your favorite michelob

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

which is your favorite michelob?

amber bock
13%
bavarian wheat
2%
lager
4%
light
7%
ultra
2%
ultra amber
No votes
no michelob 4 me prz
71%

Total votes: 45

Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

your favorite michelob

Post by Leonaerd »

I brought a 12-pack of Amber Bock to a party yesterday and it inspired some heated discussion. Amber Bock's my favorite Michelob (and favorite beer, period), but I'll enjoy an ultra or even a light once in a while.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Re: your favorite michelob

Post by Canelek »

Either you are a college student or Michigan is horribly deprived of beer.
en kærlighed småkager
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Sorry, but this is like asking "what's your favorite flavor of turd?"
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Clatis
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Clatis »

wait, michelob? it's a "decent" low priced beer, but I'd pass up a 6 pack of it for a 12 pack of busch light. if you're going to go with an amber or pale ale, there are many other beers to drink that have flavor.
Clatis Shizam/Fogdog Deeznutz -rocking no longer

When I leave come togetha like butt cheeks
Seebs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Seebs »

I drank MIchelob Dark when I was in college - why no Michelob Dark>

This poll is Soooooo flawed.
Seeber
looking for a WOW server
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Seebs wrote:This poll is Soooooo flawed.
In more ways than one.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

I would not buy this garbage unless it was the only thing left in the refer. That being said, I would prefer the Amber Bock over the rest. Yuengling all the way!
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Amber Bock got my vote. I drink a lot of it. I'm a deprived alcoholic.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

i voted without looking at the question... my vote was for yuengling lager, not michelob lager... wtf.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Yeah amber bock definately. But I'll have to agree with Morg and say skip this shit and go for yuengling.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

I'm surprised. But not very.
Canoe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Canoe »

I'm no beer snot by any stretch (I drink a lot of miller lite and coors light), but I can't stand michelob. Specially the ultra, you can barely taste the beer in those things, tastes like water to me.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I don't get why people are snobby about beer, it annoys even more than people that play the guitar and can't shut their fucking mouth about Guitar Hero.

Not everyone likes strong powered beer. I will drink a small handful of beers because I will not drink anything dark, or even remotely bitter, amongst other things. Mich golden light isn't bad, not my favorite but it's not bad.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:I don't get why people are snobby about beer, it annoys even more than people that play the guitar and can't shut their fucking mouth about Guitar Hero.
Other than a lot of people voting against it what's to say they are being snobby about it? Maybe they just don't fucking like it.

--
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

I think the point Funk's making (or should be, at least) is that people in real life have different tastes (especially when it comes to beer) than their online counterparts. Typically people act hardassed on online forums, but when it comes down to it they buy Bud Light just like everyone else. Does this go for everybody? No, and while I'm sure most people on this forum are honest, there's no way that in real life all of the people that picked the "no michelob 4 me" option would actually turn down a Michelob handed to them.

If someone put up a Busch Lite vs. Bud Light poll, and had the third option say something like "fuck light beer" or "I don't drink light beer," I'd wager a few VVs that more than half of the pollsters would pick the third option, despite the fact that they'd likely not turn down either if offered one at a party. I relate this type of behavior to the same type that causes people to trash talk. In this forum especially there are so many heated words exchanged over topics that would be very easy to talk about on a human to human level. The problem is that all we have online is text, and it's difficult to convey one's exact stance without body language, volume, facial expression, and so on. To make up for the lack of these conversation buffers, people are forced to either using emoticons, larger text, or just slander in general (etc). Flame wars don't exist IRL for a reason, and that's because we have the proper tools to not need them.

To relate to my point, it's different to see this poll on a web forum than to actually be discussing the exact same topic person-to-person in real life, so the results are probably different than if someone handed you an Amber Bock and asked you if you liked it.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:I don't get why people are snobby about beer, it annoys even more than people that play the guitar and can't shut their fucking mouth about Guitar Hero.
Other than a lot of people voting against it what's to say they are being snobby about it? Maybe they just don't fucking like it.
These are both examples of people being snobby, you are wrong, I am right - let's move on please:
It's fucking beer, some people don't like it, some only like the real lite stuff. But if you don't like it, no one cares - say you don't like it, and spare the people that do your stupid fucking comments.

Sorry but I'm sick as hell and crabby, and that kind of shit gets on my nerves.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Aslanna wrote:
These are both examples of people being snobby, you are wrong, I am right - let's move on please:
It's fucking beer, some people don't like it, some only like the real lite stuff. But if you don't like it, no one cares - say you don't like it, and spare the people that do your stupid fucking comments.

Oh yeah.. Two whole comments.. Damn those snobs! What's so snobby about comparing it to turds? Perhaps they feel Michelob tastes like shit. Again.. Not snobbish but a matter of taste. If you don't like reading stupid comments too fucking bad. Now you know how we feel reading your posts.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

It's beer. Drink it. (except anything from Miller!)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:
Aslanna wrote:

Oh yeah.. Two whole comments.. Damn those snobs! What's so snobby about comparing it to turds? Perhaps they feel Michelob tastes like shit. Again.. Not snobbish but a matter of taste. If you don't like reading stupid comments too fucking bad. Now you know how we feel reading your posts.

Oh yeah, cause I am on par with stupid, pointless fucking comments like that all the time. We all know if that was the case, I would have been banned by now moron, please shut up.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

I said what I said because it's Michelob and it tastes like shit, IMO. I'm not snobby about what other people drink - if you enjoy drinking Keystone Light, go for it. When it comes to what I drink, though, I guess you can call me snobby. I only drink beers I like. Currently in my refrigerator, you'll find the remains of several six packs including a few Anchor Steams, a few Modelo Especial, a few Newcastle Brown Ales and a Red Stripe or two plus a few Italian brews that Nneena bought a while back. I don't drink much anymore, so a six pack lasts for a few weeks around here. When it comes to beer, I've always been a quality over quantity kind of guy. When I wanted to get drunk, I'd go for liquor.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

Xatrei wrote: Currently in my refrigerator, you'll find a Red Stripe
Now that's a disgusting ass beer!

I drink Yuengling and it's by far a "classy" beer. In fact, it's priced right around the same as Budweiser. It's not hoppy or yeasty, it's just a damn good beer that tastes like beer should.

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:Oh yeah, cause I am on par with stupid, pointless fucking comments like that all the time.
Pretty much. Thanks for finally admitting it.

--
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Michelob sucks. That's not a snobby opinion, I drink far more Bud Light than anything else. Just don't care for Michelob. Those oddly shaped bottles with the paper over the caps also detract from my opinion of them.
Funkmasterr wrote:We all know if that was the case, I would have been banned by now moron, please shut up.
You're giving yourself far too much credit, even when you asked me to ban you it was too much effort to have to enter my admin password to bother with it.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

If given a choice of Bud Light, Busch Light, and nothing at all, I won't be drinking. I grew out of "drinking to get drunk" over a decade ago.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

So the taste of Bud Light is so terrible that the only reason you can imagine drinking it is to get plastered?
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Leonaerd wrote:So the taste of Bud Light is so terrible that the only reason you can imagine drinking it is to get plastered?
yup
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Weird. I like quality beers and Bud Light is definitely worth the price difference between it and the keystone / busch variety. Disliking a beer because it is not as full tasting as another has never made sense to me.
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

I don't see how you can drink Michelob.

I only drink stouts like Guiness or Terminator.

Pale ales make me mean and they just taste awful.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Amber Bock is dark and fairly thick and goes down in a similar fashion to Guinness, but with barely any bitterness. Ultra is good if you want to get drunk, but I would never encounter one and say "eww get it out of my face" if it was free.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Sylvos wrote:I don't see how you can drink Michelob.

I only drink stouts like Guiness or Terminator.

Pale ales make me mean and they just taste awful.
How can you be a beer snob and misspell Guinness at the same time? :)
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

He's probably one of those badass liars I talked about in my paragraph post in this thread. :)
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I prefer a good altbier, weizenbock, dunkel, bock, or dunkelbock. Lately I have been all about doppelbocks though. If you consider that being a snob about my beer, you might learn why my tastes changed over time. We've had this discussion here several times before, and you have proven that underage drinkers keep the imitation pils flowing.
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

I don't drink beer often and when I do, it's either Dos Equis or Corona with lots of fresh lime. I only drink beer when I have a craving for beer and then it's just one, from my fridge. With that said, beer is like anything else one enjoys in life. Some people have more evolved tastes.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Leonaerd wrote:Disliking a beer because it is not as full tasting as another has never made sense to me.
I've read this a few times now and it really doesn't make sense to me. If one doesn't find it as 'full tasting' as something they actually do enjoy why are they a snob (or whatever) for disliking it?

Pardon my being dense.

--
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

I consider light beer to be good beer that has been watered down. It's still good beer, simply less of it. While this is firmly my opinion, it causes me to not understand why others don't feel the same.
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

I voted for Lager, because I like Lagers! I don't think I've ever had a Michelob Lager, but it would be my pick if I was limited to Michelob. The regular light would be my second choice.

I am a huge fan of Pale Ales lately, can't get enough of those 8)

A bit off topic:

I can drink 6 Bud Lights and wake up the next morning (say 6-7 hours later) feeling "raunchy" -- for lack of a better word -- with a headache, but I can drink well over a 12pk of Coors light and wake up feeling fine.

Is it just that Coors light has more water or is it something else?

Also, is Light beer weaker as well? Seems like a couple of Sierra Nevada drafts got to me way quicker the other night than my normal Coors Light drafts always did. I always thought it was the same alcohol content, just that it had less flavor and fewer calories.
Last edited by Neziroth on September 4, 2007, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<a href="http://www.fictionpress.com/~mjlb">See the other side...</a>

Feel free to share your thoughts~
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

I don't drink beer often and when I do, it's either Dos Equis or Corona with lots of fresh lime. I only drink beer when I have a craving for beer and then it's just one, from my fridge. With that said, beer is like anything else one enjoys in life. Some people have more evolved tastes.
I used to be all about Corona and Dos Equis as well, and then somebody handed me a Pacifico, I'll pick that over both of those any day now. If you haven't tried it you should.

I've heard that Negra Modelo (sp) is even better than pacifico in the mexican beer category, I haven't tried it yet.

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

No way anyone drinks more than 30 beers in a night without having left many half full misplaced beers.

*dredging up old topic*
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

No way anyone drinks more than 30 beers in a night without having left many half full misplaced beers.

*dredging up old topic*
What kind of time period are we talking here? A few hours? I've seen people have a good run at finishing a case (24pk) alone, I've had a few good tries at it as well. Those attempts usually ended with me laying on the ground staring at the sky wondering if I got hit by a train though :(

I'm sure it's possible if I've almost done it. I'm talking over a few hours though, not all at once.

Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

Neziroth wrote:I

A bit off topic:

I can drink 6 Bud Lights and wake up the next morning (say 6-7 hours later) feeling "raunchy" -- for lack of a better word -- with a headache, but I can drink well over a 12pk of Coors light and wake up feeling fine.

Is it just that Coors light has more water or is it something else?

The Bud brand contains more formaldehyde than any other brew on the market. This causes more dehydration on the brain thus resulting in a much more noticeable next day feeling.

Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Winnow wrote:No way anyone drinks more than 30 beers in a night without having left many half full misplaced beers.

*dredging up old topic*
Simply not true. I've seen it done many times. You just have to be a true alcoholic.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Well, at least you aren't discussing the merits of stinky green-bottled imports (re: heineken, st pauli, becks, moosehead, etc.) Hard to say mass-produced fast-food beers like most American macros taste bad when there is no taste.

That said, there is nothing as refreshing as a tall frozen mug of american swill (PBR, High Life, etc) on a hotass summer day.
en kærlighed småkager
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

I topped 30 myself a few weeks ago as we made a small road trip to a concert. However, this was over a course of 12 hours so, it may not be quite the feat.
Fuck Michigan!
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Wow. My limit (over a ~5 hour period) is probably ~15. I only weigh 175 though.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Zamtuk wrote:I topped 30 myself a few weeks ago as we made a small road trip to a concert. However, this was over a course of 12 hours so, it may not be quite the feat.
I still call bullshit! You consumed 360 ounces, which is 2.8 gallons, basically 10 thirst busters, on a road trip? How much did everyone else drink? How many total beers were in the vehicle if you drank 30 beers alone? five of you? How many times did you take a piss? Details man!

If you were drinking out of a keg then all calculations are thrown out the window and you probably had more like 10 liquid beers and five more foam beers.

Over a 24 hour period I can see it, but not 12 hours.

Didnt' happen, especially on a road trip.

Someone was going to test this out. Never heard back!
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

I drank 27 bottles of Bud Light sitting at the bar that my roommates managed one night. I forget why we started, someone bet me I couldn't drink a case of beers, and they ended up not cleaning away any of the bottles to keep track of where I was at. I have pictures of the progression throughout the night, I'll see if I can find them when I get home. Or maybe there's at least one on my myspace? I don't recall. It was pretty funny, after about the 20th beer people throughout the bar were cheering when I'd finish one and coming up to talk to me about it.

I've sat down and drank a whole case (24 beers), on purpose, a few times. It's not that difficult, but somewhat pointless. I'm virtually certain that I've drank much more beer than that when a keg was around, but I've never kept track.

Yeah, I'm a drunk (alcoholics go to meetings), but I'm a functional drunk.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Had a housemate in LA that made a 30-pack costco brick of Bud dissappear in the course of about 4 hours. I had bought it due to some people visiting from out of town. We went out, came back and dude had consumed every fucking one. He was prone to drinking at all hours though so I am sure it didn't bother him too much.
en kærlighed småkager
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Winnow wrote:I still call bullshit! You consumed 360 ounces, which is 2.8 gallons, basically 10 thirst busters, on a road trip? How much did everyone else drink? How many total beers were in the vehicle if you drank 30 beers alone? five of you? How many times did you take a piss? Details man!

If you were drinking out of a keg then all calculations are thrown out the window and you probably had more like 10 liquid beers and five more foam beers.
The road trip was only 3 hours. We made 3 stops due to someone's small bladder (which was a perfect excuse for me to pee). To start we had 54 beers, it was 60, however I drank 3 with someone before we left. We had 4 in the car (5 including the driver, but he only drank 2 on the way down, responsibility and all) So being fair 52/4 = 13 + 3 = 16. Then we get to the concert 2.5 hours early. We go to the store and buy 60 beers (2 cases of bud light, 12 pack of heineken). Divide that number by 5 and we have 12 a piece before even going into the concert. This puts the total at 28. Now it gets hazy. I have no fucking clue how much I drank in the concert, but it was around 6 glasses (I made 2 trips, and had friends make a few trips to the beer wagon), which were probably the 22oz cups. There are several pictures of me double fisting. I didn't drink after we left, though we were going to a bar next to the hotel we got. Also, important to the story, I ate pretty well an hour before, and had various snacks and what not on the way there and during the concert.

The title of the photo album on facebook is called the shitshow, fyi.
Fuck Michigan!
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

Winnow wrote:No way anyone drinks more than 30 beers in a night without having left many half full misplaced beers.

*dredging up old topic*
Additionally, some clarification is needed... I would have to agree if beer=Sierra Nevada, but if beer=Coors Light, Bud Light, Corona, etc then it's entirely possible.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

lmnt9 wrote:

*dredging up old topic*
Additionally, some clarification is needed... I would have to agree if beer=Sierra Nevada, but if beer=Coors Light, Bud Light, Corona, etc then it's entirely possible.
Certainly. It would have to be something sub 4% or so. Since most of the cheap rice beer is 3.x%, it mostly ends up getting peed out. :) I think most people would have difficulty staying upright thrying to finish a 6er or Sierra Nevade Bigfoot Barleywine or anything else 9+%.
en kærlighed småkager