Staying too long in a hot tub?

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Staying too long in a hot tub?

Post by Fash »

I've read that you're not supposed to stay in a hot tub for longer than 20 minutes, but that really sounds like unsubstantiated bullshit to me... It's becoming a pretty regular occurrence for this hot girl and I to be in the hot tub as long as 2+ hours, with maybe a few minute breaks to change music or sitting on the side. The hot tub is at 101 degrees... Other than being jealous, do you know something I don't that should make me think twice about this very enjoyable activity?

p.s. I'm aware of the possibility of lowered fertility from the heat... to that i say: yes!
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
VariaVespasa
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Re: Staying too long in a hot tub?

Post by VariaVespasa »

Its just an issue of not overheating yourself is all. If the temperature is low enough or enough of you stays above water its not a major problem, just keep aware of possible heat exhaustion issues.
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

Heat tries to make it'self equal to it's surroundings. Simply put, if the water is 101, eventually your body will be 101. The larger the body of water you are in, the quicker you will reach that core temperature. Granted, 101 is not a dangerous temp, but if the water was at 108 or greater, bad things would happen to your system.
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Anyone else ever breath the bubbles coming out of the seats in a jacuzzi? It's good for a stupid party trick, staying underwater for 10 minutes or so. It's safe as long as the air supply near your pool/jacuzzi equipment is fresh.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'm predicting some stupid comment about you doing that and something being wrong with you because of it within 5 posts of this one.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Winnow wrote:Anyone else ever breath the bubbles coming out of the seats in a jacuzzi? It's good for a stupid party trick, staying underwater for 10 minutes or so. It's safe as long as the air supply near your pool/jacuzzi equipment is fresh.
might have to try that... sounds questionable, though!
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fash wrote:
Winnow wrote:Anyone else ever breath the bubbles coming out of the seats in a jacuzzi? It's good for a stupid party trick, staying underwater for 10 minutes or so. It's safe as long as the air supply near your pool/jacuzzi equipment is fresh.
might have to try that... sounds questionable, though!
If there's someone standing near the hot tub, go underwater and have the girl with you start moaning. When you don't come up for air after 5-10 minutes, they'll think you're the king of the tongue tornado! Alternatively, have her go down. Better yet, actually get a BJ with her breathing the bubbles so she doesn't have to come up for air.

-scuba steve
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

The only thing I heard regarding hot tubs is that pregnant women shouldn't be in it at all.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

I think you're fine... just beware of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6iUbY2E39U

:shock:
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Waran
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Waran

Post by Waran »

I used to sell Marquis Spas and the main thing they wanted us to stress was that if you have a history of high blood pressure or heart issues, you should monitor yourself to be sure you aren't overdoing it. Morqrym is exactly right about the tub and your temperature becoming aligned. If you become light headed, dizzy, etc get out.

An other added benefit is if you drink while sitting in the tub you will definitely get drunk faster. The alcohol gets to your blood stream faster than when you're at your regular core temp ;)

As far as breathing the air coming out of the air jets, that's something that I would definitely stay away from if it were me. That just sounds like respiratory problems coming to bite you in the ass later in life. Regardless, I could talk about the benefits of hydrotherapy water jets over air type jets till I'm blue in the face for anyone that wishes to PM me about it and wants to know more.

But what the hell, I guess if you're a smoker or smoke something else, a little air motor exhaust for the spa jets isn't going to hurt you anymore than that will :P
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Waran wrote: But what the hell, I guess if you're a smoker or smoke something else, a little air motor exhaust for the spa jets isn't going to hurt you anymore than that will :P
What would be in the exhaust of an electric motor?
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Waran wrote: As far as breathing the air coming out of the air jets, that's something that I would definitely stay away from if it were me. That just sounds like respiratory problems coming to bite you in the ass later in life. Regardless, I could talk about the benefits of hydrotherapy water jets over air type jets till I'm blue in the face for anyone that wishes to PM me about it and wants to know more.

Assuming the air is healthy, it wouldn't make any difference to you in terms of longevity or respiratory problems.

The idea of breathing bubbles of air that are underwater is a common trick in scuba diving if you find yourself in an emergency.

All the same, I can't imagine Jacuzzi's process air/oxygen to a particularly safe level :?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Nick wrote:
All the same, I can't imagine Jacuzzi's process air/oxygen to a particularly safe level :?
It's sucking in the air a few feet from where you are. It's not hooked up to your car's exhaust pipe or anything. Nothing needs to be processed.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Damnit, Xyun, that's disgusting.
VariaVespasa
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by VariaVespasa »

Kaldaur wrote:Damnit, Xyun, that's disgusting.
The new tubgirl in training? :P
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

VariaVespasa wrote:
Kaldaur wrote:Damnit, Xyun, that's disgusting.
The new tubgirl in training? :P
Lol, dont do that, i almost spewed water on my monitor. But shell need to gain 100 pounds, and do it willfully :)
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"