Best Zones for levelling/PLing alts.

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Best Zones for levelling/PLing alts.

Post by noel »

I like:

1-7 - Any noob one, butcherblock mountains are great.
7-18ish - Unrest
18-30ish - Lake of Ill Omen/Marus Seru/Solusek A
30-35ish - Frontier Mountains (these levels suck for me)
35+ Sol B (my fave), Lower Guk, The Hole to 53-54ish.
Then the grind to 60.

In light of Luclin and PoP coming out, can anyone suggest a better path?
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Diae Soulmender »

-I rather like Dervs in West Commons from about 10-16

-Then I move to West Commons Guards from 16-20

-Then I move to West Commons Shadowned Men until around 30 (and do guards if I kill the repops quickly)

-I like West Freeport/East Freeport Guards from about 30-35

-I like Echo Caverns from 35-50(maybe 51)

-I like Katta Guards from 51-60

IAE Power Leveling Guide

You coudl also do Echo Caverns from 30-50... if you like.

There ya go...
Khrashdin 80 Protection Paladin
Vox Immortalis - Hyjal-US
#1 World Ranked 10man Strict Achievement Guild
#3 World Ranked 10man Strict Progression Guild
http://www.guildox.com The Premier Guild Ranking Site
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

5-10 Pick an orc camp in WC/EC
10-16 Beetles in NK. These happily beat themselves to death on my thorns, no need for snare.
16-20 LIO-Gob camps or Sarnaks if the fort is not full of n00bs
20-30 UGuk THE fastest exp I've ever seen
30-35 Dawnshroud-Tribals at the zone to ME.
35-45 Taskmaster camp in Echo Caverns. Save them guts!
45-50 Scarlet Desert-pick a shady spot and kill all the tribals, cheetas and flowers you see. Boring but generally safe.

I'm of couse assuming a druid PL + Fungi. I guess a shammy could work, but without snare, some of those zones could get messy.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Knew you wouldn't let me down Diae. :D
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

If you are a good race, PL'ing in Neriak, Third gate is a good spot if. Way in the back are two wizzies, and one necro inkie. Great exp, and timed right, one pops right after you kill another. Great for 49-52ish
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

My prefered path when PLing a gimp these days is:
1-8: Noobzone001-The revamped Nek forest seems pretty good here
9-12: Oasis- Orch Highway cannot be beat
13-25: Pauldul Caverns: With a healer and some DS potions this is literally a 3 hour stretch to complete.
26-35: Sola Gnomes and Robots (CC Orcs works well here too)
36-45: Kaesora- Church Area
46-50: City of Mists- Gazebos
51+: If you enjoy a lot of cock fencing over spawns, POJ. If you don't mind a slower pace of XP for some solitude SolB and Velks are alright.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

hehe The collective seems to prefer the great outdoors, wheras I am more of a dungeon person. The places I use assume a cleric, some Shaman DS potions, and making use of dungeon style ZEMs. If I was quad boxing like Diae, Id immagine I could kill things much much faster so outdoor zones would be better in that scenario.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Shaerra
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Shaerra »

Assuming you're PLing with a Druid and have HP gear on the twink...

1-12 Take main to Crushbone, fill up 8 10-slot backpacks with CB belts and Lego Shoulderpads. Take to Kaladim (with the PoK books, this is a VERY short trip) turn in belts and pads with Newbie. Fly though the levels.

13-23 Paludial Caverns. Great exp for those wimpy mobs.

24-30 Upper Guk, near the Lower Guk live side zone line is good.

31-45 CoM

46-50 Kedge

51-54 Hole

55-59 Velks (Especially at the castle, or in the pit)

60+ PoP

-Shae
Last edited by Shaerra on December 17, 2002, 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Yeah any neriak zone is good twink experience. Guards are often dual weilding so they die pretty fast to damage shields. The only thing you have to worry about are the perma-level 14 role playing dark elves that say "vendui" to each other 2059835 times a day and annoy you about killing their "dark brothers" etc.
Jesalynn
No Stars!

Post by Jesalynn »

1-7 Butcherblock
7-12 Steamfont
12-18 mistmoore, very very fast if you can get the entire yard trash to yourself
18-24 SolA
24-30 mistmoore deeper or unrest basement
30-40 Kaesora, that zone just rocks and noone experiences there
40-45 I always have trouble with this area
45-50 zone in mobs in the Hole, wish the zone was better set up and had a lot more "yard trash" for lower level people
Rayzelle Arietta
Jesalynn Oban
Raederle(retired)
Irulene(retired)
------------------
Cestus Dei
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

I generally like to start out in the commons and work west.
1-8 East commons, maybe orc camp
10-15 dervs in wc
15-17 orcs in hhp (Done purely for faction reasons)
18-30 HHK, killing goblins, OR Upper Guk. Good lovin'
31-46 Lower guk, SolB, take your pick
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Atokal »

1 - 8 Butcher Block
9 - 15 Crush Bone
15 - 27 Unrest or LOIO
27 - 30 Frontier Mountains
30 - 34 The Overthere
Atokal
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Fallanthas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fallanthas »

1-10 Wherever
11-20 Paludal
20-50 Tower of Frozen Shadows. Mother of all PLing zones
51-53 CoM
54-60 Dunno. My PLing usually stops low 50s and I go into group mode
Ennia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ennia »

1-15 thugs/smugglers/sharks in Qeynos sewers
15-21 Lake Rathe undead/gnoll camp by SK zone
21-35 Marus seru whatever moves
35-40 cougars/wolves in iceclad
40-50+ solB
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Diae Soulmender »

No, my way or the highway sucka's!

Having Pleveled more shitbag gimps then I care to remember, my way is the only way. You cannot refute it. There is nothing you could possibly say to refute my power leveling uber guide!

HEHEH

Just kidding :)

But seriously, my quickie outline I have used so many times it makes me sick. I did 1-50 I think is was 3 days 2 hours played which aint too shabby.

Let me also add that power leveling depends on a lot of factors:

a) What are your resources?
b) How well is your gimp twinked?
c) Caster or Melee Twink?

Answer a) I always power leveled with my Ranger... then toss in my Cleric once the gimp is high enough hps that some good healing power is in order.

Answer b) I "ALWAYS" outfit my gimps with as much hps gear as I can find. This is not his 'true gear' but his 'power level gear'.

Answer c) Having never pleveled a caster I cannot even comment on it though I would guess its difficult or at least painful..
Khrashdin 80 Protection Paladin
Vox Immortalis - Hyjal-US
#1 World Ranked 10man Strict Achievement Guild
#3 World Ranked 10man Strict Progression Guild
http://www.guildox.com The Premier Guild Ranking Site
Fredonia Coldheart
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Fredonia Coldheart »

For necros, clerics, and shadowknights nothing beats Kurn's Tower from around 8 to 20. With the PoP book it's even easier getting them there...
Fredonia Coldheart
Guff Of Souls - Officer
Fallanthas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fallanthas »

Bah, you can do better, Diae!

Current project is a mage, he should ding 50 early next week at around 4 days on the clock.

That's slow as hell, BTW. I only have one character to PL him with. I have heard of AE pling going as fast as 20 hours for a 1-50 run.
Chmee
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Chmee »

1-9 pretty much any newbie zone
10-25 Paludal caverns
26-30 sol a
30-35 Kedge entrance
36-40 Nurga
40-45 Kaesora
46-52? (forget when this light blues out) Entrance to the Hole

Paludal, Kedge, and the Hole are all particularly good for their level.
Ooga[foh]
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Ooga[foh] »

Welp, I am gonna give away my super seekrit twink spots, but I think my track record of alts speaks for itself!

My current project, who has caused me to become ever so slightly cracked out on EQ once again, is my beastlord. At any rate, my combo uses a druid and then a shaman in the later years. Beastlord hit 60 at 3 days played and is 79% in 64 with only 14 days played. Cut out all the raiding that was required for flagging and I figure the beastlord could have hit 65 in under 10 days played.

Anyhow here is my spots of choice:

1-14 Unrest (Don't even fuck with the newbie yards, just go straight there)

14-20 Guktop Shin Lord area (I post up in the bar looking hallway and own all around there)

21-30 SolA Goblins (Always plenty of gobs to pull, I usually just thorn the twink and the druid, have the twink pull massive trains and let thorns on both chars do all the work. Generally a level every 30 minutes)

31-35 Guk Bottom (I personally post up in Assassin room for these four quick levels. Takes roughly two hours for 31-35)

36-45 Guk Bottom (I move down into Executioner room and use the corner by the pots for channeling help with the druid. Can generally pull all of dead tower from Savant to nearly Frenzy before repop. Levels definitely start to slow down in this time frame, but its roughly a level every 45 minutes to an hour.)

46-50 Howling Stones basement (I break out my shaman at this point. All of the basement pulls are single pulls for a 60+. Have your twinker eat the HT and own up. This basement spot owns on the ledge because there is no roaming path up there. A professional twinker always takes into consideration whether or not the spot he is twinking in is a spot he can AFK for any given amount of time if necessary!)

51-57 Plane of Justice (Right near the zone out is like 17 prisoners and 2 of the sentry guard dudes. Massive experience to be had here if no one is there. If you run out of mobs, right down the hall is plenty more. However, you have to be careful because beyond the first set of prisoners, there are some with faction hits, the first 17 have no faction adjustments at all. You can also kill the rats until 55ish too if I remember correctly. This exp basically blew my mother fucking mind. I did 51-53 on a saturday morning the day I found this spot. It's the shiz for sure.)

58-65 Be best friends with Alloria IRL and problem solved. I can't take credit for really being that great of a twinker when it all comes down to it. Alloria is, beyond any doubt, the best twinker I've ever seen. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if him and his 6 computers could get a melee from 1-60 in a weekend. Big props to Alloria for helpin me out!

In all honesty tho, in the world of twinks, it's only worth it to go to 60 nowadays anyhow. IMO you're only hurting yourself not grouping from 61-65. The experience in PoP is just too damn good not to.
generally drunk or naked or both
Letania
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Letania »

1-7 Field of bone
8-14ish Kurns
15-28ish UGuk (it's the shit, seriously)
29-40 Sola Gnomes
41-46 droga
47-56 Nobles (Ooga's PoJ spot could easily beat this, havn't brought a twink to 60 since pop came out)
57-65 chardok/pop

Take advantage of the newbie zone exp modes (Kurns Uguk Sola and Droga).
Gordiken the Wicked
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Gordiken the Wicked »

I liked AE'ing gnomes on my wizard in SolA. Found that with a Druid and my wizard I could pull off some extreme XP. That was from 30-40. Also theres always the Mistmoore trick until 46. Sit on the ledge over the courtyard where you can't be meleed nor casted on (If posistioned right) and bombs away. Note that works for casters only, and goes rather fast.
<3 Sajko IRL
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Ooga's guide is perfect imo except for the PooP zones that I know nothing about. You can also substitute Howling Stones if you don't care to get a key for The Hole where there is a massive xp modifier and, like, not everything harm touches you.

Guk top and Sol A have great concentrations of mobs for mega pulls and the area is large enough where there is always enough to grab before more respawn. There are a few wizards in Sol A that make it a bit of a pain in the ass though because they tend to not want to melee much.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

edit: ok not really a guide, use Dalnir and other Kunark zones, you go fast
VariaVespasa
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by VariaVespasa »

Depends on the classes you have to use of course. For me, using a cleric, I do 1-22 Paludal, 22-26 SplitPaw, 26-47 Droga/Nurga, 48 Kaesora to get a HS key.
*Hugs*
Varia
Fynris
No Stars!

Post by Fynris »

just my 2cp

1-4 Paineel Newbie area (haven't found one better)
5-12 The Warrens
12-20 Unrest (did this in 3 hours)
21-30 SolA Goblins
31-45 Guk Bottom
46-50 HS Basement
51-60 HS South Wing, PoP zones
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

a good way to PL casters is to hook them up with a proc weapon. and use a ranger/dru to do the PL. rgr/dru thorns self and pulls a very red mob to the caster. let's mob beat self up on thorns, wizzy twink just swings away with his wep and waits for some procs to go off (they can go off on misses). if you have a ranger doing this, you dont want to be holding weapons, so you dont do too much riposte damage.
Team Ghreen
No Stars!

my list

Post by Team Ghreen »

If you have a high level druid, and why wouldn't you to pl, you can do it like this.

1-4 anywhere

4-20 That's right..4-20 in unrest in about 2 hours.

The key to any pl'ing is a good DS and mobs that DON'T flee. The spider mobs in unrest are sick exp and all you need to do is hit them once. Put SLN, regen, wolf form and DS on the lil sucker and you will be 20 easy in not time. You don't have to always kill reds when 20 blues in 5 minutes will do.

After 20 it always slows down a bit but Omen is good till 25 or so then off to the giant fort in FM till 30.

After 30 head right to nurga/drooga till 40. The exp mod in these zones is sick and you can snare single pull for you lil pl'ing mate easy. Just watch the casters and be sure to buff with resists.

30-40 in the entrance to CoM and you can really do to about 50 here..but at 40

40 - 50 can't beat Da Hole.

50+ ick...i just stop here and play the char normal.

that's how I did it..3 times..
peace,
Team Ghreen
Tinkin Tankem
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Tinkin Tankem »

Another good way to Plvl casters is via Necro :twisted: Use your pet to beat the mob as low as possible, back off pet and cast Screaming Terror on the mob. it works best to have it timed to where the pet backs off right before the spell lands. This topped with the mana/hp transfers you can give to your powerlvlee puts them up there with druid/cleric.

Tinkin, LoV
Hammerstalker PE
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hammerstalker PE »

Team Ghreen is right on the money about Unrest. The mobs there do not run for the most part (Just the Ghouls). They will beat themselves to death on the DS and if you hit each MOB once your twink will get all of the exp.

I do this zone from level 1 to level 24 as the basement is still really good exp and it is no problem to keep yer twink alive with a Druid and Cleric there as back up.

I was wondering since Befallen was upgraded a long time ago and since there are undead there too which won't run, wouldn't that be another good place to mass pull with DS and exp til about level 35?
Hammerstalker Ironforge
65th High Priest of War

Hammr Bloodforge

58th Battletank
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

kurns tower might be a good spot as well. the xp modifier in that zone is terrific, and lots of undead. with the PoK port to Cabillis, might be a nice place with no competition.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

I spent level 10-16 there just a couple weeks ago. Very little competition. 9 people in the zone max it seems. Many times it was just me.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Veeshan takes 55 warriors into the planes? Don't know if I can spend a night sitting on my ass in OOC the entire time.
Krindol
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Krindol »

30-45 --Fierona Vi

There is a 3 spawn giant camp in the corner of the zone.

They dont transmit agro, and they are on a 10 min timer.

No one around to train or bother you, but it is quite the run to a vendor.
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

path i took like 3 years ago w/o any EQ knowlage and pre kunark was a bad one, and i SUCKED ASS at leveling

1-7 Gfay orc hill etc
8-10 common s
10-15 NRO
16-20 highpass
22-25 WK
25-35 highkeep
35-45 giant camp in FV
46-51 dreadlands
51-52-karnor
53-55- CYNDREELA (6 min timer and some movies)
56-60 chardok
61-64 valor
64-65 Halls of honor
present-bastion of thunder (fav)
codecay (2nd fav)
stroms
hoho
some valor etc
few places inbetween that didnt last long but ehh
Jaxomer
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Jaxomer »

Very good info. I have a 31 Necro I want to PL with a 57 Druid. Now I know where to go to maximize my effort.
Keepers of the Elements
|Jaxomer|Memsi|
VariaVespasa
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by VariaVespasa »

Heh, 3 years ago as a newbie I did 1-6 qeynos/qeynos hills, 8-12 north ro, 13 ecom, 14-17 Lavastorm, 18-24 Lake rathe, 25-26 SK aviaks, 27-34 paw spires, 35-40 lguk spiders, 41-45 L Guk, 46-50 Bouncers outside of Oggok. Those were phat exp in the day. :)
*Hugs*
Varia
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Difficult: PLing a melee type with a paladin.
Insane: PLing a CASTER type with a paladin.

Bloody hard it is. Important things to note, should any of my paladin brethren try this: get KEI. Scew VI, get KEI. For both parties. Those jackasses opted, for some inane reason, to not let CC work below characters that are below 45/50 somthing, which means we rely on Sup Heal to do this. If possible, fight by a zone out if yer in an ugly train zone - a 10 mob train isn't somthing you want to deal with when yer using your POS comp to run yerself on. And teh most important - cut those fraggers down when they hit 48%.. save yourself OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of pain.
Rekaar.
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Rekaar. »

take a level 35?+ twink to do factioning with a droga ae group.
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

being a mage and PLing a mage is the mad shit tho
give his NooB pet a 500 hp belt and 1 or 1 depending if can duel weld yet 100hp weapons and slap a creator DS on it and that fucker is invincible
Mezzmor
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Mezzmor »

Last PL I did was for a rogue friend.

1-30 in a day in upper and lower guk
31-38 in crystal caverns doing terrors and spiders
38-45 in karnor
46-55 in chardok
This was done in like 30 hours played, thats when i told him he was on his own...