Glee

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Glee

Post by laneela »

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet so I thought I'd bring it up. This show is fucking brilliant so far. It's campy, cheesy, way over the top and perfect in every way. Jane Lynch and Jayma Mays are as always genius. The whole cast really is fantastic. It's quickly become the one show I can't miss.

Anyone else seen it?
Laneela
You may take our lives, but you will never take our trousers!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Glee

Post by Fairweather Pure »

My wife is enjoying it.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I watched the first three episodes then decided to start giving it a pass. It's just too cheesy for me.. And the song selection sucks.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

I'm digging this show a lot. I love the music selections, and while the actor can be campy, I think that fits with the overall style they're shooting for. Jane Lynch is a riot.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:I watched the first three episodes then decided to start giving it a pass. It's just too cheesy for me.. And the song selection sucks.

This show is pretty damn cheesy but it has a lot of good qualities. It took about 4 episodes for the character development to go deep enough to have meaning beyond the cheese. I'm on episode 14 and so far am liking it even though the songs, dancing, choreography, etc isn't that great.

I found myself laughing out loud quite a few times...a lot of that has to do with the cheerleading coach's lines. (Sue Sylvester/Jane Lynch)

I'm not much into the "Fame" performing arts crap but this show, as campy as it is, also presents some pretty open feelings about life issues and gets very serious at certain points in between the goofiness.

First season is on Netflix so not much to lose except minutes of your life by giving it a shot...although you probably need to give it 4 or 5 shows for some depth to kick in. Not sure f is will have lasting appeal for all the seasons out so far.

Lead actress in Glee, although she doesn't dress anything like that in the show!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm now 12 episodes into season 2, 34 episodes total and this show continues to impress.

It's the gayest show ever. No seriously. There's so much about gays in this show.

Now, I'm not gay (at least that I know about), and so it takes a lot for a show like this to capture my interest. The episodes are consistently entertaining with some sort of social issue being addressed each time.

The over the top nerdiness of the show really takes 4-5 episodes to adjust to and see the characters for more than their initial stereotypes.

Glee might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's a quality show. They seem to do a good job of rotating the focus around to all the cast members as well.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Finished up Season 2 finally, waited to I could watch the last few at once.

Excellent series. One of best on TV atm. Kinda have to bust through the extreme nerdiness of season one. Season two allows the characters to settle in a bit and not get slap stick slushied in the face all the time.

As with many series, I wonder if season three will be any good (same with Justified) but the first two have been great.