2 Moons

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Al
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

2 Moons

Post by Al »

I've been playing this the past couple of days, and it doesn't seem bad (except getting PKed 45 times a night by people twice your level). It's still in beta, and I don't know how long this will be going, but you can sign up at http://2moons.acclaim.com/

It seems to be a multi-crossbreed with Diablo2, Runescape and Fallen Sword. I've been told the UI is ripped straight from WoW, but I've never played that one, so I don't know. I do know that many things are ripped straight from the games I mentioned, so it wouldn't surprise me. The biggest problem is some things are poorly translated from JPN. For instance, the help text for the chat box will say something like this: Talk- Method: [enter][what you want to say], when they only need to say "hit enter to talk". They use too many words and it makes it confusing.

For the record, in case someone decides to play, the chat commands are as follows:
;=party chat
"=whisper
#=guildchat
'=guildwhisper/cross server whisper (it's a cross server whisper that I believe only works for those in your guild)
!=shout

edit: forgot the best part. As far as I can tell, it will be free when it goes live.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: 2 Moons

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Show us some of your personal screenies Al!
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

What server are you on? Tried it today, with a hunter, seems ok, although i missed the Taskmaster or whatever it was, so only found the skills and beginner quests at level 7 :)

Seems like a decent Diablo clone, could be fun to play till Hellgate London comes out :)
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Al
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Al »

There are 2 server groups, Trieste (Sp?) and Abbadon (Sp?). When you create a character it becomes locked to the server group you created it on, but it can be played on any server in that group. I play on the Trieste group, normally on the Hosea server, though I set up my shop on other servers some days. The shop set up is similar to the Bazaar in EQ. You can set your shop up, and as long as you're online, you're selling.

As for screenshots, well, I don't know how to take those yet hehe. I'll try to figure it out tonight or tomorrow and I'll post some. For a free game the graphics are remarkable, and I've yet to have it bog down.
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Ok, made a Hunter on the Trieste server. Hesten is the name :)
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Ok, got to level 11, and seems ok, some stupid boss in a newbie instance killed me before i could get the game to use a healt potion :(.
Not sure im gonna keep playing before it get out of beta, a lot of work to put on a char that will get deleted after beta is over.

Oh, and fishing is borderline retarded, spend 45 min trying to catch 5 fish for some guys quest, got 3 of them, and 4 pieces of random jewelry.