in the game, you're presented with the opportunity to completely change your imported character (I think, even gender). There is a reason you can change your appearance and gender due to what happens in the story.

I've only played 15 mins or less so far.

To be honest, I can barely remember what I did in ME1 so my decisions in that game will come as a surprise even to me. I slept with the blue lady and let the council die in the final sequence is all I remember.

edit:

hmmm, I created a new male character. Opening changed and the blue lady was nowhere to be seen, instead I was yelling at the female human character so it appears that the game at least placed my squeeze from last game into the scene because of our history.

I went with a male because there's a hot female referenced right in the beginning of the game that hopefully I can bang later in the game. I couldn't remember my origin so picked new one as well. Went: Colonist, Ruthless, but stuck with Vanguard as my Class. Gonna play kinda mean this time around as I went the "nice" route last time.

The character generator is as impressive as the first one was back in its day. It would be so cool if MMORPGs has facial generators this detailed (said that last time as well!)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

After now playing this an hour and getting past the character generator, I declare it game of the year for 2010 so far. Name another 2010 better! : ) OK it's pretty much the first game.

mmmm Miranda! I don't care if I have to destroy the human race, I'm gonna bag her! They give all the hot women Aussie accents these days in games. Her teeth are kinda messed up. Nice to see they took the time to gank something instead of making the perfect choppers like most games.

The voice acting, etc is excellent. Facial movements and body animations are great.

The story is entertaining. I remember now why ME1 was one of the few games I've finished.

Customization (having not really killed anything yet) is nice. You can choose your armor color(s) so make a hot pink outfit if you want to support breast cancer research.

You also have some casual outfits to choose from although most aren't that good. You can choose to run around in non combat zones in your armor or casual clothes.

.....um, just noticed that Miranda is voiced by Yvonne Strahovski (Actress from Chuck)
Once Yvonne Strahovski signed on to voice the character, the development team decided to model the character's face on the actress'. [4] Additionally, the character's original Scandinavian surname was changed to better match Strahovski's Australian accent. [5]
Another early character"Jacob" is well acted.

Impressive so far. Renegade and Paragon points are flying. Not sure what to answer on the decision trees yet.

Edit 2:

The game eases you into everything slowly. Eventually you can watch the Advanced Combat Training videos which help.

This is a highly polished game. First couple missions are also tutorials which make it very easy to get acquainted with abilities and strategies while enjoying the story.

This is so much better than Dragon Age. (IMO) Great character interaction with more people and in a way where you care a little more, or at least are a little more interested on what paths you choose.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

I just ordered the game from eastore!

I'll prolly make a Vanguard, Infiltrator or Soldier
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

What a kick ass trailer for Mass Effect 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2O-0-fQOOs
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Easily the best trailer yet for that game. I caved and pre-ordered. The first one is moving up my que and I may end up playing them back to back like I did with the Uncharted games.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

12 hours into the game, I journey to a planet and get ,"please insert disc 2". oops! grabbing second disc now

Stupendous game. It's got a 98 ranking so far with four reviews on Metacritic and deserves it.

Voice Acting: A+

Visuals: A+

Ive been to quite a few worlds/locations and all have been diverse. Not much repeated art so far. The effort ut into the levels is top rate. I find myself just looking around at the structures and landscapes.

Characters: A

The new characters are interesting as well as some of the old characters that work their way into the story. This ultimately is what makes the game as, unlike Dragon Age or most other games, you care a little more about what's going on which makes everything you do more worthwhile.

Zone Design: A+

Seems every area I enter I think, "this would make an awesome PvP area". It's easy to know which way you need to head in general, but the path is open enough that it doesn't feel overly linear.

Changes from ME 1: A+

There's no running all over the Citadel aimlessly doing goofy tasks/quests (although you can run around the Citadel if you wish of completely ignore the Citadel altogether, at least in the beginning of the game)

Decision Making: A

I went into the game determined to go the renegade route but the choices you make aren't a given. Meaning, you care enough about what's going on that you sometimes just won't feel like picking the option that seems the best/worst.

List of characters that will double down on a male Shepard:
[Show]
Oh come on! Mass Effect 2 doesn't need any perverse sexual gimmicks to make the game interesting!
12 hours into it and I haven't unlocked all the areas in my ship (which is larger than in the original game and has some additional functionality) Still have team members to find, etc.

Bottom line: This is one of those games that you will have a hard time putting down...just one more mission...just one more run through the ship talking to characters. Bioware hit a home run with this one.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

20 hours in and still haven't sexed anyone! Sooo close with Mirana.

As you gain team members, eventually you have the opportunity to complete a special mission for each team member. This, of course makes them more loyal and goes a long ways in their attitude toward you. In addition, after completing the special missions, the team member gains a second outfit which you can switch them into (ala Ultimate Allegiance). Miranda's black outfit is nice.

Great characters. Like the medical team member a lot and Jack is cool too.

No wonder the voice acting is so good, check the cast behind the voices:

Spent a few hours mining planets. While its time consuming, it is kinda fun the way they implemented it and there's several types of valuable material to look for. I highly recommend upgrading your ship's scanners ASAP in order to make it quicker to scan/mine.

Need more Element Zero!

Still very impressed with the openness of the game. You can pick and choose what you want to do, or at least the order in which you do them.

I wish you could have more than two squad members at a time with you. It's a nice team and hard to pick which two to take with you on missions each time.

It's going to be very hard to knock this game off the top spot during 2010. Extremely immersive game.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Commercials for video games I don't really think should be called trailers imo. A bunch of cut-scenes mashed together doesn't really give me a feel for the actual gameplay.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'll find out on my own soon enough.. However, Winnow - how is the AI of your squad mates? The AI in the first game was so bad that I actually wish they would have just left them out entirely. They would stand in the way of what you were trying to shoot and and not even shoot themselves, etc.

I mean, I know AI is one of the first things to get knocked down a peg since it takes so much dev time, however I'd like the damn game companies to start taking their time on games and come out with some seriously kick ass AI.

Either way I'm sure this will be a really cool game, but this would make it a lot more enjoyable.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Yawn...

Ordered it from EAStore per Aslanna's advice, installed it, and have to wait until 29th January to play it.. Yawnnn.... :D
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Just thought I would toss this out there as a warning. If you are thinking about waiting to buy this game used and have any interest in DLC, fork over the extra $$ to buy the game new.

Just like Dragon Age, you will need to connect to Bioware's servers to get the DLC for this game. You will do this by accessing the "Cerberus Network". You will get a code to access the DLC store when you buy the game new. If you buy the game used and that code has already been redeemed, you will need to buy a new one, which will cost 1200 points. Yes, 1200 points just to get access to the DLC.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

That's assuming that your used price, plus the 1200 points, would add up to more than what you would pay for it new. So if you get it for $30 used, and pay $15 for the extra content, you're still $15 ahead.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote:I'll find out on my own soon enough.. However, Winnow - how is the AI of your squad mates? The AI in the first game was so bad that I actually wish they would have just left them out entirely. They would stand in the way of what you were trying to shoot and and not even shoot themselves, etc.

I mean, I know AI is one of the first things to get knocked down a peg since it takes so much dev time, however I'd like the damn game companies to start taking their time on games and come out with some seriously kick ass AI.
AI has been excellent IMO. Your two team members are fairly aggressive but I've found them to be in the right spot at the right times. There are hazards to avoid and the AI is smart enough not to let the team members sit somewhere where they would be hit win constant damage over time type things.

They are great at taking cover. They also make very good use of their biotics/special abilities so I tend to take two, at least partial biotic team members with me. You may also directly control their abilities but you can pretty much count on them doing the right thing unless you have some strange battle strategies, and then you shouldn't expect AI to follow your plan unless you directly issue commands.

I'm having a blast with the game. Can't think of anythign bad at all to say about it and I'm 24 hours in.
Last edited by Winnow on January 25, 2010, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:That's assuming that your used price, plus the 1200 points, would add up to more than what you would pay for it new. So if you get it for $30 used, and pay $15 for the extra content, you're still $15 ahead.
True. Still, figured I would give a heads up :)
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Got the game last night, played if for 3-4 hours.

They pulled off the integration of ME1 characters into ME2 in a fantastic way. It truly felt like I was going back to an old friend and threw me right back into something very familiar. It was highly enjoyable.

The continuing story is also a huge plus in my books.
[Show]
Love the new Normandy. The characters I have now (Jacob, Miranda and the professor) are all cool and well fleshed out. My Sheppard is female and seems a lot more flirty than the one in ME1, especially in the casual conversations with Jacob. We'll see how it all plays out.
The only thing that I really find jarring are the "mission complete" screen that shows you what you gained and what you accomplished. It's a jarring transition and acts more to compartimentalize what should be a smooth and seamless experience.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm 36+ hours into ME2 and loving it.

I haven't done any side missions besides spend a few hours mining planets (be sure to upgrade your ship's mining capabilities as you'll need those resources)

Every mission has been interesting and fun as well as visually unique.

As a male Shepard, I have stayed away from Jacob ever since there was a dialog response option that said "hey, no need to be so formal" I'm fairly certain he's gayer than the tooth fairy. Not that there's anything wrong with that but I'm trying to juggle four women and get them to bed before the end.

Also one note for 360 players. The game doesn't switch discs halfway though. They made the change about 20% (or even less IMO) into the game, and then have the middle 80% on one disc, and then you switch back to the 1st disc for the final part. Works great that way and no swapping for me except once. I'm still in the middle part after 36 hours. Sort of like in ME 1, there comes a point where you can move on, but I'm thinking that would be a very bad idea until you've built up your team doing all of their secondary missions which builds loyalty and opens some abilities for Shepard. You also should not ignore improving your ship's tech/equipment when available.

This isn't a spoiler as it says it on transition screens...your decisions will impact your character transfer to ME3 (if you survive) which it also stats on the loading screens. So, Im guessing, building your levels/power up might allow you to survive perhaps.

PS, love my Sniper rifle (can choose weapon specializations beyond your class abilities (vanguard in my case) later on in the game.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

ME2 is rocking 96% on Metacritic (for 360. PC is 94%). For the sake of comparison, last year's pretty much unviersal GOTY, Uncharted 2 is also ranked at 96%.
Syenye
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Syenye »

I couldn't import my ME1 character for whatever reason, but it really hasn't seemed to matter. My Shepherd is female, so it assumed I chose Kaiden.

I am really glad they left out overheating in this game. The ammo is pretty plentiful. I do not like the hacking mini-game. Simon says was better.

Great game thus far. I'm hoping to be snowed in for the next few days so I can play it.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Must finish Dragon Age first!
en kærlighed småkager
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

Played this last night (PC) and had a blast. Chose soldier for now and I am busy collecting crew members. Favorite mission so far is Archangel.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

Since there wasn't a very active thread for ME2 on PC games, I'll ask this here. I'm wondering about the imported saves from the first game.

I played ME1 1.5 times, once as a Paragon and half of the game as a Renegade. However at some point I must've deleted my ME saves (not sure why, normally i keep saves after uninstalling something).

If I'm a blank slate starting into ME2, are those characters from the first game simply not going to be part of my ME2 story? It sounded like if you didn't play ME1 then characters that could've died or lived in that game simply wouldn't be there in this sequel?

I have installed ME2, but I don't want to start up as a blank slate character if I'm missing out on anything. Maybe someone here can send me their save file from ME1 if it's best that way??
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Keverian FireCry wrote:Since there wasn't a very active thread for ME2 on PC games, I'll ask this here. I'm wondering about the imported saves from the first game.

I played ME1 1.5 times, once as a Paragon and half of the game as a Renegade. However at some point I must've deleted my ME saves (not sure why, normally i keep saves after uninstalling something).

If I'm a blank slate starting into ME2, are those characters from the first game simply not going to be part of my ME2 story? It sounded like if you didn't play ME1 then characters that could've died or lived in that game simply wouldn't be there in this sequel?

I have installed ME2, but I don't want to start up as a blank slate character if I'm missing out on anything. Maybe someone here can send me their save file from ME1 if it's best that way??
Your only real "benefit" is the extra money/minerals/exp you get for importing a character. As far as the ways the decisions from the first game can effect the second, from my understanding if you don't import a character it just randomly decides those things and crafts the game accordingly.

I imported a level 58 character, I had a level 60 save but it was as renegade and I wanted to do paragon first time through. I got bonus exp that boosted me to level 3 I think to start, and a bunch of credits and mining stuff. Been having a blast with this game so far, there is literally not a single complaint I can come up with.
Syenye
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Syenye »

Keverian FireCry wrote:If I'm a blank slate starting into ME2, are those characters from the first game simply not going to be part of my ME2 story? It sounded like if you didn't play ME1 then characters that could've died or lived in that game simply wouldn't be there in this sequel?
Thus far, all the characters have been in the game for me.

The only difference I've seen is (ME1 spoiler!) Kaiden/Ashley. They make the choice for you on who you chose in the first game based on gender (female keeps Kaiden, male Ashley).
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

I am also hooked into this game. I actually took a sick day to play it (haven't done that in a while!). I played as a renegade in the first one, and imported him to a 25 percent status as a renegade on this one. Which makes it easier for me to use paragon points to woo my new squad members. This game is just plain better than the first one.

That having been said, I have a few complaints. I'm still not big into not having my inventory, and lack of shields. I loved the set up of the first one. And I want my medigels back! I am getting used to the levelling up system, but I think I still prefer the old one. The map sucks. They used way too much orange and yellow and red for the map, and a lot of the load screens. The decryption in this game is cute, but the hacking one gets a bit dumb. And as said earlier, the Mission Complete screen is pretty lame.

I understand that playing this game longer will alleviate a lot of these complaints (except the map). But the gameplay is heads and shoulders above part 1, and that is just dandy.
Fuck Michigan!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Reading the praising of this game in the Metacritic blurbs should be enough to give the game a try.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platfor ... asseffect2

I only have a quest or two left before moving on to the final part of the game and don't want to go yet. Having too much fun but looks like it will be time soon.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I will say, it looks like you may actually be able to get all of the achievements the first time through on this one, if not definitely the second. This was one of the things that bugged me about the first one, I don't feel you should ever craft the achievements/trophies for a game in a way that requires 3+ thorough times through a game to 100% it.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Mass Effect 2 rocks.

I'm on Veteran-difficulty (first time playing the Franchise) as a Vanguard.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:Mass Effect 2 rocks.

I'm on Veteran-difficulty (first time playing the Franchise) as a Vanguard.
I played on easiest setting but I think I'm finally worthy of "medium/normal settings! Not sure about veteran but as I progress through ME2, I can see the areas that would be a real bitch if I was playing on higher levels. I think a second play through on a higher difficulty level, playing another class, and as a female lead will make for a much different experience.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'm gonna play through on Insanity as a female lead the second time through. Should be able to polish up the rest of the achievements and probably frustrate the living shit out of myself :)
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I'm playing a soldier on Veteran first time round. Imported my character fron ME1.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

I just ordered this game based on the hype from this thread. Never played the first one, don't even know what the gameplay is like.

Can anyone relate the classes I'll be able to choose from in this game to those in games that I have played before, or your standard RPG archetypes?
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sylvus wrote:I just ordered this game based on the hype from this thread. Never played the first one, don't even know what the gameplay is like.

Can anyone relate the classes I'll be able to choose from in this game to those in games that I have played before, or your standard RPG archetypes?

Vanguard is a nice mix between melee and biotics.

Nice video explaining the class:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/06/mass- ... ard-class/
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

There are pretty good explanations of the differences between the classes in game. It tells you which abilities each class can use, etc.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Sylvus wrote:I just ordered this game based on the hype from this thread. Never played the first one, don't even know what the gameplay is like.

Not sure what difficulty you will start on.

I never played Me1, but i started on Veteran-difficulty in ME2 and as a Vanguard.

Vanguard is quite a risky class and i wouldnt recommend it on Insanity-diff first time playing.

For Survivability, i'd go Sentinel (Jack of all Trades), Safe, Useful but not as fun as Vanguard! :D

Soldier is also a very good class that is a bit "easier" than the others.

If you want to play a "pure Biotic" like Adept, make sure one of your Team-mates have Overload for Shields!
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

I've played adept, which is a space wizard, in ME1 and now 2. I will say in part 1 it was a bit harder, in the new game though, from what I've heard, Vangaurd is the hardest. They pride themselves on close quarters combat, yet, to me, the game lacks that aspect. My buddy who played a Vangaurd to level 12 already restarted as a soldier. Just something to think about. My advice is to pick up part one and play it real fast. I finished it in 17 hours (probably 20ish playing time), and am doing just fine atm.
Fuck Michigan!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Zamtuk wrote:I've played adept, which is a space wizard, in ME1 and now 2. I will say in part 1 it was a bit harder, in the new game though, from what I've heard, Vangaurd is the hardest. They pride themselves on close quarters combat, yet, to me, the game lacks that aspect. My buddy who played a Vangaurd to level 12 already restarted as a soldier. Just something to think about. My advice is to pick up part one and play it real fast. I finished it in 17 hours (probably 20ish playing time), and am doing just fine atm.
Vanguard is f'ing hard. The close quarters thing is cool and all, but there are a few things that seem to be lacking that make that really tough. I think they might get better at higher levels with more weapon upgrades, etc.. However, having your abilities all on a global cooldown makes it so that if you charge in on the enemy, what I would want to do next is use the knock down ability to stop everything from shooting at me at the same time, however its on cooldown. Also, for a shotgun, my shotgun seems pretty damn weak.

Basically, if i try and play close quarters, I generally die pretty quick against any number of enemies. I don't want to bitch out and start over but I'm thinking about doing it now before I get any further into the game.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

The only things I've realy had trouble with in Vanguard are the heavy mechs. Those things will chew through you and won't stop walking towards you while you shoot them.

Shotguns with the electrical bullets ability seem to be the appropriate response. The Gravity Well gun pre-order DLC is not(although it works WONDERS with humanoid targets..
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah I forgot to pre order so I didn't get any of the bonus stuff. I have been using fire bullets, totally forgot to try the electric ones, I'll have to mess with that and see how it changes things.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I admit I'm playing on easy but why so much problems with Vanguard? Surround yourself with the proper team.

You gain the ability to specialize in additional weapons later in the game. I chose sniper rifle and the rapid fire sniper rifle in the game chews threw everything. I have to switch to sub machine gun once in awhile to get through shields but sniper rifle goes through armor like its butter.

You can't hit CHARGE all the time or you'll die for sure. Pick your spots. I made sure i upgraded incendiary ammo so that my entire team can take advantage of it. I also found that sub machine guns seem to be a nice weapon to cut through biotics and shields so that's what i drop back to when the sniper rifle is ineffective.

Also, you can use advanced training to add one of your team member's skills after their loyalty mission so make sure you choose one or two decent skills from that pool. 5000 element zero cost but worth it. I picked up barrier for added protection and use that more than charge.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Winnow wrote:I admit I'm playing on easy but why so much problems with Vanguard? Surround yourself with the proper team.

You gain the ability to specialize in additional weapons later in the game. I chose sniper rifle and the rapid fire sniper rifle in the game chews threw everything. I have to switch to sub machine gun once in awhile to get through shields but sniper rifle goes through armor like its butter.

You can't hit CHARGE all the time or you'll die for sure. Pick your spots. I made sure i upgraded incendiary ammo so that my entire team can take advantage of it. I also found that sub machine guns seem to be a nice weapon to cut through biotics and shields so that's what i drop back to when the sniper rifle is ineffective.

Also, you can use advanced training to add one of your team member's skills after their loyalty mission so make sure you choose one or two decent skills from that pool. 5000 element zero cost but worth it. I picked up barrier for added protection and use that more than charge.
No game is the same on easy, so it would be hard for you to relate. I don't understand playing through a game on easy difficulty, it detracts from the experience the developers intend :)

I know you can't charge in all the time, but the tactic isn't working well for me most of the time, and considering the class is supposed to rely heavily on close combat that doesn't make sense.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Anyone have a spare Inferno armor or Dr. Pepper codes laying around? :D
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I guess some people prefer not to be challenged when playing games.
I'm not as masochistic as you Funk, but I do enjoy games that are challenging.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:I guess some people prefer not to be challenged when playing games.
I'm not as masochistic as you Funk, but I do enjoy games that are challenging.
Yeah I think my addiction to achievements/trophies is probably shaving a month or two off of my life per year.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I have no need to defend what setting I play games on. I am fully entertained. If not, I would raise the difficulty level which I intend to for the next play through.

I could give a fuck if someone plays on insane or easy.

Tactically speaking through, I understand strategies are much different on harder levels. The basic mechanics remain the same though.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Winnow wrote:I have no need to defend what setting I play games on. I am fully entertained. If not, I would raise the difficulty level which I intend to for the next play through.

I could give a fuck if someone plays on insane or easy.

Tactically speaking through, I understand strategies are much different on harder levels. The basic mechanics remain the same though.
You most certainly don't need to defend it, however if you make a comment aimed at me stating you don't see what's so hard about the class, don't be surprised when I pull your difficulty bitch card :)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote:[

You most certainly don't need to defend it, however if you make a comment aimed at me stating you don't see what's so hard about the class, don't be surprised when I pull your difficulty bitch card :)
Noted! I acknowledge my failure to address my response in a less provocative manner! I offer my sincere apologies and will make an effort to carefully think out my responses in the future.