Edge goes to the Cardinals

What do you think about the sports world?
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Edge goes to the Cardinals

Post by Sabek »

So Winnow what do you think of the Cardinals going out a picking up Edge?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2365467

Seems like a really nice pickup given the lack of production by Shipp, and JJ last year.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Edge has been a productive back. He's not that exciting but consistant. He's never been one of my personal favorites, but if you ignore the money it cost, it's a good signing.

QB Warner
RB E. James
WR. Fitzgerald
WR. Boldin

That's a pretty good core at the skill positions although we need a TE.

The Cardinals made two other signings including an offensive lineman. ANY help on the O-Line should make a big difference on this team's success.

As it stands, I look for the Cardinals to be 8-8 or 9-7 at best. Still have more free agency to go and the draft though.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

I still think Warner is over the hill.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

browns made a very sexy pickup this weekend with joe jurevicous and lecharles bentley =)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kelshara wrote:I still think Warner is over the hill.
Warner was not the problem last year. His numbers were fine. He got crunched a lot due to the offensive line but threw for good numbers. I'm fine with Warner as the QB for the next year or two. I do hope we pick up a QB in the mid rounds to develop in the draft.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Did they ever consistently give Shipp the ball 25-30 times a game?

The answer is no. They never gave him more than 16 carries in a game. They never gave him a chance to accel.
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

I agree. I like Shipp but that offensive line is crap. Green is not a patient coach either. If a runner is not averaging at least 5 yards every carry then he starts throwing the ball. I predict edge will get injured in early part of the season from that nasty offensive line failing to block.
Deward
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

More importantly:

Antwaan Randle El
Brandon Lloyd
Adam Archuleta
Christian Fauria

all to the Redskins.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Rellix wrote:Antwaan Randle El
Brandon Lloyd
Adam Archuleta
Christian Fauria

all to the Redskins.
That's a nice pair of receivers to get in FA. Lloyd was being wasted in S.F.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

They never gave him a chance to accel.

No one can accel, but they can excel
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Tyek wrote:

maybe they never gave him a chance to accelerate!
Stalker Vacio
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Stalker Vacio »

Seahawks are still the class of the conference. Cards may give the niners a run for the money :)
"Patience is a foolish virtue. It never gets you what you want when you want it. " -King Zad
Voidstalker
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Lloyd makes great circus catches... and drops the ones between the numbers
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Rellix wrote:More importantly:

Antwaan Randle El
Brandon Lloyd
Adam Archuleta
Christian Fauria

all to the Redskins.
woot!!! I hope Joe can make it happen this year. The QB position scares me right now though. If Brunnell can play like last year it will work out, but if his play declines we could be in trouble.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Tyek wrote:

Yeah. I know. I suck with those words sometimes. I typed out excel at first and then thought..."nah that couldn't be right, because MS Excel is spelled that way. Yeah! I must be thinking of MS Excel. I'll change it to accel." I then patted myself on the back for having caught that. *sigh*
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Edge is going to have a very, very rude awakening on the Cardinals. Going from the mosters they have on the line in Indy to the skidmarks they have passing themselves off as linemen in Arizona, I'd be suprised if he gets 800 yards next season.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

brees to NO and culpepper to miami

wtf does that do for leinarts draft hopes i wonder
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Either the Titans or Jets will land him at 3 or 4, or someone will trade up to the Saints spot for him.

Imagine if the Jets give John Abraham plus their pick for the right to draft Leinart. The Saints would have effectively gotten John Abraham, Drew Brees, and an excellent draft pick (Mario Williams? D'Brickashaw Ferguson?) for Matt Leinart. We'll see if they can pull it off.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Sueven wrote:Either the Titans or Jets will land him at 3 or 4, or someone will trade up to the Saints spot for him.

Imagine if the Jets give John Abraham plus their pick for the right to draft Leinart. The Saints would have effectively gotten John Abraham, Drew Brees, and an excellent draft pick (Mario Williams? D'Brickashaw Ferguson?) for Matt Leinart. We'll see if they can pull it off.
Kind of the opposite of what they did for Ricky Williams?
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Yeah, more or less. The thing that's really boggling is that they didn't even get the number 1 pick or the number 1 running back. I don't know if there's any player in the NFL worth an entire draft, and if there is, he's almost certainly not a running back.
Waran
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Waran

Post by Waran »

Rellix wrote:More importantly:

Antwaan Randle El
Brandon Lloyd
Adam Archuleta
Christian Fauria

all to the Redskins.
Little note on Archuleta, early on when he was with the Rams, his intensity was something to look forward to every game. He'd show up on every single play.

These past few years though, it's just not the same. Although, that could be contributed due to a shitty Defensive coach and scheme of Larry Marmie. Thank goodness that coach is finally out of town.

Archuleta was one of my favorites, again, early on. I'm sure you'll enjoy him.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

As of right now, the Browns are the winners of the off-season.

They signed LeBently to play center...which means they can either move Faine to strenghten another spot on the line or trade him for draft picks. They signed Jerevicius to go next to Braylon Edwards and have Northcutt as their 3rd WR.

They also signed a giant run stuffing DL in Ted Washington and grabbed Kevin Saffer from Atlanta for the DL.

They draft in the 12th spot and can grab an impact defensive back to help with the secondary and still be able to grab a very good linebacker in the 2nd round. They also basically get a free rookie TE with "teh warrior" coming back this year...and even though he is a fucking clown, he is going to be a good TE.

Charlie Frye will be a good QB....but I also would not be shocked to see them move up to grab Leinart or Cutler. A good QB would put them in the mix for division leader and the right moves here in FA and the draft can have them winning the division.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

not to mention that the browns are talking to mcginest right now.

im officially excited for next season.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

No way, Lions fans are the winners of the off-season.

Joey Harrington will probably be leaving the team soon. Three cheers for John Kitna!
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Current mock drafts have the Cardinals taking TE Vernon Davis at #10 out of Maryland. That would complete our skill position dominance with Warner, Edge, Boldin and Fitzgerald.

The only thing that could screw us over is Detroit's inability to draft a defensive player. With no receivers available, Detroit may take a TE. Hopefully they've been ridiculed enough that they take a defensive player for once instead of a receiver at #9 and help themselves instead of just fuck up someone elses draft again!
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Let me tell you:

I have had the pleasure of watching Vernon Davis play throughout his career, and if you get him, you will not be disappointed. He's an incredible athlete, a very hard worker, and not a kid who gets into trouble.

Maryland seems to be able to produce one nasty physical specimen per year. Last year it was Shawne Merriman, and he worked out OK. This year it's VD. But as far as who was more impressive during college, in terms of getting on the field and making things happen, there's no question that Vernon Davis was far more noticeable. The man would just drag defenders after him. He was the only thing worth cheering this year.

Even though he's very strong, he's a little small, and he might not be the blocker that some tight ends are. Fortunately, you just got Edge, who is one of the top few blocking backs in the NFL. Vernon Davis would be a great pickup for the Cards.

My last call for a can't-miss NFL prospect was Larry Fitzgerald, so you should be excited about my predictions!
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Actually I was hoping that Green Bay would trade down to pick up another pick and be able to get that big TE Vernon. We don't really need a LB or QB as our first pick in the draft.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Stay away from the new Arizona TE!

Crap. If people are liking Vernon Davis this much, there's a good chance someone will try to trade up in the draft to nab him.