Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Hoarmurath
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Beerfest

Post by Hoarmurath »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486551/

Saw the trailer for this over the weekend. If it's nearly as good as Super Troopers (and the trailer looks promising), then it will be a hit with me!

Appears to be opening on August 25th.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Nice! Didn't care for Club Dread much but I'm willing to give the Super Troopers team another shot.
Hoarmurath
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Hoarmurath »

Winnow wrote:Didn't care for Club Dread much
Same here...I had high hopes, and they were dashed. Hopefully they'll pull through with this one.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Yeah, Club Dread was ass.... Looking forward to this one. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

saw it last night. laughed my ass off.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Heard that Gunther was supposed to be in this movie!

His first real role! :D
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

I laughed pretty hard at this movie.

If you don't like drinking beer or aren't childish, you probably won't like it nearly as much as I did.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

If you don't like drinking beer or aren't childish, you probably won't like it nearly as much as [Sylvus] did.
Q FOR T.

Stupid movie.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Sylvus wrote:I laughed pretty hard at this movie.

If you don't like drinking beer or aren't childish, you probably won't like it nearly as much as I did.
We must both have the mentality of 8 year olds then. I give this movie 2 thumbs up!
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Xouqoa wrote:
Sylvus wrote:I laughed pretty hard at this movie.

We must both have the mentality of 8 year olds then. I give this movie 2 thumbs up!

Argggg.. Have had no time to go see movie...was forced (er, yeah) to go wine tasting last weekend. :D So, is this movie funny enough to label those that did not think it funny as bonafide humorless asshats?

Either way, I am hoping to get a chance to see this week. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

So, is this movie funny enough to label those that did not think it funny as bonafide humorless asshats?
No. But that's not to say those who like it are asshats either. It is just a movie that's very easy to despise or enjoy. I hated it.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Leonaerd wrote:
So, is this movie funny enough to label those that did not think it funny as bonafide humorless asshats?
No. But that's not to say those who like it are asshats either. It is just a movie that's very easy to despise or enjoy. I hated it.
Thx opinion, humorless asshat.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I think this movie requires a little old school beer drinking experience to appreciate. The first ten minutes were a little shaky and then the laughs kicked for the rest of the ride.

Not recommended for those that haven't played quarters, shotgunned a beer, beer bonged, and got shit-faced drinking copious amounts of beer.

hit and miss humor but plenty of laughs. It should bring back some memories of college (or wherever you spent your best drinking days)

USA! I'm so proud!
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Yeah, I was about to say that you probably wouldn't like it if you hadn't played at least some of the games that constitute the 'Fest part of the movie.

I'm pretty sure the only thing I wasn't familiar with was the Strikeout, though I suppose I still have the opportunity to give it a shot.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

considering leonard has said a million times in a million different threads that he thinks drinking is the stupidest thing ever...none of us are really surprised that you don't like this movie.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I figured this belonged in the Beerfest thread:

Last edited by Winnow on September 8, 2006, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Withefel
No Stars!

Post by Withefel »

HAHA great one winnow i just gotta show that pic to the wife, i'm sure she'll appreciate it~! :oops:
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

I watched the first 15 mins and shut it off. It was goign no where and was dull and uninteresting and unfunny. If the rest of the movie is amazing, neato. I feel as good aobut this as I did about stopping the Napoleon Dynamite after 15 mins. Maybe I'll try again when I'm super bored and can't find anything else on what so ever.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I was going to pass this movie over unitl I saw Midnyte didn't like it. That means it's probably pretty good. I'll check out the dvd in 3 months.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:I watched the first 15 mins and shut it off. It was goign no where and was dull and uninteresting and unfunny. If the rest of the movie is amazing, neato. I feel as good aobut this as I did about stopping the Napoleon Dynamite after 15 mins. Maybe I'll try again when I'm super bored and can't find anything else on what so ever.
Great review, once again, you illegal movie-downloading cocksmoker. If you had actually paid to see the movie, then did not like it...well, feel free to gripe all you want, but at least you should refrain from posting about it until you can formulate more than one or two sentances about it.

You should probably stick to Titanic or Sex and the City....or perhaps an Adam Sandler movie. Better yet, maybe you should just go back to happily prancing at Metanis's heels as he randomly posts shit he found via Google that he thinks may apply to something in the Current Events section.
en kærlighed småkager
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Canelek wrote:
Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:I watched the first 15 mins and shut it off. It was goign no where and was dull and uninteresting and unfunny. If the rest of the movie is amazing, neato. I feel as good aobut this as I did about stopping the Napoleon Dynamite after 15 mins. Maybe I'll try again when I'm super bored and can't find anything else on what so ever.
Great review, once again, you illegal movie-downloading cocksmoker. If you had actually paid to see the movie, then did not like it...well, feel free to gripe all you want, but at least you should refrain from posting about it until you can formulate more than one or two sentances about it.

You should probably stick to Titanic or Sex and the City....or perhaps an Adam Sandler movie. Better yet, maybe you should just go back to happily prancing at Metanis's heels as he randomly posts shit he found via Google that he thinks may apply to something in the Current Events section.
LOL. So bitter and off-base. It's so cute. Yes, please show how superior you are to me by defending ....Beerfest? Show them colors kiddo. Very impressive.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

people who download movies illegally should be shot?
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Canelek wrote: If you had actually paid to see the movie....
ROFL

I chose to spend my money a little more wisely than that. Wow. That's a good one. Yeah. You are definitely superior to me.
dibit_eq
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by dibit_eq »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:I chose to spend my money a little more wisely than that.
So breaking laws = wisdom? I mean, I've done the illegal downloads too, but because you chose to illegally download instead of paying money to see a movie doesn't seem like wisdom. Wisdom would be seeing the movie or not seeing the movie and feeling validated in your experience. Illegal downloads are more like option 3. You save some cash, but you still perform an illegal act. I know you dont take that as a point of pride.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

No I don't. Not at all. The way I look at it, I wouldn't experience half the movies or music I do if it weren't for torrents, etc. for movies and cheap music sites like allofmp3.com from Russia.

Any movie I see that is uber, I go and buy it on DVD and any CD I listen that is great, I go out and purchase it form the local record store.

I also don't hide form the truth like many fo the other hipocrits on this board. Use whatever you want to defame me. You need it. Equating movie and music downloads from the net to physical violence, like beatign the shit out of a reporter, shows yet again how little you are.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

i thought, in your opinion, all criminals should be shot or beaten. is it just a specific type of criminal?
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Spang wrote:i thought, in your opinion, all criminals should be shot or beaten. is it just a specific type of criminal?
Making blanket statements is foolish. I've done so myself and learned from it. I don't put the millions of computer nerds around the globe downloading music and movies to their computers in the criminal category.

Jaywalking is technically criminal, but I just don't think comparing that to armed robbery, or spousal abuse, or rape, or assualt, or home invasion, etc. is the mark of a reasonable or logical person.

I would never hurt other people. I'm so pathetic, when ever I pull into the store parking lot and see a cart in one of the spots, I have to go get it and put it away before enterign the store. I'm so sad, that when I was putting pennies into the penny wrappers to take to the bank last week, I couldn't leave the Candian penny I found in there. I threw it away. My wife laughed at me.

So, if making me look bad is what you are after, which would be consistent with half the board here, just quote the "Fuck Muslims" thing and be on with it. Thx. Drive Thru.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

you're a thief. just like everyone else who downloads music, movies and games off the internet illegally. last i checked a thief is a criminal. you have no sympathy for criminals. from the comfort and safety of your own home you steal movies and music.

i'm a criminal too. i steal music all the time. i don't think downloading stuff illegally makes you a bad person. having no sympathy for criminals and conducting criminal acts yourself, makes you a bad person.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

If only Howie Mandel was in it.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

kyoukan wrote:
If only Howie Mandel was in it.
LOL
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

My name is BubbaGrizz and I am a Pirate. Arrrrrrr

Actually I am more of a casual Pirate. Arrr
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Truant wrote:considering leonard has said a million times in a million different threads that he thinks drinking is the stupidest thing ever..
What?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sticking with the drinking theme, a Scottish DUI test:

Scottish DUI Text WMV ~900kb