Who You Gonna Call?

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Who You Gonna Call?

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Are you troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night?
Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic?
Have you or your family ever seen a spook, spectre or ghost?
If the answer is yes, then don't wait another minute. Pick up the phone and call the professionals...
Ghostbusters.
Our courteous and efficient staff is on call 24 hours a day to serve all your supernatural elimination needs.
We're ready to believe you.

I picked this up yesterday and look forward to playing through the 6-8 hour game.

You should all know that there is some serious nerdrage from the Sony side because that version has 1/2 the textures, screen tearing, blurring, less effects, and many more problems. Do a search for some side by side comparisons. If I only owned a PS3, I would be mad as fuck too. Half the textures! Jesus. I don't think it's technically HD! The comparisons make me angry, and I have a 360!

If you own both, get it for the 360. Oh yeah, the Wii has it too.

All I've done so far is install it to the HD. I haven't even started it up yet. I'll post impressions later.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post by miir »

You read too many videogame forums.

Not a single review I have read for the PS3 version mentions anything about textures, tearing or blurring.
I played it for 5-10 minutes at Gamestop on friday and the graphics looked good. I didn't notice any tearing or blurring and the textures looked fine.

Do a search for some side by side comparisons. If I only owned a PS3, I would be mad as fuck too. Half the textures! Jesus. I don't think it's technically HD! The comparisons make me angry, and I have a 360!
How many actual real people (not the idiots on neogaf) are going to be running side-by-side comparisons of this game?
People who are actually playing the game generally care more about how fun the game is than if it looks better/worse on another console.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Half the textures, Miir. Half.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

So let me get this straight Miir...

You do not think that anyone who ownes a PS3 or 360 is concerned about graphics? You think reading reviews and comparisons between games on the consoles is for idiots?

Maybe you should think before you post, because you're coming off as either an apologist at best, or a fucking grade A moron at worst.

Being an informed customer is never a bad thing. The PS3 version is inferior to the 360 version. That isn't a pissing contest, that is a fact. I figured I would share that with my fellow VVers. Chances are, everyone here already knew this information anyway because we're all well informed video game enthusiasts. You know, the very people that care about shit like this that you don't think exist.

Let's get a look at the attachment rate of the game next month and see if anyone else really cares at all about the graphical difference.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

i rented this to do the co-op campaign with a friend, but unfortunately you cant actually do the single player campaign co-op. all you can do is a set of 3 short instanced missions in a row, which they then call a campaign. was pretty disappointing. havent played the single but i'm sure its not bad
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Fairweather Pure wrote:So let me get this straight Miir...

You do not think that anyone who ownes a PS3 or 360 is concerned about graphics? You think reading reviews and comparisons between games on the consoles is for idiots?
The fact is that I have not read a single review of the game that mentions anything about texture size, blurring or tearing.
I have played the game on the PS3 and did not notice any blurring, tearing or bad looking textures.

Maybe you should think before you post, because you're coming off as either an apologist at best, or a fucking grade A moron at worst.
How many actual real consumers who own both a PS3 and 360 perform side-by-side tests on games to see which platform looks better? The exact same threads popped up on video game troll forums when Fallout3, GTA4 and countless other multi platform games were released...
The bottom line is that people outside of these vidoegame forums like neogaf really don't give a fuck about comparing the same game on different platforms.

Being an informed customer is never a bad thing. The PS3 version is inferior to the 360 version. That isn't a pissing contest, that is a fact. I figured I would share that with my fellow VVers. Chances are, everyone here already knew this information anyway because we're all well informed video game enthusiasts. You know, the very people that care about shit like this that you don't think exist.
I know you haven't actually played the game on the PS3... you're just parroting the shit that's posted by the tolls on neogaf?

Let's get a look at the attachment rate of the game next month and see if anyone else really cares at all about the graphical difference.
Oh and who the fuck (besides game publishers and video game forum trolls) really cares about attach rates for videogame consoles?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Oh hey I found a review that mentions the differences...
For all the fanboys out there who want to beat their chests about which system got it right, there are some differences between the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of this game. The PS3 features an eight-minute, 4 GB install that apparently doesn't do much seeing as how it takes both games about 30 seconds to load after a death or load a mission from the main screen. Although the PS3 has exclusive videos about refurbishing Ecto-1 and the Blu-ray trailer, the graphics seem to be a touch dumbed down on Sony's system. When you proton stream burns a wall on the 360, there's a black gouge in the wall that features smoldering embers and bits of fire. On the PS3, you get the fire and black gouge, but the little embers embedded in the cut don't make it. Similarly, when you attack Stay Puft on Microsoft's console, you're making dramatic changes to his puffy exterior. On the PS3, these changes aren't as severe -- it's almost like a bruise rather than a fiery cut. Still, I'll save you the suspense and tell you both versions are getting the same score for graphics because the overall package is solid on each platform.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The PS3 one also isn't 720p. Will it matter to most people playing it? Doubtful. That doesn't mean that the PS3 version isn't 'inferior' (or whatever word you want to use) when compared to the 360 version. Blame Sony for that really for pulling the crap they did. It wasn't even originally going to be on the PS3.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
dibit_eq
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by dibit_eq »

graphics nerdrage aside, this game is pretty fun and I've enjoyed the first few hours of gameplay.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

meh, forget it.

The game looks good on the PS3.
The average gamer probably couldn't even tell the difference between the 360 and PS3 versions unless they were given a magnifying glass and told exactly what to look for.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I'm about an hour in and loving it so far. From what I have seen, this is perhaps the best movie franchise game I've ever played. I really liked the Simpson's game too, but Ghostbusters is over the top extremely well polished. As an unabashed fan of the movies, this game seems custom made for me. It looks like the majority of the acheivements will be met with the single player story, which makes me happy. I hope the game sells really well.

Hey Miir, glad to see you finally read a review that actually mentions details about the game. It's odd that they bothered to say anything about the graphical differences since you're under the impression no one cares. What color is the sky in your world?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Yea one review out of like a dozen that I've read. :roll: And the only real reason they mentioned it is probably because they read the same troll forums that you read.

I guarantee that 99% of the people buying the game really don't give a flying fuck about a couple of graphical differences between the 360 and PS3.

It's hillarious that people like you read videogame sites like neogaf, N4G and Kotaku and think that the average videogame player is well represented by the trolls who post and comment on them.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

So, you are under the belief that the average, day 1 purchasing video game fan doesn't read forums, reviews, or care about graphics. Yeah, I think I've expressed my opinion that you must be retarded to believe that.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

You have a reading comprehension problem
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

No, you do.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

If the average video game consumer cares that much about grahical differences between consoles, why is the Wii selling more consoles than the PS3 and 360 combined? :lol:

You're like Winnow MK II
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

If the average video game player cares so much about graphics, why are so many people playing WOW and not some other, graphically superior MMO (like Age of Conan)?
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Here are an PS3/XBOX comparison video:
http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=27347

Just grabbed it for PC. Pissed as hell, saw it was out, got good review, and are to be found on steam, so headed to Steam to buy it, and got a nice big "FUCK YOU, only sold in north america", so had to head over to demonoid to get it.
Thanks again game industry for forcing me to pirate a game to be able to play it, then complain about piracy.
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I'm only at the Marshmellow Man right now. I'm impressed by the number of unique ghosts and creatures that have been thrown at me in a short amount if time. They'll have to start repeating soon.

As I mentioned above, lots of acheivements too.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I've downloaded it and played through the first part of the game. It's all right but not worth the 60$ they are asking for it imo.

At the most this should've been a 39$ game.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Agreed. 60$ is way too steep for 8ish hours of gameplay. I would not recomend this game at that price to anyone but the hardcore fans (much like the Wolverine game). I plan on lending this to a friend as soon as I beat it so he can save the money.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

AMCHD is playing the first and second movies back to back right now :)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Holy shit, people are getting called retards, arguing back and forth across multiple threads, and I wasn't involved in any of it. How the fuck is that possible?
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I finally beat this. I think it was the perfect length. I was very surprised by the sheer amount of different ghosts. There was very little repetition. Many of the ghosts, you only fight once. The story was enjoyable too. I didn't get all the cursed artifacts or 100% scans of every ghost. If you miss it, you lose, since there is no backtracking at all in the game.

Back to Red Faction now!
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Been trying to play the PC version, but it is SO frigging unstable that its ridiculous. I only got to the part where you fight Stay Pufft the first time, did that fight 3 times now, crashed after that every time.
Some of the crashes bring down the PC, some of them just crash the game, some of them crash the game and complain about graphics drivers and require a reboot for the game to show any graphics again :(
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

Hesten wrote:Been trying to play the PC version, but it is SO frigging unstable that its ridiculous. I only got to the part where you fight Stay Pufft the first time, did that fight 3 times now, crashed after that every time.
Some of the crashes bring down the PC, some of them just crash the game, some of them crash the game and complain about graphics drivers and require a reboot for the game to show any graphics again :(
Complaining about stability of pirated software :)
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Drolgin Steingrinder wrote:
Hesten wrote:Been trying to play the PC version, but it is SO frigging unstable that its ridiculous. I only got to the part where you fight Stay Pufft the first time, did that fight 3 times now, crashed after that every time.
Complaining about stability of pirated software :)

Actually, if you look up a bit, i complain about it being downloadable on Steam, but NOT for us euros :(. Cant buy Ghostbusters in europe yet :(.
But to be honest, as fun as the game seems to be, if review of the PC version when it get here mention stability issues, ill give it a pass :(
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I played the demo, which was basically the library mission, and once I corrected the annoying reversed camera controls (who is that mode made for omg??) it wasn't bad. It didn't really make me want to go play the whole game though. It surely didn't convince me I'd want to spend $60 on it that's for sure. A rental at best especially with everyone saying how quickly it can be completed.

Oh and this was on the 360 where I had ALL the textures.. Not just HALF of them!!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Aslanna wrote: Oh and this was on the 360 where I had ALL the textures.. Not just HALF of them!!

:lol: