Blackberry 7130E

Support, Discussion, Reviews
Venti
Gets Around
Gets Around

Blackberry 7130E

Post by Venti »

Does anyone have this phone, and if so what are your thoughts on it.

I currently use a Blackberry 7290 and while I like the features, I hate the phone itself. It's like holding a peice of toast up to your ear.
~Venti
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

You have Toast phone now...

New phone will be a:

Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

"You know that Pepperidge Farm bread, that stuff is fancy. That stuff is wrapped twice. You open it, and then it still ain't open. That's why I don't buy it, I don't need another step between me and toast" - Mitch Hedberg
Midgen
Gets Around
Gets Around
XBL Gamertag: MidgenPlays

Post by Midgen »

It's a great device.

If you plan to do a lot of outbound texting and email, the keyboard can be a challenge. If that is the case you might consider a qwerty device like the 8700g.

THree people within griping distance of my cube have these and absolutley love them.

One guy has totally customized his with custom firmware, skins, and apps. And its an Edge device so the internet access on it is actually tolerable.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

If you'll looking for something that's moreo f a phone where you can read your e-mails, then the 7100's are great.

My boss has a 7100r and we have another that's a floater for people that do international travel(It's currently in England). The keyboard can be a bit unwieldy so if you're gonna do a lot of sending, I would recommend something will a full keyboard.

If you're looking for something that's the best of both worlds(slimmer with a full keyboard) and can afford it, check out the 8700's. Those things are fantastic and if your wireless provider supports Edge wireless, it's damned fast too. (I've worked with a 7250 over EDVO and that's damn fast too.)
Syenye
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: asian tempest

Post by Syenye »

i switched my dad's company over from blackberries to the HP ipaq 9500 series. it's a small company, and they work in different cities so they do a lot of messaging and emailing. they email office documents around a lot, so the windows mobile made sense. it's a slick phone, bigger than a blackberry i think.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Syenye wrote:i switched my dad's company over from blackberries to the HP ipaq 9500 series. it's a small company, and they work in different cities so they do a lot of messaging and emailing. they email office documents around a lot, so the windows mobile made sense. it's a slick phone, bigger than a blackberry i think.
When MS released the Windows Mobile/Exchange Server 2k3 versions, we already had a Blackberry Server setup and BB's deployed in the enterprise.

What it came down to was MS's technology wasn't proven and the BB server was working extremely well for us. Also, our copoprate contract was with Bell(1X) and the HP units only support GSM/GPRS.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

I just got an 8125 from Cingular. It's hot shit.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Venti
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Venti »

We were considering the motorola Q, but have heard from a few people who have them in the company that the battery time is horrible.

I never used to text, EVER but since having the current blackberry, find it invaluable for our business.

The IT team apparently already decided to get the 7130e since we're already set up with all the BB enterprise stuff and it's super reliable for us. Apparently if I dont like it, I can change it out for something else within 30 days, so we'll see. I'll miss the keyboard, a lot. I've always been pretty impresssed how people can text from a regular (non qwerty) phone so fast.

Tomorrow's the day the phones arrive, so we'll see.

Thanks for the input!
Last edited by Venti on August 4, 2006, 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Venti
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I installed and administer the BB server at our office. It's really great.

The 7100 series is a great blackberry cause it looks and feels more like a phone and has all the advantages of a BB without the keyboard. If you usually type long e-mails on the BB though, you'll probably hate it.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

The motorola que sucks because it's not touch screen. :o
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

7130's suck.
If you want a phone, get a phone. If you want a Blackberry, get a 8700.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I have the 8700c which I like a lot, but Cingular's Edge network is less than impressive. Both of my brother in-laws have Sprint's nationwide wireless network, and not only can they surf the web but they can stream music off of it as well. I get good signals almost all of the time but I could never dream of that kind of speed from the Edge network.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.