I too hate Bank of America.

What do you think about the world?
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

I too hate Bank of America.

Post by laneela »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8318626.stm
US bank customer Dalton Chiscolm could learn on Friday if he is one step closer to becoming the world's first ever billion-trillionaire.

Mr Chiscolm sued Bank of America in Manhattan's federal court in August for "$1,784 billion trillion", in a complaint that boiled down to poor customer service.
Dalton, if you're reading this: I'll go in halvsies on the court and attorney costs if you let me get in on this. Class action suit!
Laneela
You may take our lives, but you will never take our trousers!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: I too hate Bank of America.

Post by Funkmasterr »

Just read this too... I mean, for real?

What the judge should do, is ask the guy suing, and whoever is there to represent Bank of America to come forward, walk around to the front of his bench, punch them both in the dicks, and tell them to get the fuck out of his court room. This makes up for both the frivolous lawsuit, and the poor customer service.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

:lol:
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Bank of America is the worst fucking bank ever. I used to love them because of how nifty the website was. Come to find out that they rearrange your daily transactions. If you have 5 transactions in a day, and they range from $10 to $1000, the $1000 transaction is deducted first so that if there is an overdraft, they can nail you for all the other ones. Apparently a lot of banks do this but BoA charges $35 per overdraft. Earlier this year I went on vacation and I had several transactions the day I left. My last transaction was for $40 to fill up my tank which was overdraft by $5. But they changed the order so my 2 transactions that were less than $5 were both overdraft, so they nailed me for $70 instead of $35. Then, they moved $8 from my savings account to my checking account and charged me $10 to do so. Then they charged me another $35 because my account was negative for more than 6 days.

I was on vacation so I had no idea any of this was going on since I have 2 bank accounts and I was using the other one. I come back to find out that my account was at -$120. They took $115 out of my account for 1 overdraft of $5. I'm like wtf, so I call them up. They were rude as fuck on the phone, and I asked to talk to a supervisor and she was even a bigger bitch. So I go to the actual bank and the lady says I must've been rude on the phone cuz the person I talked to on the phone locked in those overdrafts. I asked her why they took that last $35 and she told me the reason and said that they had the right to do it because they sent me a fucking letter telling me about the policy change. So they send a letter and they can just steal my fucking money??? WTF?

So I ask to close my account and she says that if any transactions come through within 30 days that my account automatically re-opens. WHAT? I can't fucking close my account? No, because they want to rob me of even more money, so their "policy" is not to reject transactions but to let them through and charge me an extra $35 for each ON A CLOSED ACCOUNT. This dumb bitch actually tried to tell me that they didn't have the ability to reject transactions. Fucking fuck. This is a fucking bank that go bailed out by the government, and they just shit on their customers like this. Then she fed me some other bullshit lies and when I asked for it in writing she said no! I was so fucking pissed off I could barely control myself. So I spent the next few weeks finding and changing every auto-deduct that I have, and there were like 8. I was finally able to sever myself from what I consider to be the worst corporation that I've ever done business with. They are fucking pieces of shit.

My new bank is Regions. They only charge $10 overdraft and they call me anytime a transaction of over $500 is made to confirm that I made it. Bank of America can suck a big fat dick. FUCK THEM.

I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

See my post in the financial forum about my BoA experience. As soon as I possibly can I'll be dropping them to hell. In general, fuck banks. I only deal with credit unions now.

But most of all, fuck bank of america.
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

$10 overdraft at Regions? I have the exact same experience at Regions that you just described from BoA, including the $35 overdraft.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Vetiria wrote:$10 overdraft at Regions? I have the exact same experience at Regions that you just described from BoA, including the $35 overdraft.
Exactly. All banks are out to fuck you so it doesn't really matter where you go.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Hmmm, maybe the solution is to not overdraft!

Been with BofA since Security Pacific was acquired by them. (almost 20 years now I'd guess). Had no problems with the merger and I actually had one overdraft $35 charge removed once even though it was my fault. (pays to be nice on the phone) Same goes when dealing with police.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Winnow wrote:Hmmm, maybe the solution is to not overdraft!
I have $1k overdraft protection and think I've gone into it once in the past 3-4 years.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I've never been overdraft. I've always kept a pretty hefty buffer because I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Once I got direct deposit, I haven't set foot in a bank. That was 5-6 years ago.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I left BoA last year, and found out about their "we don't actually CLOSE your account until a month after you close it" bullshit the hard way. I missed one of my auto pays, and had to go through all that bullshit to get the charges cleared and the account shut down for real. This led me to close not just the checking and savings I was originally moving to a bank with better interest rates, but moving my investment accounts away as well.

Fuck BoA.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt