Patch!

WoW Discussion
Fenna
Gets Around
Gets Around

Patch!

Post by Fenna »

The big patch finally landed yesterday. I wasn't able to get on last night, due to the server outages, but I'm excited to get my talents updated tonight.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new armor textures. I'm curious about the new water-based mount (perhaps gotten from fishing?). I wonder what the quest tracker feature is like?

Does anyone have any comments about the changes?
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Patch!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I'm guessing that everyone is overwhelmed with the new content and are too busy to post. In my case I'm just not knowledgable enough to speak with any authority. Especially when the game is preventing me from actually trying things out. We got locked in Naxx25 last night and weren't able to do anything.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Yeah, what happened here? Its been a while since the Blizz had a patch roll out beat up servers this bad!
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

This is very much like when Naxx was really starting to get raided by everyone and their mom combined with Wintergrasp madness,and Tues/Weds became pretty much unplayable, at least on my server. I'd say they should have their infrastructure worked out to handle the load by now, but obviously that's asking too much. We 1-shot Flame Leviathan with 95% of the raid never going on PTR. We should have Razorscale and Ignis down by now, but constant zone freezing for 30mins then crashing and bugs like Ignis meleeing his slag pot targets we're still not there. Grumble!
Fenna
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Fenna »

Grumble is right, if this stuff is still going on this weekend. I would think login queues could reduce that, unless more of the general population is raiding dungeons now.
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

Has anyone tried the new VoA boss? I tried him in a 25 man pug last night. Now that was an education.

I tried a 10 man Ulduar pug as well....we didn't even get past xt-002, mainly due to a few a couple of douchbags & a couple of undergeared people. It definitely is no Naxx.

patch 3.1....the killer of Pugs!
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Skogen wrote:Has anyone tried the new VoA boss? I tried him in a 25 man pug last night. Now that was an education.

I tried a 10 man Ulduar pug as well....we didn't even get past xt-002, mainly due to a few a couple of douchbags & a couple of undergeared people. It definitely is no Naxx.

patch 3.1....the killer of Pugs!
Have your leader get the newest version of deadly boss mods, it marks the enraged add with a skull now. Also, he enrages every 45 seconds, so 30-35 seconds into the timer, have your melee move to the adds. There is no enrage timer, so just take it slow, make sure no one is within 10 yards of each other etc. Yeah, it's much harder to pug, but once we did the above things, kills were no problem. Oh, you can't take terrible geared people either, which is kind of shitty since archavon is such a great way to get people gear.
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

Dregor Thule wrote:This is very much like when Naxx was really starting to get raided by everyone and their mom combined with Wintergrasp madness,and Tues/Weds became pretty much unplayable, at least on my server. I'd say they should have their infrastructure worked out to handle the load by now, but obviously that's asking too much. We 1-shot Flame Leviathan with 95% of the raid never going on PTR. We should have Razorscale and Ignis down by now, but constant zone freezing for 30mins then crashing and bugs like Ignis meleeing his slag pot targets we're still not there. Grumble!

Medivh has been awful. Got FL down early Weds and Razor down late Thurs, and between then we couldn't do shit.

And yeah, FL is a fucking joke, as is Razor. Ignis is horribly overtuned, and Decon is pretty rough as well if you get unlucky Grav. Bombs or Light Bombs during Tantrum. Ignis and Decon are both having some of their issues worked out though, so hopefully they'll be smoother fights now.

The 10 mans, while probably not puggable, aren't very challenging as a whole (not unexpected, just a statement). We've gotten up to Vezax as of tonight, and he and Mimiron are both pretty rough. Mimir took us a good hour or two, although he's got a few bugs in phase 4. We'll see how Yogg goes hopefully tomorrow.

We played around with Thorim hardmode on 10 man, and all I have to say is that hardmode is hard.

Overall I'm pleased with the feel and difficulty of Ulduar. I think the 10 man is a bit oddly tuned, with some of the fights being pushovers (Auriaya, Hodir, Thorim, Freya, Council, Kologarn, etc.) compared to some of the fights being legitimately challenging even on their normal modes for pretty balanced, geared, decent groups (Mimiron, Vezax). 25 man seems to really step it up though. We were having some real trouble with Decon enrage timer, although a lot of it had to do with people getting one-shot during Tantrum to gravity bombs and stupid shit. Haven't gone past Decon, but the zone seems really enjoyable on 25 man and I don't foresee it getting boring for any but the highest-tiered guilds for awhile, even on non-hardmode bosses.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Jeez I wish I had the time to raid again. Hell, even getting a group would be a bonus :( .