Sovereign Remedies...

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Sovereign Remedies...

Post by Arborealus »

So I have this hideous sore throat...sore like I would inject heroin directly into it if I had some. I have been reading a bunch of old remedies and decided to try gargling with apple cider vinegar to see how that works.

Anyone else have any sovereign remedies that work for them?...Not just for sore throats but whatever...
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Sovereign is the scum of Veeshan.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sovereign recommends that any remedy be taken rectally. :!:
Sirensa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sirensa »

I always heard that gargling with lukewarm salt water helps with sore throats... But it makes me gag - which doesn't. I find whining incessantly helps! :D

(And no peen comments here either, you sick fucks!)
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

hot tea and honey?

provides temporary relief for me, at least.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

I was knocked out with a pretty nasty strep throat incident all weekend. I went to school today, but it still hurts like hell, and I can barely talk above a whisper.

I alternated between gargling salt water, and gargling listerine (it hurts, but it kills shit!), and immediately following those with a blast of chloroseptic.

Oddly enough, Chloroseptic doesn't actually kill anything, despite the name (just found this out this weekend). It simply numbs the area a bit, so I spray some in the back of my throat, gargle it a few seconds, and swallow it to coat my throat (i've done this my whole life, but the label says to spit it out). It grants some temporary relief.

Also, drink tons of water, and if you can find a way to add some moisture to your air in the house. Keeping it wet keeps it from getting irritated as much.

It's hilarious the wacky stuff I do now since I can't go to doctors!

edit-Oh, I totally forgot some of the other things I learned this weekend. Orange juice is a very bad idea for sore throat. The acidity of it made my throat seize right up(found that out the hard way sunday morning). Also, apparently milk is very bad to drink if you actually have strep throat. I'm not exactly sure why, but my mother and a couple other people had told me this.
Warm liquids are good! As if you needed an excuse to drink hot tea, now you have one!
Last edited by Truant on March 7, 2007, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

So Arb and Truant both come down with the throat illness... Interesting. I'm not trying to make any comments or anything. None whatsoever. Nope, no sir.

:shock:
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
rhyae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by rhyae »

Massive doses of Ibuprofen and Chloraseptic are good for sore throats, though not exactly natural healing.

Homeopathic remedies I love: tea tree oil, aloe vera and lavender are good for just about anything, bites, scratches, burns, fungus.

Also snorting warm salt water up your nose to clear your sinuses rules. If you gag it needs more salt, if it burns add more water.

Juice fasts are great for so many things, if you can get past the headaches, salt water flushes, boils, aches, hunger, the thick coating on your tongue, the bad breath, the mucus shedding, the gas and bloating, and the dizziness. That's just your body healing itself...
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Hot toddy!
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by laneela »

I swear by Honey Loquat syrup... It's soothing as hell and it does wonders for killing a sore throat for a short'ish while (couple hours). You can find it at most natural food markets (if you have a Whole Foods or a Wild Oats nearby, they should have it) as well as Asian markets.

Good luck and feel better =\
Laneela
You may take our lives, but you will never take our trousers!
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

Make some Cup O Noodles and gargle the liquid.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Whether it works or not doesn't matter, hot toddy is the best thing about sore throats.
Neost
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: neost
Wii Friend Code: neost

Post by Neost »

Gotta go with the toddy here. If one doesn't fix it, you didn't dose it enough....down another. Rinse and Repeat.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Sovereignty means that. It's sovereign. You're a ... you're a ... you've been given sovereignty and you're viewed as a sovereign entity.

There's your cure.
VariaVespasa
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by VariaVespasa »

Fishermans Friends. I swear by them for sore throats. And occasionally swear AT them too, since they were pretty vile-tasting back when I first discovered them. Theyre better now with some new flavors though. Theyre very effective for me, AND they dont paralyze your tastebuds like most throat lozenges do.
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

Also snorting warm salt water up your nose to clear your sinuses rules. If you gag it needs more salt, if it burns add more water
Is this true or is it a mean trick to make me snort salt water next time I have a cold? My sinuses drive me NUTS and a lot of that nasal spray stuff leads to horrible sinus headaches for me.
<a href="http://www.fictionpress.com/~mjlb">See the other side...</a>

Feel free to share your thoughts~
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

rhyae wrote:Juice fasts are great for so many things, if you can get past the headaches, salt water flushes, boils, aches, hunger, the thick coating on your tongue, the bad breath, the mucus shedding, the gas and bloating, and the dizziness. That's just your body healing itself...
Shit, I'm sold! :roll:
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Neziroth wrote:
Also snorting warm salt water up your nose to clear your sinuses rules. If you gag it needs more salt, if it burns add more water
Is this true or is it a mean trick to make me snort salt water next time I have a cold? My sinuses drive me NUTS and a lot of that nasal spray stuff leads to horrible sinus headaches for me.
My aunt (a nurse) has been doing this for a few years and swears by it. I haven't tried it yet, but am definately considering it.

Update, I feel much better today, as far as sickness goes. But my throat is seizing up again as the day gets later. I've got a knife for the person responsible for inventing the sore throat.
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

Neziroth wrote:
Actually I had an Ear Nose Throat doctor who encouraged me to flush my nose and sinuses with buffered isotonic saline while in the shower. It does clear them out pretty well and it's pretty easy to get used to.

the saline soln is 2 cups water, 1 teaspoon sea salt or pickling salt, and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder...warm it up to body temp or a bit lower...put it in a spray bottle or an irrigation bulb and spray it up each nostril until it flows back out...

It's annoying at first but like I say you get used to it pretty quick and it does help, especially when I get a sinus infection...
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

I have never been let down by hot tea with honey, lemon, and ginger mixed in. If you use too much ginger and lemon it can be unpleasant, but even then it is supposed to be very good for colds of any kind.

Chicken Noodle Soup has always been a pleasant remedy for me, especially for sore throats and is proven to be effective because of the salinity and oil content of the broth. Gargling salt-water is also effective for similar reasons.

Another great one is if you know anyone with a sauna- they are AMAZING for any respiratory or throat problems. If not, you can run hot baths- the steam is incredibly soothing, especially if you add eucalyptus or lavender oils. This is my personal favorite, but many people do not have the time for these options. If your sore throat is not contagious these options are incredibly romantic if you invite your girlfriend/wife/slave-boy to join you. Talk about reducing stress!

Do not use the bath for cleaning though, just for soaking and relaxing, otherwise you get oils, dirt, and skin particles mixed in and it ruins the entire feeling.
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

Keverian FireCry wrote:If your sore throat is not contagious these options are incredibly romantic if you invite your girlfriend/wife/slave-boy to join you. Talk about reducing stress!
Yeah but Drolgin is in Denmark...:/
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

LOL!
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

Ok fuck sovereign remedies I need Morphine! NOW!
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

vouching for kev's first suggestion.

thinly sliced ginger root, squeezed lemon, hot water & a bit of honey. It works and tastes good. can drink it all day long!

also when youre going to bed you can take nyquil or whatever and also give yourself a dirty sanchez of vick's rub. weird as hell but it works for sore throat and sinus
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

Ok so here is my new sov remedy...Rocephin and Decadron injected Zythromycin and Lortab...

When the Dr. looks in your throat and involuntarily says "Holy Shit, how long have you had this?!"...well fuck salt water gargles...
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

give yourself a dirty sanchez of vick's rub.
please describe this, because it can't be what I'm imagining
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

Lalanae wrote:
Draw a mustache with it
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Arborealus wrote:
Lalanae wrote:
Draw a mustache with it
Technically if it were a dirty sanchez. You'd have to draw the mustache with your wang. which makes for an interesting mental image seeing a guy try to draw a mustache on himself with his own wang. Plus I would imagine Vicks would burn like hell down there.

I'm feeling better. But my tonsils are still swollen like mad ><
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

Truant wrote:Plus I would imagine Vicks would burn like hell down there.
Suprisingly Vicks isn't too bad...
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Arborealus wrote:
Truant wrote:Plus I would imagine Vicks would burn like hell down there.
Suprisingly Vicks isn't too bad...

:shock:
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Paracetamol, lemsip, hot showers that involve blowing your nose until its empty of nonsense.

Failing that, heroin - or putting a cow pultice on your nose (a whole live cow inside 2 pieces of bread, never fails!).
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

I went down to the street corner and bought some pills from the street pharmacist. Red and Yellow with rx665 on them. Hope they work!

On a funny note...my tonsils were so swollen that my speech was slurred. My spanish teacher this morning was giving me funny looks during the midterm.
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

The injections and ZPac has mine on the run after a day. Much much better. Still a little fever. And I can eat solid food now!
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

i find tylenol to work on pain

as well as aspirin, napricin sodium, ibuprofen. Should i be in more pain than those can handle Demorol, Vicodin, or Hydrocodone should knock it out.

If that doesnt work add one glass of wine

homeopoathic remedies and such....might as well try to ride a mule down the expressway!