Cubs & Dodgers

What do you think about the sports world?
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Cubs & Dodgers

Post by Trek »

LA needs to score runs when given the chance to get out of this round. I think LA pitching will be solid and they really need to win game 1 as they will face Zambrano in game 2.

There was much debate weather James Loney could get a clutch hit or not.....I think that slam ended that debate for a long time.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Cubs & Dodgers

Post by Trek »

LA - 7

Ch - 2

LA looked really good and was able to save their pen. Maddux came out and pitched the 9th, he looked good enough for a roll out of the pen. I can only hope LA shows the same power tommorrow night against Zambrano.

GOOO DODGERS!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Maddux deserves another ring.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Maddux deserves another ring.

Ever hear Mark Grace's story about Maddux having to call time out on the mound because he had a woody? Funny story. Maddux calls Grace over from 1st base and tells him to hang out for a little while because he has a hard on and can't pitch.

Grace: "Man, you really do love this game!"
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

ROTFL
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Watched both the games tonight (was a slow night at work).

They were both real good games. Watching the Dodgers/Cubs series is frustrating because I want them both to win.
sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sarlen »

whats with that homo hop that Soriano does when he catches the ball? He does know he looks retarded doing that doesn't he?
sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sarlen »

Winnow wrote:
Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Maddux deserves another ring.

Ever hear Mark Grace's story about Maddux having to call time out on the mound because he had a woody? Funny story. Maddux calls Grace over from 1st base and tells him to hang out for a little while because he has a hard on and can't pitch.

Grace: "Man, you really do love this game!"
Found a link to that story, man thats some funny shit.

http://www.tireball.com/maddux/quotes/story-of-grace/
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

LA - 10

Ch - 3

Another dominating win by a 'farm team' from the division that shouldnt even be allowed in the playoffs because they suck so bad.

Got a tough one in LA against Harden, I think LA can pull it off if they can stay close.

GOOO DODGERS!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

NL West blows.

Wait a sec...didn't they represent the NL last year in the World Series? Wasn't it two NL West teams in the NL Championship game last year?
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

No, that was a different baseball league.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Since you cats only started a thread for 1 of the 4 series of the playoffs (and because the football people will have sandy vaginas if we start another), I'm just going to include all MLB playoff discussion into this thread.

I'm not sure what to think about the TBS coverage. The lead commentator is pretty good, but the 'color' commentator in the BOS-LAA series is horribly biased for the Angels. I don't have my feelings hurt or anything, I just think it's horribly unprofessional sports journalism.

Torii Hunter is a fucking retard, and only has himself to blame for his hurt knee. It's only the 7th and a tight game, so we'll see what happens.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

I only care for 1 of the playoff series :shock:

As a Dodger fan I am very used to the announcers being biased towards the other team, its pretty much a given that most of them hate the Dodgers, so deal with it lol.

I think it will come down to a Bos/Tam series (easy to call with the scores already about finished)

LA will beat the Cubbies, but I think Ch will win this next game with Harden pitching.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

YOUK!

He gets a gold star for getting that 2nd out in the 9th.

I really expected the Cubs to take the series before it began, but now I think they're done unless Pinella can wake em up. (Big respect for both Pinella and Torre)
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

Um, GO PHILS!
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

LA - 3

Ch - 1

LA wins series 3-0

Are you kidding me? The best team in the NL cant even win 1 freaking game from a team from the NL'worst' for the what 2nd year in a row? yeah the west sucks :roll:

I would much rather LA play the Brewers right now, their pitching is going on guts alone right now and probably ready to fall apart. I doubt the Phillies will lose another one but I can hope.

GOOO DODGERS!
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

The Cubs being the Cubs doesn't mean the NLW is any good.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Cubs being the Cubs HAH, why ever waste a postseason spot on them. Its always going to be some excuse when the East or Central lose to the West. I suppose most of you would like to goto a ranking system like college football, we won 100 games by 23 runs we are teh mostest champion!!!212! Dont actually work your way through a post season to win.

If LA manages to beat the mighty Phillies Im sure it will be because of them sucking, not LA doing anything worthy of winning. All of you NL West haters need to come up with some new excuses, the curse thing is kinda played out. Besides even the Redsox won

GOOO DODGERS
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

Then I'm sure you agree the 83 win St Louis Cardinals were the best team in baseball in 2006?
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Well lets see what happened:

made the postseason

beat SD 3-1

beat NYM 4-3

smoked DET 4-1

World Series champions.....

yup I agree
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Also of note that year:

Chris Carpenter's 16 wins tied him for the most in the NL that year

Albert Pujols had another outstanding year, but finished 2nd in MVP to Howrds monster year.

On top of those guys they had some pretty decent guys that year: Eckstien, Rolen, Edmonds, Encarnation....and some decent pitching with Mulder, Sosa, Weaver, Suppan, Rincon, Isringhausen ect.

Its not like they lucked there way to the series, with a CY going to a guy with 16 wins, its not like it was a really outstanding year in the NL, except for maybe the Mets and their 97 wins...but they got beat in the NLCS by some other team in 7 games whos name escapes me or maybe I mentioned earlier.

By that logic there should never be a postseason in any sport, team with the most wins is the champ, end it there.
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

Just because they are the champion does not mean they are the best team. It doesn't work like that in any sport. New England was far and away the best team in the NFL last year. The Mariners were the best team in baseball in 2001. You only have to win 11 games in the baseball post-season to be the champion. You really think that's a more telling sign of how good a team is than the 162 game regular season?

That makes no sense.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Vetiria wrote:Just because they are the champion does not mean they are the best team. It doesn't work like that in any sport.
Exactly! Just look at the Phoenix Suns from 2004-2006. Should be Triple Champions for those years!
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Right, because every teams schedule is the same :roll:

So I ask again, what is the poast season for? If you cant win the championship how can you be the best team that year?

I guess if I was a Cubs fan, I wouldnt want to count anything past the regular season either. I dont know what to tell you, if you stop watching after the regular season I guess you miss some great games.....but those would just be like preseason games with no meaning to you.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I really do hate the baseball playoffs since the wild card. There should be 2 divisions in each league playing a balanced schedule and the winner of each division plays in the LCS. This wildcard era has been garbage.
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

Trek wrote:Right, because every teams schedule is the same :roll:
Never said anything about balance of schedule.
So I ask again, what is the poast season for?
To see which team can win 11 games and get a trophy. The trophy doesn't say they're the best team in baseball. It says they won a 5 game series and two 7 game series.
If you cant win the championship how can you be the best team that year?
Dodgers/Cubs series just showed that.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

If you want the regular season to decide who is the champion then you must have the same schedule for everyone. Having a softer schedule then another team so you get a few more wins does not make you the best team in any sport so they have a post season.

Cool, you have no use for the post season and think it shouldnt exist, yet you watched and your team lost so you are now here complaining that it shouldnt count...ok maybe they can have do-overs until the teams you think should win, do.

Yes, your right the Dodgers/Cubs series showed that the Cubs are not the best team in the NL.

Baseball regular season is over, by all rights you shouldnt have even clicked on this thread
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

Trek wrote:If you want the regular season to decide who is the champion then you must have the same schedule for everyone.
Again, never said that.

Have you read a single thing I've said or are you simply attempting to exaggerate every single point?
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Vetiria wrote:Just because they are the champion does not mean they are the best team. It doesn't work like that in any sport. New England was far and away the best team in the NFL last year. The Mariners were the best team in baseball in 2001. You only have to win 11 games in the baseball post-season to be the champion. You really think that's a more telling sign of how good a team is than the 162 game regular season?

That makes no sense.

You are stating here that regular season success makes you the best team, period. You point out the Patriots because they were undefeated in the regular season...well they have a different schedule then everyone else. You point out the 2001 Mariners...yet again not the same schedule as the other divisions. You go on to elude to the fact that the 162 game standings means more by itself then being the best in your division(in 162 games) with similar schedules and also beating the best of the other divisions(in 11 games) based on their schedules. I am clearly reading what your posting, perhaps you should do the same

Really its pointless continuing this, the Cubs lost to another division and your in morning I get it.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Vetiria wrote:
Trek wrote:If you want the regular season to decide who is the champion then you must have the same schedule for everyone.
Again, never said that.

Have you read a single thing I've said or are you simply attempting to exaggerate every single point?

So what are you saying when you say the best team is the one that loses in the playoffs but won the most regular season games? What exactly am I exaggerating?
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Fucking christ, any Philly fans wanna actually talk about baseball?
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

I was going to talk about the upcoming CS serieses, but this thread has pretty much killed all desire to do so.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

It has been like watching Winnow argue with himself...
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Both series are going to be very interesting.
Bos and TB have seen so much of each other this year, and both seem ooc in the post season. I expect this series to go the distance and I'm going with Bos.
LAD and Phi will be the opposite I think. I think the Dodgers are on a tear and will keep the momentum. Call me crazy (i am!) but i'm going with the Dodgers in 4.

I'm sure i'll be horribly wrong on both, but it's been an exciting post season so far, and I think it's going to continue to be absofuckinglutely nuts.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

I dont see LA winning game 1, Lowe has pitched pretty awesome the last few months and has to give up one sometime. I think this series will go 6-7, I see it going either way but of course going with LA.

I would absolutely hate it if Boston wins, but damned if I would'nt rather LA play them then those pesky Rays, they can be really good. I think the Rays pitching and timely hitting will put them over the top in 5.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

LA lost about as expected. Lowe gave up 2 HR in 1 inning after not allowing a HR in who knows how long. Game 2 is critical for LA, C-Bills has to have a great game and LA must win this one. Hamals is the game that worried me and I hoped the Dodgers could take that game from him. Now the best pitching staff in the NL has to step up, I think LA has to win the next 2 or they will fall apart.
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

I still think Phils in 6. That may be biased tho!
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I hate the Dodgers way less than I hate the phillies.

*shrug*
en kærlighed småkager
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

My prediction is the Tampa-Boston series goes to 7, then on Sunday, Oct. 19th at 8 pm there will be a nationally televised football game AND baseball game from Tampa Bay. :)
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

It is nice to see that the Dodgers didn't lay down to the Phils the other week just to spite the Mets. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Not looking good for LA, they really needed to win today. Torre's continued juggling of the lineup is annoying, but I doubt that will stop. Dodgers looked defeated for most of the game, I hope they snap out of it.
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

100 years for the cubs 100 years for the cubs... ohh the cubs lose..

Manny going back to Boston, Manny going back to Boston... ut oh

The media is really hating this
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Huge win for LA, they couldnt afford to go down 0-3. Still a long way to go but they took a good first step.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

LA lost the game they should have won, they looked pretty defeated after Stairs hit the pinch hit HR. I hope they can rebound and run the table, but with the pitching struggling I doubt it can happen.

GOOOOO DODGERS!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I think the Dodgers and the Cubs, I think that series is over.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Spang wrote:I think the Dodgers and the Cubs, I think that series is over.

Im not exactly sure what kind of sentance that is
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

channeling Yoda ftw
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Not a very good game for LA from the start, hats off to Philly they kicked some butt.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

LA apparently is still Hatorade-ing on the Mets. Nice job asshats. Make sure to mouthfuck Kirk Gibson on yer way out.
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

It almost makes me feel good inside to know the Braves rolled over and let the Phillies spank them 13 times this year while taking 10 from the Mets. It is almsot like we had a hand in giving the phillies the NL East!