Printing companies?

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Printing companies?

Post by Sylvus »

Anyone have any good experiences with an online printing company? I need to get my wedding save-the-date cards printed, and I've got it designed and everything (in Adobe Illustrator format). I just need someone to print me like 100ish 4"x6" cards that have several colors and a couple B+W photos on them. No idea what to expect for price or anything like that.

Any help is appreciated.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Re: Printing companies?

Post by Xouqoa »

100 4x6 cards? Find a friend with a color inkjet or laser and print them there. :)

You could also try Kinko's/FedEx Office and see what they would charge. Most printing companies that use an actual printing press will charge you a lot to do just 100 impressions of something, but there might be some online companies that use digital production to run them, I dunno.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

If for whatever reason you were set on having them done by a company with a press, a friend of mine owns a printing company and I can refer you to him/ask for a quote for you.
Syenye
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: asian tempest

Post by Syenye »

I've used Overnight Prints for several printing jobs, including our save the date cards. They're reasonably priced, and the finished product looks like whatever I submitted, which is pretty much what I want from a printing company. My brother's company uses them too for their business cards and mailings. They'll send you free samples of their work.
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

We use Zazzle.

http://www.zazzle.com