Car part hunting

Cars, Autos, Horseless Carriage, Wheeled Buggy -- whatever you want to call them. Talk about them here!
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Car part hunting

Post by Kylere »

I am trying to find a decent oem equal, or decent condition used seat for my 96 Mustang GT Convertible. This is made fun by a few factors, basically seats from 78-96 will fit in my car so it would appear easy, but I want a semi decent one, power not needed but back tilt, and forward backward are mandatory (have to cram my step girls into the back seat occasionally).

Searching online is a very unhappy thing since most aftermarker seats are for 17 year olds who think formed plastic is comfortable becasue that 10 lbs of savings makes them leet in speed. The other is that mustang and seat together produces a lot of motorcycle related hits.

Anyone have any suggestions other than local junkyards ( tried them, and all the ones with "national" search ability can't. Most online parts searches are thin email gathering attempts or they actually have nothing in stock.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Get your current seats rebuilt at an upholstery shop, they can turn them into almost anything you want. If you can't afford the time, buy some similar chewed up seats at a junkyard and have them redone.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Aabidano wrote:Get your current seats rebuilt at an upholstery shop, they can turn them into almost anything you want. If you can't afford the time, buy some similar chewed up seats at a junkyard and have them redone.
I thought about that but the expense might be too high, the seats are all white leather, but my driver seat is shot, 195k miles now and it is falling apart. I am thinking about swapping both seat out for cloth ones. Leave the backseat leather for the time being since other than a few mars it is flawless.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It might be considered a 'dealer only' part (other than junkyards). I had a similar issue with the window crank thingie on a 96 Ford. Cost me $200 to be able to roll my window up because I could only get it new from Ford and wasn't able to find a used one anywhere.

I'd call a Ford service center and see what sort of price they have.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
ooloof
No Stars!

Post by ooloof »

Join a mustang forum, there should be lots. They will have parts for sale and part out forums. You will definately find what ya need.

Re-reading, if you are looking for a seat with more power tilting features than yours already has, i doubt you will find that (if tahts what ya meant).
Elder Ooloof
Retired
Zver
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Zver »