UI Screenshots?

WoW Discussion
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

UI Screenshots?

Post by cadalano »

I'm an addon freak. I like seeing what other people use and how they arrange their screens. Post screenshots of your UI in action if you have em! Feel free to describe some of the less recognizable mods
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I used to be an add on freak, but dealing with all the upgrades after every single patch got to be pretty annoying.

Now I run as few as possible, with the exception of what I deem required.

I have to upgrade every couple of months now instead of every other patch.
Syndaen Crystalthorn
Gets Around
Gets Around

Here's mine...

Post by Syndaen Crystalthorn »

Here's my Paladin's setup...

Syndaen Crystalthorn
Lord Protector of Tunare
Knight of Truth
Lesbian Avenger
Keeper of "The List"
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

I just have a straightforward ui atm, I don't usually tend to get too into downloading too many. I prefer a clean clear screen so I can admire my lovely purple dress.

Janx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Janx

Post by Janx »

DIAF alliance!
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

huh.. huh.. penetration
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I used to be an add on freak, but dealing with all the upgrades after every single patch got to be pretty annoying.

Now I run as few as possible, with the exception of what I deem required.

I have to upgrade every couple of months now instead of every other patch.
I don't suppose there's a chance you could tell us what add-ons those are...
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

wow, those graphics are not aging well.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

kyoukan wrote:wow, those graphics are not aging well.
If you stand 15 feet away from your monitor and squint, they don't look so bad.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

miir wrote:
kyoukan wrote:wow, those graphics are not aging well.
If you stand 15 feet away from your monitor and squint, they don't look so bad.
Just curious, but what MMO graphics do you like? I really haven't been impressed by any graphics for MMO games ever really. I think I liked Lineage 2 and Guild Wars for a little bit, but thats about it. Sometimes I think WoW is neat in a cartoony sort of way, but some things are just god aweful.

I've been kinda looking for another MMO game to play, but I know convincing my girlfriend to play another would mean trying to find a "pretty" character for her to play. Although who knows, maybe it wouldn't because she rolled a troll in WoW.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

i think the landscapes improved drastically with TBC especially with the skies but yeah there have been no changes in most of the modeling.. still low poly count cartoony shits

on the other hand, Draenei and male blood elves are some of the worst player models I've seen since Luclin came out
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Psyloche wrote:Just curious, but what MMO graphics do you like? I really haven't been impressed by any graphics for MMO games ever really. I think I liked Lineage 2 and Guild Wars for a little bit, but thats about it. Sometimes I think WoW is neat in a cartoony sort of way, but some things are just god aweful.

I've been kinda looking for another MMO game to play, but I know convincing my girlfriend to play another would mean trying to find a "pretty" character for her to play. Although who knows, maybe it wouldn't because she rolled a troll in WoW.
There's a huge difference between good graphics and good art direction.
With good art direction, Blizzard made a fucking horrible graphics engine actually look pretty good. The same is true for LOTRO... the engine is not anywhere near as dated and ugly as WOWs, but excellent art direction made it look pretty sharp.

My personal preference leans towards more realistic looking graphics. I am much more fond of the graphics in games like EQ2 and Vanguard. They aren't as stylized and slick as WOW and LOTRO, but it's what I like.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Damn!

Chomsky is a CUTIEPIE!
:D
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Diae Soulmender »

20" FPW

Khrashdin 80 Protection Paladin
Vox Immortalis - Hyjal-US
#1 World Ranked 10man Strict Achievement Guild
#3 World Ranked 10man Strict Progression Guild
http://www.guildox.com The Premier Guild Ranking Site
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

ROFL, a fucking threat meter?
Do you have a hidden addon that plays the game for you?
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

It's called "whining tanks that couldn't hold agro off a disgruntled ferret" (and some mages that think Pyroblast is a great opening spell on any mob).

That is... if everyone doesn't have the threat meter, it's not as "useful". So I have it as well, and never look at the stupid thing.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

I refuse to play with a threat meter. If I find myself raiding with people that can't control their aggro without one it will probably be followed by a /gquit.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I think they use them to maximize DPS.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

See my previous comment and replace "can't control their aggro" with "are inept at the most basic systems of the game".
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Spang wrote:I think they use them to maximize DPS.
Correct.

To the rest of you retards lrn2play.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Is World of Warcraft such a difficult game that guilds require the use of a threat meter in order to beat raid encounters?

or

Is your guild full of shitty players that can't figure out how to maximise their DPS without the use of a UI mod?

I remember the good ole days when players had to have some semblance of a clue and had to pay attention to what was going on in a raid.
When there wasn't UI mods to tell you if and when you should nuke... Mods that flash instructions onscreen so even the stupidest of the stupid can follow a raid script...
Mods that do mundane tasks like finding and curing raid members....
Mods that cancel heals automagically if the target is above X percent HP...

This guy I work with plays WOW.
He lets his 5 year old son press the buttons for him on raids.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

KLH Threatmeters is bullshit.. it doesnt actually do anything but weigh your aggro gap to be much smaller than it really is. That way, its completely impossible to pull aggro because by using it to pace yourself you'll always be far behind your actual "oh shit" mark. As a result, people think its the greatest mod ever. so yeah its mostly just a tool to scare nubs into thinking they'll pull aggro (present company excluded Diae!)

I dont even know why the hell a hunter would need it, though... I can see your DM from Gruul.. theres no way in hell you'd ever pull aggro!

My "good ol days" were EverQuest, i dont know if thats where you are drawing your comparisons from, Miir.

I remember being able to very comfortably play 2 characters to 100% potential simultaneously in an EQ raid. I couldnt even imagine doing that in WoW.

WoW has a lot of mods that would make a simple "stand there and push button" game like EQ sound ridiculously easy.. and yeah youre right, if you could use those mods in EQ it would be pathetic... but WoW is challenging in different ways. I know you'll hate the game no matter what and thats fine, but unless you've actually done end game raiding you honestly won't know how challenging it is..

Lots of idiots play though for sure. I wouldnt be astonished that 5 year olds pushing buttons is perfectly acceptable to some guilds. In fact recently the raid size decreased from 40 to 25 people and I'm enjoying the game a lot more because theres less room for retards in my guild that are just wasting everyone else's time.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Some things were so fucking borked in EQ, especially when I could box 2 people in raids, one doing dps and other healing. Ofcourse, doing dps in EQ was me hitting fucking flying kick every few seconds with auto attack on and fd'ing every so often to wipe agro. Healing was almost as fucking boring because I counted between 2 to 4 seconds and pushed the most broken heal ever.

One comical thing was looking at how many fucking buttons I have on my hotkeys in WoW and remembering how fucking greatful I was getting the 9th (?) spell slot in EQ.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I know you'll hate the game no matter what and thats fine, but unless you've actually done end game raiding you honestly won't know how challenging it is..
My comments have absolutely nothing to do with WOW.

It's more to do with the dumbing down of raiding via the use of 3rd party tools like voicechat and over-the-top UI mods.

And I have done endgame (at the time) raiding in WOW... I didn't find it particularly challenging. No mor or less challenging than EQ2 and definately less challenging than EQ... but then again, I played a bard in EQ.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I know you'll hate the game no matter what and thats fine, but unless you've actually done end game raiding you honestly won't know how challenging it is..

It's more to do with the dumbing down of raiding via the use of 3rd party tools like voicechat and over-the-top UI mods.

And I have done endgame (at the time) raiding in WOW... I didn't find it particularly challenging. No mor or less challenging than EQ2 and definately less challenging than EQ... but then again, I played a bard in EQ.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

You mentioned warcraft a few times in your comments. What do you mean absolutely nothing? Do your comments apply to other MMOs?

The same arguments go on internally with guilds. When my guild formed we argued for about a week as to whether or not to make Ventrilo mandatory. We had a couple of blowhards who considered it to be less-than-hardcore to use voice communication, or any kind of non-official software. Those people shut up very quickly after the first night of C'Thun

I doubt these tools that you complain about were so widely used when you were raiding. They are effectively required now. Blizzard knows they exist and tunes encounters with them in mind. I know you did Onyxia or MC or whatever and I should have been more specific... its a whole new ballgame now.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

You mentioned warcraft a few times in your comments.
Because WOW is the only game that currently supports UI addins that essentially play the game for you.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:

Ditto, everytime I heard someone try to make up some reason that you needed all these damn ui mods to raid it made me laugh. I played a bard too in EQ, and doing a good job at that not only took practice and some skill, but constant attention. Anyone that isn't retarded can play WoW one handed while mostly paying attention to a show on tv.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

Yeah but.. You played on my server funk so I know for a fact you dont know wtf youre talking about :P

Remember talking to me about how you planned on grinding out HWL like it would be a piece of cake?

Did you do that 1 handed?
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

miir wrote:
You mentioned warcraft a few times in your comments.
Because WOW is the only game that currently supports UI addins that essentially play the game for you.

So your comments have everything to do with WoW, wouldnt they? I dont see what you're getting at

They dont play the game for you.. Its comments like that which illustrate that you really dont know what end game raiding is like in this game. Maybe you knew a few months after release, but not anymore. You're just taking what you know about "good ol' days" raiding and applying these new tools to it as if nothing else in the WOW raiding scene has changed since you last killed Magmadar.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

So your comments have everything to do with WoW, wouldnt they? I dont see what you're getting at
If it was EQ2 or Vanguard, I'd say the exact same thing.
It's about UI addins/mods, not the fucking game.
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Blizzard Development has turned off / modified every single macro which could make it so you can play without actually doing much more then hitting a key once in a while.

As to KTM Threatmeter specifically its a good mod to determine where you stand in threat. No one is going to say its perfect, but it does assist you in determining when best to drop threat (FD for me) or slow down on the specials. It has nothing to do with the skill or lack thereof of your main tank (at least this is true in my case). Its a tool used some of the dps'ers.

Its just a tool.

As to end game raiding in general in WoW... its easy as shit compared to WoW (much less time investment/shorter fights), but on the other hand the game is also paced much faster then EQ.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Diae Soulmender wrote:but it does assist you in determining when best to drop threat (FD for me) or slow down on the specials. It has nothing to do with the skill or lack thereof of your main tank (at least this is true in my case). Its a tool used some of the dps'ers.
Honestly, and this is my point of view at least, it's not the tank I was mocking when I said it was for talentless hacks, it was the DPSers. Controlling your threat is part of the game, and having some mod tell you what to do? Yeah. I'll bet your DPS could have been far higher than what your shot showed if you weren't tying an elastic around your balls by following a mods advice. But hey, to each their own. Way to dominate the game! *throws down the horns*
Breagen
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Breagen »

Playing a dps class in WoW is far more advanced than playing one in EQ and comparisons between them is quite rediculous. EQ for most dps classes essentially ment auto attack + one button press for a special or for casters repeatedly pressing one key over and over. There was never really a question of aggro control, in fact there were examples of tanks going afk on the blobs in VT and never losing aggro. I can remember popping TS and landing constant 2k+ crits on bosses without ever even considering the possibility that I might actually aggro the boss.

Claiming that by playing a bard in EQ you were automatically having a much harder time of it than anyone else is equally ridiculous. The vast majority of bards in EQ were lucky to twist two songs at the same time, let alone CC'ing anything while doing it. Just because the class had massive potential didn't make it automatically any harder to play than other classes. The skill level required to twist songs would be equivalent to a hunter shot rotation or a rogue's attack rotation to maximise their dps. Bard skill came into question for aspects like pulling or splitting mobs, areas that don't exist in WoW and therefore can't be compared.

I agree that overall there are far too many mods out there for WoW but I don't think KTM is one of them. The fact that virtually all endgame guilds use KTM demonstrates how important it is to successful raiding. Maximizing your potential dps output is required when you are facing straight up enrage timers or artifical timers like on Gruul, and relying on people's intuition for how much threat the tank has built just won't cut it.
Forest Stalker - EQ Retired
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

cadalano wrote:Yeah but.. You played on my server funk so I know for a fact you dont know wtf youre talking about :P

Remember talking to me about how you planned on grinding out HWL like it would be a piece of cake?

Did you do that 1 handed?
I probably did!

I just don't like someone telling me "you need these 20 mods if you want to raid" meanwhile, especially on my priest I would have a window about 4 inches squared that wasn't plastered with some mod or another.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Breagen wrote:Claiming that by playing a bard in EQ you were automatically having a much harder time of it than anyone else is equally ridiculous. The vast majority of bards in EQ were lucky to twist two songs at the same time, let alone CC'ing anything while doing it. Just because the class had massive potential didn't make it automatically any harder to play than other classes. The skill level required to twist songs would be equivalent to a hunter shot rotation or a rogue's attack rotation to maximise their dps. Bard skill came into question for aspects like pulling or splitting mobs, areas that don't exist in WoW and therefore can't be compared.
ROFL, you're a fucking tard...
Raiding as a bard consisted of a fuck of a lot more than twisting a couple of songs. To even try to compare it to a hunter's shot rotation in WOW only makes you look like a bigger moron.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah.. a bard was easy. What a joke, I mean even a shitty bard (there were a lot of very good bards on Veeshan, btw) had to pay more attention to what was going on then your average person...

I mean not even raiding, just normal grouping normally consisted of twisting 3 songs while attacking and doing CC as well.
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

miir wrote:
Breagen wrote:Claiming that by playing a bard in EQ you were automatically having a much harder time of it than anyone else is equally ridiculous. The vast majority of bards in EQ were lucky to twist two songs at the same time, let alone CC'ing anything while doing it. Just because the class had massive potential didn't make it automatically any harder to play than other classes. The skill level required to twist songs would be equivalent to a hunter shot rotation or a rogue's attack rotation to maximise their dps. Bard skill came into question for aspects like pulling or splitting mobs, areas that don't exist in WoW and therefore can't be compared.
ROFL, you're a fucking tard...
Raiding as a bard consisted of a fuck of a lot more than twisting a couple of songs. To even try to compare it to a hunter's shot rotation in WOW only makes you look like a bigger moron.
Actually Breagen is pretty close to the mark. I think it is you who are the retard Miir.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

And neither of you played a raiding bard.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I thought bards were just supposed to eat DTs!

Also, those who think you HAVE to have any mods to raid need to lrn2play. They are "nice to have," and that is all.
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

miir wrote:And neither of you played a raiding bard.
This is true and I would also point out that you probably never played a raiding Hunter /wink.
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Boogahz wrote:Also, those who think you HAVE to have any mods to raid need to lrn2play. They are "nice to have," and that is all.
The truth. I actually run very few mods. Mostly just combat logging, Zhunter for the bars, ctra for notification/raid, threatmeter, natur enemy cast, CTMod package and a few others. You dont have to have addons to play as stated.. they just make your life easier. Lots of information comes at you fast in WoW and having anything that saves time or 'cleans' it up is a good thing.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Diae Soulmender wrote:
This is true and I would also point out that you probably never played a raiding Hunter /wink.
I wasn't the one who made the comparison, idiot.
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

miir wrote:
Diae Soulmender wrote:
I wasn't the one who made the comparison, idiot.
Yer an angry bitter man Miir. Luckily I have thick skin and take everything written online with a grain of salt.

I really doubt you are like this to your mother/father/girlfriend/wife/brother/friends/boss/coworkers because otherwise you would be a poor, homeless, lonely, bitter, angry man. Obviously you are not homeless because you are posting online. Thus this means you have a job to pay the bills thus meaning you are not, in fact, an assmonkey to your boss. Also, since you are posting, it would mean you are "alive" thus you didnt piss your parents off to the point of a post-birth abortion which again means you are not what you make yourself to be.

Thus it really boils down to this: You are not what you seem.

Peace jackhole. I still love you.
Breagen
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Breagen »

Well, I'm glad your retort basically consists of calling me an idiot and that's it.

I didn't feel like getting into it before but I was roomates with arguably one of the top five if not better bards on Veeshan for a couple years and played his character on raids when he wasn't around, so yes I think I do have a pretty good idea what raiding and grouping on a bard was like. Furthermore, I remember you joined the same guild we were in for a time so I am not completely without a factual basis here.

If you had bothered to actually read what I posted my point was that bards had the POTENTIAL to require a lot of hard work and concentration to do tasks above and beyond what was usually asked of them. 90% of bards in EQ on raids did nothing more than mash keys on a set timer in order to twist three or four songs together. The areas that bards excelled in and actually required more than simple twisting was in pulling and splitting mobs, training stuff etc. The comparison with a hunter shot rotation was with a bard twisting songs as they both required counting out a set time and using your spell/song on that timer. In this regard the general raiding bard and raiding hunter actually share a very similar raiding style.

While the aspects of pulling and splitting mobs etc was very skill intensive there is no way to translate this to WoW because even if someone was skilled enough to do it there is no realistic way to do so in WoW. It's like saying that WoW doesn't require skill compared to Counterstrike because you don't have to use precise mouse targeting combined with super fast reactions.

If you'd like to actually point out the aspects of raiding on a bard that made it so incredibly difficult rather than just asserting that was the case with no evidence I'd love to hear it as I'm sure there are things I've forgotten in the last three or whatever years.
Forest Stalker - EQ Retired
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Can we stop the crying please? Wow end raiding takes a good degree of teamwork and skill no matter if you played a bard in EQ or didn't.

In fairness though, the threat meter is lame and for nubs! :lol:
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Nick wrote:In fairness though, the threat meter is lame and for nubs! :lol:
I suck so bad. Im a newbie and know nothing about raiding, end game content or teamwork. My God I lack the basic skills to even be able to hit my "Autofire" key without an AddOn/Mod telling me when to do so.

In fact I am so dumb I had to have someone come over, install WoW, find my Addons, install them, set my options and actually setup a Bot to play me because I just dont understand even the most basic mechanics of playing an MMORPG.

My God I suck.

Thankfully I have a team of Supremely Talented and Overly Qualified WoW Professionals to inform me of my fatal/deadly mistakes.

Thank you very much everyone. Your wisdom has shown me the error of my ways and I bow to your will that I am "lame" and a "nub".

Also if you could please give me all of the pointers in Serpentshrine since you obviously 'all' have a lot of experience in there. I need this since Im such a raid newb I couldnt even comprehend the zone.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Oh god shut up.

It was a joke you touchy fuck.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

We've had this discussion before.
murr
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by murr »

I'd like to see some of you hardcore badasses form a guild and beat C'Thun or Thaddius or some of the other technical raid bosses in WoW and then come back here and play whiny vagina about how easy shit is.
Murr - Fires of Heaven - Black Dragonflight