So uh, where are the old OGers playing nowadays?

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Adex_Xeda
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

So uh, where are the old OGers playing nowadays?

Post by Adex_Xeda »

Another thread on this board got me thinking.

Where are the old OG bunch playing nowadays?

I bought both WoW and EQII with the full intention of trying them out. I installed EQII first and never got around to installing WoW, but still have a copy!

Right now I'm playing on the EQII luclin server as a barbarian bard. What can I say? Sueven, Wonko, Strumms and the gang inspired me. 99/100 Veeshan bards were always welcome group members.

So where are you guys playing? Is there a concentration of you anywhere? Somewhere I might roll a character and hang out?

Also, any of you seen Zinzin the former wizard around?
Neost
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: neost
Wii Friend Code: neost

Post by Neost »

tried both Wow and EQ2 and got really bored with them really quick.

No more mmorpg's for me I don't think. If I can't pause it, I won't play it.
Nilaman
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Nilaman »

I tried the EQ2 thing for a bit but I've put it on pause.

Sovereign switched to WoW sometime last year, I've been there ever since (bloodhoof server).
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm playing Second Life (picts inc!) It's a game you can pick up or put down without worrying about leveling, etc. It leans on the creativity side more than the strategy side of things. The world is massive. 2,000 servers run the single world that everyone plays in (no separate worlds) and it continues to expand. It's the first true virtual world model IMO... buy/sell game money on open market, buy/sell land, etc. It's a very interesting place with the game evolving weekly with new patches. I'm using the in-game build engine to design a home right now, terraforming land, etc. With scripting, it's amazing what you can do.

WoW never interested me. EQ2 didn't keep my interest through the beta. Lineage 2, Guild Wars and City of Villains were all fun for a brief period of time.

Vanguard is going to suck.

I'll pick up whatever MMORPG game is ready for release in about six months or so and give it a try.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Still with EQ! Although RL is keeping me pretty busy these days so I don't really have time to play. I think it's been three weeks since I've been on. I don't see myself every going to another MMORPG though.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
retiredwikit
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by retiredwikit »

Back in EQ, lost my wizard after I let Elex piss me off (long story) .. rerolled a beastlord, and loving EQ. Tried EQ2 lost interest after a week or so, never looked at WoW.
Current Character Hanelce.
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Wikit? dang I didn't realize that was you? Cool!

I'm playing EQ2 with you on LucanDLere (even though you have been working I assume you remember this since we spoke last night! HA!) You can all see my numerous gimps below :) Adex actually stuck with 1 character and left me behind months ago.. but I'm catchin' up with the monk!

There should still be some people in Ixtlan on Whisperwind in WoW (Mast you still there? Seebs?) then there is the people that didn't leave EQ to joing Ixtlan in WoW, they later reformed Sovereign as Sovereign Aliance on the Bloodhoof Server. They are alliance and Ixtlan is on the Horde side (as he said Nil is there, Midnyte (still?), Gaklek, Sarg etc...)

I'll probably play some more WoW once the expansion comes out but right now I'm still having a blast in EQ2. Balky and Uldarre played for a while but we haven't seen them in months... I think they had some partying to do though... which arguably could be much more important :)

Cheers!
Marb
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Marbus wrote:There should still be some people in Ixtlan on Whisperwind in WoW (Mast you still there? Seebs?) then there is the people that didn't leave EQ to joing Ixtlan in WoW, they later reformed Sovereign as Sovereign Aliance on the Bloodhoof Server. They are alliance and Ixtlan is on the Horde side (as he said Nil is there, Midnyte (still?), Gaklek, Sarg etc...)
Gaklek and Nila play, but Midnyte plays EQ2 now. I was never in OG and I don't remember everyone in Sovereign who was OG. Samila, Lisa, Xorg, and Ban still play. Arch disappeared (/cry), and I could have sworn Katwood came over but I can't remember what happened to him.
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

See, that's how good my memory of that later period in OG... I could have sworn you were in for a while... heh, my bad. Maybe I just wished you had been in there because you are so cool :razz:

Marb
Seebs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Seebs »

Seeing how many players I can level to 60 in WoW. Wish I had a better game to play but this passes the time.

You can never go home again.
Seeber
looking for a WOW server
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Come over to LucanDLere and level that Templar to 70 :)
Syenye
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: asian tempest

Post by Syenye »

wow i've been out of the eq loop for too long. i thought OG was original gangstaaaaa
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

It IS!

I left Ixtlan a long time ago, but I'm still playing on teh Whisperwind.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt