Xbox Dashboard Update Preview Program..

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Xbox Dashboard Update Preview Program..

Post by Animalor »

FYI - If you signed up for the preview program a week or two ago, MS sent out the first wave of acceptance today and they released the bits to wave 1. Wave 2 is coming tomorrow.

I got it installed on my Xbox. A lot of nice features. The nicest one being the Netflix queue management on the Xbox directly. Since we don't get Netflix in Canada, a lot of the stuff here is mostly cosmetic.

If you select your account panel, you can see your games you've completed the achievements for in the 2nd panel and then you see all the games you've played as usual. Another nice addition is that if you have a game selected, hit Y and it launches that game. Hit A and you can go and see the details of the achievements.

Game Ratings by users is in. Select the amount of stars out of 5 you want to assign.

I haven't played with the new Party features yet so I can't really say anything about this.

Avatar Marketplace is up and there are some interesting things in there. Nothing that I would may for(right now at least).

Games on Demand are in there at the moment however everything in there currently is the old Xbox Originals stuff.

The Facebook, Twitter and Last.FM stuff will be implemented in another update later this fall.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Xbox Dashboard Update Preview Program..

Post by Fairweather Pure »

On the avatar thing...

I've heard that some games will offer unlocks for avatar gear, anyone know if this will be retroactive? Does anyone have anymore info or links that talk about the game unlocked gear?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fairweather Pure wrote:On the avatar thing...

I've heard that some games will offer unlocks for avatar gear, anyone know if this will be retroactive? Does anyone have anymore info or links that talk about the game unlocked gear?
I can't remember where I read it but I remember hearing that some (not all) would be retroactive, I believe there is going to be stuff for Gears for sure.

I was going to sign up for this the day it got posted at work but didn't have the serial number for my console on me (duh) and forgot about it until last night :(
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Sounds similar to what Sony has in some PS3 games that have unlocks for PS Home items.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

From what I read online, unless the devs patch in avatar clothes unlock, it won't be available.

Splosion Man is supposed to have clothes unlock but I dunno if it's in yet or if they'll patch it in later on.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:Sounds similar to what Sony has in some PS3 games that have unlocks for PS Home items.
Funny you mention that cause I was just making the connection between the two.. And thinking about how pointless I thought home was, although I only spent about 10 minutes messing around with it.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I haven't spent much time with it either but it has some pretty cool features.
They have made a pretty good effort in trying to create/nurture an online community.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:I haven't spent much time with it either but it has some pretty cool features.
They have made a pretty good effort in trying to create/nurture an online community.
I think the biggest problem was the abundance of in your face 14 year olds meeting up to talk about each others moms and how big their dicks are.