Olympics

What do you think about the sports world?
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Olympics

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Anyone else watching this year?

I'm not insane about them by any means, but since it's broadcast in HD, I'm enjoying the sights more than anything so far. I look forward to many of the different events just to see them in HD, especially swimming.

China is taking the opportunity to show the world what a powerhouse they really are. I watched the opening ceremony last night and was pretty impressed.

Watching all those legions of countries walk around the arena is thier chosen garb was pretty cool. It really affirms the sense of your place in the world. Btw, the American clothing choice was ugly. When the Iraq team came out on the field, they received a pretty big round of applause. I did notice they didn't mention the population of the country though, like they did with 99% of the others.

The stress of an olympic Chinese athlete is the stuff of legend. I'm sure this year it's worse than ever. I'm watching several countries, but I'm keeping a special eye on the Chinese, USSR, North Korea, and some of the smaller nations like Myanmar.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Re: Olympics

Post by Boogahz »

Fairweather Pure wrote:...I'm keeping a special eye on the Chinese, USSR, North Korea, and some of the smaller nations like Myanmar.
When does the USSR compete?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

USSR? Timewarp!

I'm watching the bicycling endurance race. That shit looks fucking nuts. They ride so close together, cars and people in your way, when they hit drink spots, bottles go flying which people behind have to run over or avoid.

I'm surprised there aren't more crashes.

That cooling shower the bikers could ride through was kinda neat.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Our HD was screwed up last night (cablecard problems on the HD Tivo >< ), so we had to watch the regular definition version of the opening ceremony. That was a very impressive display the Chinese put on yesterday. I wish I had been able to watch it in HD. As for the events, I pretty much don't care about watching them. I know the medal counts and the results long before NBC gets around to broadcasting them, and knowing the outcome pretty much takes away any interest I have in watching.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

You missed out for sure! It was awesome in HD. I loved the giant, roll out LCD. It looked 3D when people were standing on top of it. Quite surreal. China has waited a long time for this day, and national pride seemed to permeate from everywhere at once. They get a hats off from me. I can see them overcoming the US as the #1 superpower within the next 50 years, so I hope we can remain on somewhat friendly terms :)
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Not into the communism of China, but the nationalism and patriotism was inspiring when all the Chinese sang their national anthem before the basketball. That's something America has been losing a grip on over the past decade or so.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I miss having pride in America too. I don't mean that as a dig, or to get a huge off topic conversation going, but my patriotism has taken a hit in the last 6ish years. Seeing all those American athletes was very inspiring, and was a good reminder that the citizens of most of those countries, not just the US, are not very representative of thier governments. They're all just people. I do think that is a pretty sad commentary on governments in general :P

Go USA!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Anyone else see the men's 4 x 100 freestyle? That was awesome!
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

That relay was fucking nuts. I'm so glad the Americans shut the French the fuck up with that victory. Watching the French anchor cry was very pleasing.
Fuck Michigan!
Chmee
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Chmee »

That relay was insane, particularly the guy who was the anchor for the U.S. Really amazing job catching and passing the French swimmer at the very end. Also pretty amazing that it looked like 4 or 5 of the teams were ahead of world record time (btw the world record line they project on the pool for the broadcast is pretty spiffy).

ETA: As far as the Olympics in general, I actually haven't watched much the last couple times but I have watched quite a bit this weekend and have been really enjoying it.
No nation was ever ruined by trade.

– Benjamin Franklin
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

That kick the anchor put in to win that relay was fucking great.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

I am really enjoying this year's olympics. I have six channels of high def stuff going on most of the time. This morning I was watching Brazil vs Nigeria as well as US vs new zealand in women's soccer, US and Japan in field hockey, two guys playing badminton like nobody's business, and a couple of guys kayaking down a man-made slolom-like arrangement.
My daughter started running around laughing after I jumped up and cheered when the US men's soccer team went up 2-1 on Sunday. Shame they ended up w/ only a tie but they are still in a good place to advance to the quarter-finals.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Patriotism has a place in any world class sport, to a degree, but can we please avoid acting like circlejerk "FUCK YEAH" idiots for the Olympics, just this once, especially when the Olympics are obviously more about individual rather than national achievement.

The Olympics are fantastic, for many sports the absolute pinnacle of achievement. Everyone who's even good enough to be in the Olympics should be proud. No matter where they are from.

The Olympics are the absolute acid test for many of the sports like Fencing, archery, diving, as well as the track and field stuff (+others ofc). For some others, like Tennis or Football, they are not the absolute pinnacle of the sport. The number of tennis players who either didn't attend or dropped out early because of the upcoming US open is proof of that fact. Amateur boxing is another example.

Still, for most of the other events the next two weeks are the most important time for the competing athletes in the last or next 4 years. I'm sad to see such a fantastic event being held in a place like China, as it somewhat overshadows the true sporting importance of the event.

I'm really looking forward to the 100 final 8)
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Nick, do you try hard to suck the fun out of parties too? ;)

THE OLYMPICS ARE ABOUT ONE-UPSMANSHIP AND PATRIOTIC "FUCK YEAHS". Get over it already
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Oh, I see. We are not supposed to cheer for our own country.... :roll:
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Jesus fucking christ, someone ban him already.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

jesus, just put on ignore, banning is for faggots.

On another note, here is yet another cute little tidbit from China. 1.3 billion people, and they can't get the perfect voice/look fit?
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijin ... oly,100162
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

When it comes to him, that isn't good enough.

I'm not surprised about the singer thing, we (my girlfriend and I) were having a conversation sometime in the past few days about how there is no way in hell the chinese gymnasts are all 16.. Kinda pathetic how far they have been willing to go to make themselves look good.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Nick is right.

I apologize for cheering for my country exclusively.

I will now cheer for every country equally.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I wonder how many anorexics are in China.

That said, I am totally down with Chinese chicks. ;)
en kærlighed småkager
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Ban him? Haha funk, keep trying. It's not bannable to ask for an Olympics thread (THE fucking OLYMPICS thread) to turn into a fucking america fuck yeah! fest for fat losers. Just as it isn't my intention to turn it into a fuck america fest.

But obviously this would be lost on an idiot. Like you. "Ban him for being unamerican!. You dumbass little fascist.

The gymnastics today was pretty awesome. The things those guys can do is absolutely unreal.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Someday you'll figure out that negativity breeds negativity. You bring much of this upon yourself with your shitty attitude.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Nick wrote:Ban him? Haha funk, keep trying. It's not bannable to ask for an Olympics thread (THE fucking OLYMPICS thread) to turn into a fucking america fuck yeah! fest for fat losers. Just as it isn't my intention to turn it into a fuck america fest.

But obviously this would be lost on an idiot. Like you. "Ban him for being unamerican!. You dumbass little fascist.

The gymnastics today was pretty awesome. The things those guys can do is absolutely unreal.
It has nothing to do with making it a anything fest dude, it has to do with you coming into every thread and shitting on everyone's fun. This was a perfectly fine thread discussing the games and you have to come in and make it into your usual "fucking americans" bullshit, it's unnecessary, unwelcome, and really, really old.

Cheering for your country's athletes is what the olympics are about... For the athletes involved it is more about individual achievement, but unless you are a fan/friend/family of a athlete that is competing in the olympics, you are probably just watching how your country does in general.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Is it just me, or are all the female gymnasts on the U.S. team really hot these Olympics?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'd cheer for Nick if he managed to qualify for the special olympics.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

I don't understand why we aren't allowed to think "hell yeah" when our country does well. Why can't we have a "America Rocks" thread. Every other thread you are in you tell us how bad we suck, so why is it so hard to let us have ONE thread on this site where you don't have to remind us why you and all of Europe hate us. I guess if your country did not win any medals it would make it hard to get excited about this sport.

Nick does make several good points. I think some sports events lost the "luster" when professionals were involved. In the case of tennis, even if you win the Gold for the US, you would make 20K - 50K for the medal. I am not sure what the breakdown is, but you could probably make that by winning one round in the US Open. I know the US basketball team is taking this Olympics seriously, but that is only because they stopped caring for a while and got embarrassed.

I would never want Nick or anyone banned and I don't even put anyone on ignore. I find most of Nick's rants amusing in a pathetic kind of way.

Edit - Spang, the US team has hot girls in a number of sports. WE ROCK the hotness factor as well as the Olympic medal count.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Tyek wrote:Edit - Spang, the US team has hot girls in a number of sports. WE ROCK the hotness factor as well as the Olympic medal count.
Rocking it? Yeah if you like to rock second and third place lolz! Go China whoooooo!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Alicia Sacramone looked hot even during her meltdown in team women's gymastics for the U.S.

PS: no way that little Chinese girl is 16. Disqualification!
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Chidoro wrote:My daughter started running around laughing after I jumped up and cheered when the US men's soccer team went up 2-1 on Sunday. Shame they ended up w/ only a tie but they are still in a good place to advance to the quarter-finals.
bahh, the game w/ nigeria really ticked me off. US really worked their asses off but being down a man 4 minutes in is tough to overcome. They beat the team they weren't predicted to beat, tied and lost to the teams they should have beaten. Very disappointing day.
It was also very odd seeing the beach volleyball match between Russia and Georgia. I didn't have the time to see who won but the circumstances outside of the competition made it intriguing.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Add another gold for the U.S:
Chinese news service reported that gold medal gymnast was 13

BEIJING (AP) -- Just nine months before the Beijing Olympics, the Chinese government's news agency, Xinhua, reported that gymnast He Kexin was 13, which would have made her ineligible to be on the team that won a gold medal this week.

In its report Nov. 3, Xinhua identified He as one of "10 big new stars" who made a splash at China's Cities Games. It gave her age as 13 and reported that she beat Yang Yilin on the uneven bars at those games. In the final, "this little girl" pulled off a difficult release move on the bars known as the Li Na, named for another Chinese gymnast, Xinhua said in the report, which appeared on one of its Web sites, http://www.hb.xinhuanet.com

The Associated Press found the Xinhua report on the site Thursday morning and saved a copy of the page. Later that afternoon, the Web site was still working but the page was no longer accessible. Sports editors at the state-run news agency would not comment for publication.

If the age reported by Xinhua was correct, that would have meant He was too young to be on the Chinese team that beat the United States on Wednesday and clinched China's first women's team Olympic gold in gymnastics. He is also a favorite for gold in Monday's uneven bars final.

Yang was also on Wednesday's winning team. Questions have also been raised about her age and that of a third team member, Jiang Yuyuan.

Gymnasts have to be 16 during the Olympic year to be eligible for the games. He's birthday is listed as Jan. 1, 1992.

Chinese authorities insist that all three are old enough to compete. He herself told reporters after Wednesday's final that "my real age is 16. I don't pay any attention to what everyone says."

Zhang Hongliang, an official with China's gymnastics delegation at the games, said Thursday the differing ages which have appeared in Chinese media reports had not been checked in advance with the gymnastics federation.

"It's definitely a mistake," Zhang said of the Xinhua report, speaking in a telephone interview. "Never has any media outlet called me to check the athletes' ages."

Asked whether the federation had changed their ages to make them eligible, Zhang said: "We are a sports department. How would we have the ability to do that?"

"We already explained this very clearly. There's no need to discuss this thing again."

The International Gymnastics Federation (FIG) has said repeatedly that a passport is the "accepted proof of a gymnast's eligibility," and that He and China's other gymnasts have presented ones that show they are age eligible. The IOC also checked the girls' passports and deemed them valid.

A May 23 story in the China Daily newspaper, the official English-language paper of the Chinese government, said He was 14. The story was later corrected to list her as 16.

"This is not a USAG issue," said Steve Penny, president of USA Gymnastics. "The FIG and the IOC are the proper bodies to handle this."

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

AP-NY-08-14-08 0854EDT
The U.S. must contend against cheaters in international competition. Thankfully all of our afros-americans will bring our Gold Medal totals up. We even hijacked some guy from Sudan or somewhere to run the distance events.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

borderline racism mixed with patriotism = " a guy worth respecting "
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Nick wrote:borderline racism mixed with patriotism = " a guy worth respecting "

It's true. How is it racism? Did Winnow say he hates those fast little monkeys? I don't believe I saw that anywhere.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Unfortunately Midnyte, back on Planet Earth, racial stereotyping does not begin and end with the word "monkeys". I know it's impossible for you to discuss anything like an adult so I'll leave it at that and let you spoil everyone elses reading pleasure for the rest of the thread.

Back on topic, away from the idiots, mainly I'm looking forward to the more exciting upcoming track and field events. The swimming, diving, etc just doesn't do it for me. The gymnastics was pretty cool though. Heptathalon starting today? Or maybe it started yesterday.

Same goes for sailing, baseball (no, that's not a dig at America, I actually quite enjoy watching the odd game of Baseball, I just don't think it should be an Olympic sport, just like I don't think Handball should be an Olympic sport.

I think the 100m is going to be the most exciting event, but then again I guess everyone probably thinks that. But it's the olympics, so no doubt there'll be a load of exciting moments in sports most of us never even give the time of day to.

Still, the 100m will be amazing, we have a number of truly "best of all time" contenders ready for this year.

I also quite like the long jump/triple jump/200m, javelin and relays. So roll on next week :O

The time difference is starting to annoy me, I end up sitting up at stupid hours of the early morning just to watch random chinese people I've never seen partake in sports I never watch. Still, good fun :P

As for the tennis, which is good anyway but not really as meaningful as say, the upcoming US open, Blake was outstanding today to beat Federer, a man clearly on the wane at this point. Nadal still seems virtually unstoppable (apart from the Cincinatti tournament the other week) - From the perspective of tennis its interesting seeing the players attitudes towards the Olympics. Blake obviously wants to win it for the US and it means a lot to him, despite him not being in the "top tier" of Nadal/Federer/Djokovic.

With Nadal and Djokovic looking as hungry as they do in any other tournament, if Blake can pull it off it will be truly heroic (well, as heroic as a 3 set tournament can be)
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Also, that guy Phelps is a fucking awesome athlete :shock:
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others ... y-fit.html

This is a bit mental... Anyone know anything more about this?
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

All I heard was that he was upset about the match semifinal match he lost. Apparently he felt he was cheated out of it and quit. He had some friends convince him to go for the Bronze at the last minute, then when he got on the stand and saw the guy he felt he beat standing there with the Gold, he got upset and left his medal on the mat in protest.

They said he threw quite a tantrum in his loss and was in the judges faces, he also threw off an official from his country that was holding him back.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Women's Individual All Around Gymnastics Competition was awesome.

Nastia Liukin totally deserved the gold but Shawn Johnson was robbed a bit on the uneven bars and balance beam. Even if she wasn't a bit robbed, Nastia would have still won IMO.

I'm not getting a lot done these past few days. Can't stop watching Olympics once I tun them on.

Where is China getting their gold medals? Obscure squat thrusting competitions or something?

All the swimming events were a good show as well tonight.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

It was pretty funny watching Bolt just sort of jogging casually and looking round him yet still running the 100 in less than ten seconds. :lol:
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

I'm just hoping Canada will get a few medals with rowing.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

So, how large will the outcry be that Phelps won? It was clear that Phelps lost, but Cavic did miss the rather large sensor.
Fuck Michigan!
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

I don't think it was clear that Phelps lost. It was pretty much far to close to call. I haven't seen any super super super slow mo replays, only a basic slow mo one. You can see Cavic easily about to touch the wall, yet, Phelps line in with his arms just cut through the water so much quicker.

It was really too close to call. And giving it to Phelps is perhaps questionable. However, they were pretty much absolutely the same. A hundredth of a second is a bullshit time to win the gold medal in a swimming competition. Presumably. I'm not an expert in swimming.

Still, I think Cavic won, until maybe 1 inch before the end. Then it was pot luck. And Phelps came out trumps.

Truly thrilling :D
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Nick wrote: It was really too close to call. And giving it to Phelps is perhaps questionable. However, they were pretty much absolutely the same. A hundredth of a second is a bullshit time to win the gold medal in a swimming competition. Presumably. I'm not an expert in swimming.

Why is giving the Gold to Phelps questionable? He won the race. You explained why he won yourself before your anti Americanism kicked in. He lunged at the wall at high speed while the other dude was gliding so while viewing without the benefit of slow mo, it looks like the other guy would win, it's not so. Slow motion tells another story.

1/100th of a second. Pure awesome. Why doubt the greatness he's displayed the entire games? Do you honestly think someone rigged the device by 1/100th of a second in Phelps' favor and thought Phelps would be in a race that close?

Here you go jackass:
The Serbian delegation filed a protest, but conceded that Phelps won after reviewing the tape provided by FINA, swimming's governing body. USA Swimming spokeswoman Jamie Olson said the tape was slowed to one frame every 10-thousandth of a second to make sure Phelps actually touched first.

FINA referee Ben Ekumbo of Kenya said there was no doubt who won after a review of the super-slow replay.

"It was very clear that the Serbian swimmer touched second after Michael Phelps," he said. "One was stroking and one was gliding."
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Zamtuk wrote:So, how large will the outcry be that Phelps won? It was clear that Phelps lost, but Cavic did miss the rather large sensor.
Wasn't clear to me at all. Throughout the race he was second but it's the finish that counts.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Winnow wrote:patriotic nonsense
Get the fuck over yourself and your embarrassing horniness for the country where your parents fucked and you by random chance spewed out. My post was pretty clear. It's really a very close call. Unbelievably close. Phelps appears to have won. Either man could have won and it would be questionable. This was an awesome race. Truly awesome. I haven't seen the ultra slow replays yet, As i already said.

I'm happy to see whoever win the medal.

Phelps is an astounding competitor, case closed. We really don't need an asshole like you shitting yourself hysteritcally with red white and blue pride everytime a guy 3 thousand miles away on the internet doesn't worship the empire you were randomly born into because of the placement of your dads semen. You used to be ok, now you're just an asshole. It's a shame. And frankly, you can get fucked.

Anyway.

Grats Phelps, he is a fantastic athlete. Truly superb. Cavic is also awesome.

I don't even know these athletes, yet every day right now we get to see unbelievable human feats of achievement, regardless of nationality. A great time.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Don't care.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Nick wrote:
Winnow wrote:patriotic nonsense
Get the fuck over yourself and your embarrassing horniness for the country where your parents fucked and you by random chance spewed out. My post was pretty clear. It's really a very close call. Unbelievably close. Phelps appears to have won. Either man could have won and it would be questionable. This was an awesome race. Truly awesome. I haven't seen the ultra slow replays yet, As i already said.

I'm happy to see whoever win the medal.

Phelps is an astounding competitor, case closed. We really don't need an asshole like you shitting yourself hysteritcally with red white and blue pride everytime a guy 3 thousand miles away on the internet doesn't worship the empire you were randomly born into because of the placement of your dads semen. You used to be ok, now you're just an asshole. It's a shame. And frankly, you can get fucked.

Anyway.

Grats Phelps, he is a fantastic athlete. Truly superb. Cavic is also awesome.

I don't even know these athletes, yet every day right now we get to see unbelievable human feats of achievement, regardless of nationality. A great time.
Are you proud of any family, regional or country traditions? Nothing was passed down the family to you? History and traditional really mean zilch to you? I'm sorry for you. Maybe that explains some of the massive amount of hate you have inside you.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Nick wrote:for the country where your parents fucked and you by random chance spewed out.
That would be Germany idiot and I had a choice between German and American citizenship that I didn't make until I was 16. I also lived in Germany, Switzerland and Italy a combined eight years so I'm not some redneck that hasn't been out of my own state.

Unlike the rampant inbreeding that takes place in your country, the United States isn't called the "melting pot" for the hell of it. We take all kinds and then mix up a winning stew that puts a beat down on the rest of the world.

If Phelps wasn't American, I'd still be awed by his accomplishments. Mark Spitz is American and I think he's kind of a tool.

Here's how Euros treat the Olympics:
Sweden's greco-roman wrestler Ara Abrahamian was stripped of his 84kg-category bronze medal after he dropped it in disgust to protest a refereeing decision. Olympic organizers also threw him out of the Games for his medal ceremony protest.
And I wouldn't compare winning the Gold in ping pong to a country's economic clout.
China came second to the United States in the medal table in Athens and would dearly like to win this year to showcase a sporting superpower status to mirror a growing economic clout.
Other countries use the Olympics as a political tool. (even Hitler did that). Russia, China...they have 13 year old kids faking their age, Germany had a man posing as a women in the olympics, and the Soviet Union used to dope up their women so much they looked like men. I'd say the U.S. treats the Olympics much more sanely and allows it to be a platform to enjoy the spirit of the Olympics, showcasing the worlds ability to come together peacefully to compete for a few weeks every four years.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Michael Phelps is kind of a big deal.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Man, the swimming events today were intense. It's been an outstanding Olympics so far.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I would lick the chalk off the bodies of our entire women's gymnastics team, in 40 out of 50 states!

Mrs. Phelps clearly had the dolphinsex about 24 years ago, because that boy ain't human.

That Hungarian guy's elbow blowing out at full extension was fucking gruesome!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt