Kanye West comments on Bush

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Kanye West comments on Bush

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Mike Myers expression

http://rapidshare.de/files/4662131/Kany ... _.mpg.html

In a statement, NBC said, "Kanye West departed from the scripted comments that were prepared for him, and his opinions in no way represent the views of the networks.

"It would be most unfortunate," the statement continued, "if the efforts of the artists who participated tonight and the generosity of millions of Americans who are helping those in need are overshadowed by one person's opinion."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainmen ... 210808.stm
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Umm who? Like some second rate Puffy wannabe mattters? I have to love when some loser sells a few albums and then thinks they are special.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Sumdaor
Gets Around
Gets Around
XBL Gamertag: hatchie

Post by Sumdaor »

This is yet another example of a dumbass celebrity getting on tv and running his mouth about his political views.

I don't want to hear some rapper's opinion of the president good or bad. Really I don't.
Sumdaor-Level 60 Warrior-retired
Twinkletoez-Level 68 Bard-Retired
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Mike Myers and Chris Tuckers expressions priceless!

Chris Tucker normally got big eyes but this time! :lol:

Not what they expected!
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

This is stupid. That benefit was to raise money, not to yell out political views.
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Im actually impressed. I mean, a rapper that actually know enought to know whos the current president.
Guess hes a few IQ points above the rest.
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Jarori Bloodletter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Jarori Bloodletter »

Hes not a "rap star" as they like to portrait him..

HEs an Idiot who really cant sing well

IMO.
Eq1
Jarori Bloodletter (retired)
Emgug 85 Cleric
Fugara 85 Shaman
Jardoeni 85 Beastlord
MooZilla
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by MooZilla »

Sionistic wrote:This is stupid. That benefit was to raise money, not to yell out political views.
Maybe if the government wasnt spending all of our money on something else right now...hmm.
i am a liberal.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

It's total bullshit. Until Kanye gets in a car, drives down to NO, and picks up a goddamn shovel, or helps search for survivors, or feeds the homeless, he can shut the fuck up. We don't need a bunch of whining people complaining about the government. We need people who can bring help to that area in whatever way is possible. He should save his breath until later, and go out and do some fucking good. It's not like he HAS to be at work tomorrow at 8AM, he's got the money and resources to have the time to do something more than a benefit concert.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Kylere wrote:Umm who? Like some second rate Puffy wannabe mattters? I have to love when some loser sells a few albums and then thinks they are special.
Well here goes nothing. It is amazing to me how I went from not minding most of the people on this thread to not having an ounce of respect for any of your opinions so fast.

Kylere.. um.. Second rate puffy wannabe ? Kanye West is one of the most successful musicians out right now, he sold more copies of his first record than any of the completely shitty worthless excuses for musicians that are posted in the joke of a audio forum on this message board. Puffy sold records because of people ghost writing his lyrics and because of the peope he has on his record label.

Kanye has an original style different from almost any hip hop artist out today which makes him special, something that hip hop is in dire need of right now.
Hesten wrote:Im actually impressed. I mean, a rapper that actually know enought to know whos the current president.
Guess hes a few IQ points above the rest
Well I would like to start by telling you that coming from a foreigner, your opinion of any affair of this country means absolutely nothing. Until you move to this country shut the fuck up about what you think, likewise I will not comment on your countries affairs. It also wouldn't hurt to learn our written language a bit better before you try to post here.

Rappers are not the ignorant fools that people like you make them out to be. A lot of them came from having nothing to being very successful and intelligent business people, far beyond their career in music. Now i'm not saying there aren't some ignorant rappers, but there are also plenty of ignorant country singers, rock singers and so on.

Not to mention that you make a post like this, but I am the one that gets called prejudice(spelling?). LOL

Jarori Bloodletter wrote:Hes not a "rap star" as they like to portrait him..

HEs an Idiot who really cant sing well

IMO.
Um wow? you obviously don't know jack shit about hip hop and rap music you fucking retard.

In case any of you morons need clarification, there is a difference between rap and hip hop. Kanye west does not make rap music, he makes hip hop music.

Secondly, he isn't an r&b singer, so his singing skills are irrelevant. I would like to refer you to what I wrote to Kylere, and to also inform you of how worthless your opinion is. Although I don't necessarily like all of Kanye's music, and don't necessarily agree with his opinions, he is a successful and original musician regardless of your opinion.

And come on Noel, although he played a small part in the concert, the benefit concert he was involved in raised a good deal of money. Yeah he could do more. But why point the finger at him? it's not like he is the only celebrity that isn't down in NO searching for survivors.

I will conclude by saying that if you think that black people are not still treated different by the majority of people, including the government then you are very ignorant. So in that respect, I can't totally disagree with what he said. I agree that it was not the proper forum for him to express this opinion in, but that doesn't make him wrong.
Menelaos
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Menelaos »

Wow what a Kanye Nuthugger...the dude is terrible. Representative of the filth that young folks call music these days.
I agree that it was not the proper forum for him to express this opinion in, but that doesn't make him wrong.
Lol, saying that Bush hates black people, expressing your political views, at a benefit for the relief of a devastation like this Hurricane, is completely inappropriate, and that *makes* him wrong. LOL, Bush hates black people...haha when I heard him say that I laughed so loud. The most retarded statement I've ever heard uttered in a non-comedic broadcast, even if it were somehow true.

Anyways, stfu West Nuthugger. The guy's nothing more than a corporate sellout created by some mass-marketing corporation, like the majority, if not totality, of all the top-selling artists of today.
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Funk you whiny little bitch, shut the fuck up and quit trying to find insight in the lame ass band of the week. If you think yet another punk bitch is that impressive it explains where you get your sense of balance from, he is a puff in the night, his 15 minutes will last about another 5 months, then in 10 years he will be another where are they now. Featuring him and Vanilla Ice selling Skate Punk gear and being pissy about why the state of Florida will not let them marry.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Kanye West's "Jesus Walks" video and song are fantasitc IMO. The guy is smart and has talent. It is in the same tone as the Jadakiss song called "Why". I don't like rap at all. I don't care for hip-hop either, but once in awhile a song will strike a chord with me and I'll try and find out more about the artist.

Kanye made a choice to make his statmenet at that place and time, but he's been manking the exact same statement for years. The producers shouldn't have been shocked or amazed when he went off on Bush during a live event. They shouldn't have had him there at all IMO. I blame the producers. I also think Kanye exagerated the truth a bit to make his point, but the core of his argument were true. He has a passion for his own beliefs. While I certianly do not condone his timing to share his opinion at that particular place and time, one cannot argue with his results. I don't think he's stupid at all.
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

Heh, unfortunately this countries politics are in the hands of millions of uninformed idiots who are easily persuaded by characteristics of politicians that have absolutely nothing to do with there political issues. If Kanye can get a few stupid kids to stand against the extremist conservative movement then maybe we can cancel out a couple of crispies on the other side

about helping the hurricane movement, isnt using you free time to help raise millions of dollars through a relief effort more effective then taking a shovel down to NO?
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer
Sumdaor
Gets Around
Gets Around
XBL Gamertag: hatchie

Post by Sumdaor »

about helping the hurricane movement, isnt using you free time to help raise millions of dollars through a relief effort more effective then taking a shovel down to NO?
Yeah it would if you where at said celebrity fund raiser to help the relief effort instead of making moronic political statements.
If Kanye can get a few stupid kids to stand against the extremist conservative movement then maybe we can cancel out a couple of crispies on the other side
Does anyone really think GW was in the White House and said "Oh its a bunch of blackies, lets hold up on that relief effort!!" All this did was make Kayne West sound like a moron.

There is a time and place to make those kind of statements and a relief effort isn't it.
Sumdaor-Level 60 Warrior-retired
Twinkletoez-Level 68 Bard-Retired
Jarori Bloodletter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Jarori Bloodletter »

noel wrote:It's total bullshit. Until Kanye gets in a car, drives down to NO, and picks up a goddamn shovel, or helps search for survivors, or feeds the homeless, he can shut the fuck up. We don't need a bunch of whining people complaining about the government. We need people who can bring help to that area in whatever way is possible. He should save his breath until later, and go out and do some fucking good. It's not like he HAS to be at work tomorrow at 8AM, he's got the money and resources to have the time to do something more than a benefit concert.
Indeed!

Plus hes IS a NO talent Hack.
Eq1
Jarori Bloodletter (retired)
Emgug 85 Cleric
Fugara 85 Shaman
Jardoeni 85 Beastlord
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

Funkmasterr wrote:It is amazing to me how I went from not minding most of the people on this thread to not having an ounce of respect for any of your opinions so fast.
*angst*

I'm not sure how Bush feels about black folks...I am sure how he considers poor folks...
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

Sumdaor wrote:
Yeah it would if you where at said celebrity fund raiser to help the relief effort instead of making moronic political statements.
If Kanye can get a few stupid kids to stand against the extremist conservative movement then maybe we can cancel out a couple of crispies on the other side
Does anyone really think GW was in the White House and said "Oh its a bunch of blackies, lets hold up on that relief effort!!" All this did was make Kayne West sound like a moron.

There is a time and place to make those kind of statements and a relief effort isn't it.
of course not, just like noone with logic thinks that homosexual marriage and nudity in the media is leading to the decline of a "once moral" (lol) society...yet winning over some morons with stupid half truth retoric is one of the most successful ways to get your political message through...look how well it worked for GW just a few months ago
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Funkmasterr wrote:And come on Noel, although he played a small part in the concert, the benefit concert he was involved in raised a good deal of money. Yeah he could do more. But why point the finger at him? it's not like he is the only celebrity that isn't down in NO searching for survivors.
I almost posted that I thought it was great that he did a benefit concert, and raised money for the cause, and I take nothing away from THAT action. However do you realize that in a way he has potentially tainted that benefit concert by bringing up such a polarizing issue?

Personally, I don't believe that W. hates any one group specifically. I just think he's oblivious to most things, and doesn't really care if it doesn't affect whatever it is he's trying to accomplish. I also don't know or care who Kanye West is. I'm sure I'd recognize his songs if I heard them, but I'd be saying the exact same thing if a white electronica artist made the comment. Now is not the fucking time. Now is not the time to raise racial tension, and polarize things back to black versus white. At a time like this, when that area needs as much aid, as much rebuilding and as much assistance as possible, someone with a public voice on a television show should be motivating people to do some good instead of giving everyone in Katrina's wake another reason to be stressed out.

Oh, and to be clear, don't take my statement about, he should be doing much more as an indictment of Kanye alone. I think that applies to all people with the means to be down there helping. The reality though is that if Kanye believe that black people are being neglected by our government and if he believes that this is an incident where black people are heavily invovled, it makes no sense to me that he's not doing more to help. Leading by example and whatnot. Also, please don't take this as a defense of Bush in any way. I just don't want to turn this into a political bullshit argument thread so I'm not interested in going over W's record.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Sumdaor wrote:Does anyone really think GW was in the White House and said "Oh its a bunch of blackies, lets hold up on that relief effort!!" All this did was make Kayne West sound like a moron.

Actually I bet we have never had a president that did not use racist terms like blackies or worse. Certainly none prior to FDR were enlightened enough. Truman oh yeah. Ike may not have because he talked spoke of great the great respect he had for the black soldier during WW2 several times, but I still have a feeling he may have used racist terms, Kennedy? Yeah he did, they were all foul mouthed in private. Johnson? Man Johnson was Deep South old and white. Nixon did, on tape even. Ford LOL is there a question here? Carter, rich white man from the deep south, leads to Reagan oh come on you know he did, Bush 1, yep, Clinton yeah but I bet he was trying to "fit in" somewhere being the consumate politician. Bush 2 Oh yeah you know it, wannabe texan.
She Dreams in Digital
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Did it ever occur to you that Carter and Clinton (just as an example) had more compassion for the southern black communities because they'd seen them firsthand?

It's so cute when you espouse your 'knowledge' of shit you have absolutely zero knowledge about. You're dangerously close to being ignored forever.
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

noel wrote:Did it ever occur to you that Carter and Clinton (just as an example) had more compassion for the southern black communities because they'd seen them firsthand?

It's so cute when you espouse your 'knowledge' of shit you have absolutely zero knowledge about. You're dangerously close to being ignored forever.
Please do ignore me, you whiny little bitch. Every redneck for 200 years in Arkansas saw how bad it was they still fought a war for in large part keeping them slaves.

Carter and Clinton are southern good old boys, or they would never have been elected in their home states. 90% of everyoine I deal with who is white is to some degree prejudiced, they just answer otherwise on surveys. BTW I love that of more than 10 presidents you picked democrats.
She Dreams in Digital
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Boo fuckin hoo, West is right on when he says Bush doesn't give a fuck about blacks.

Fair play to him.

Edit : This quote added for truth
The guy's nothing more than a corporate sellout created by some mass-marketing corporation, like the majority, if not totality, of all the top-selling artists of today.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Kylere wrote:
noel wrote:Did it ever occur to you that Carter and Clinton (just as an example) had more compassion for the southern black communities because they'd seen them firsthand?

Please do ignore me, you whiny little bitch. Every redneck for 200 years in Arkansas saw how bad it was they still fought a war for in large part keeping them slaves.

Carter and Clinton are southern good old boys, or they would never have been elected in their home states. 90% of everyoine I deal with who is white is to some degree prejudiced, they just answer otherwise on surveys. BTW I love that of more than 10 presidents you picked democrats.
I picked those two Presidents because of specifically: Carter's work well after his presidency and Clinton's own statements regarding the black communities that he made after his presidency.

Grats you irrelevance.

Nick, Bush doesn't care about anyone. It's not just black people.
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Carter became a better man after being President than he did while being president. He blew foreign affairs for 4 years and has honorably been working on those and domestic issues ever since.

Bubba is Bubba, and no one becomes the governor of Arkansas without a few racial epithets, welcome to reality, but I guess you missed this exit a few years ago Noel.
She Dreams in Digital
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Menelaos wrote:Wow what a Kanye Nuthugger...the dude is terrible. Representative of the filth that young folks call music these days.
I agree that it was not the proper forum for him to express this opinion in, but that doesn't make him wrong.
Lol, saying that Bush hates black people, expressing your political views, at a benefit for the relief of a devastation like this Hurricane, is completely inappropriate, and that *makes* him wrong. LOL, Bush hates black people...haha when I heard him say that I laughed so loud. The most retarded statement I've ever heard uttered in a non-comedic broadcast, even if it were somehow true.

Anyways, stfu West Nuthugger. The guy's nothing more than a corporate sellout created by some mass-marketing corporation, like the majority, if not totality, of all the top-selling artists of today.
You are an idiot. Unless you stopped listening to music in the 70's, would you care to tell me what you listen to that is so superior to rap music ? 99.9% of rock music made after 1985 is 100% garbage. No that is not opinion, that is a fact, and no one elses opinion matters on the subject because I am right, period.

Kylere wrote:Funk you whiny little bitch, shut the fuck up and quit trying to find insight in the lame ass band of the week. If you think yet another punk bitch is that impressive it explains where you get your sense of balance from, he is a puff in the night, his 15 minutes will last about another 5 months, then in 10 years he will be another where are they now. Featuring him and Vanilla Ice selling Skate Punk gear and being pissy about why the state of Florida will not let them marry.
You know, not that I think I will be posting on this forum in another ten years if I keep having to listen to some of the retards here. But I wish I was to prove how pathetically wrong you end up being.

I don't even really like Kanye's new cd. But I don't have to like something to realize talent. He has gone away from the normal shooting gang banging shit that most rappers talk about. He talks about important issues across the board, yes he does have a few bling bling songs, but thats not the majority of his music. Not to mention he is a talented producer, which is why he has been making money selling beats for a SOLID TEN YEARS by now.. But yeah, I see exactly what you are saying.

Oh and all of you who have tried to rebute me by saying how this wasn't the time and place for him to do this, you obviously can't or didn't read my post, because I said right in my post that I agree it wasn't the right time. But once again, this doesn't make him wrong. And I did not single out GW and say he is racist, I am saying that the majority of this entire country, government included is still racist in one degree or another to black people.
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

funk have you ever tried listening to jam bands? they are pretty much the only music around that isnt manufactured to any degree,
most of the music is improvisational (very few studio albums with 95% of there music sources being from live shows) with southern rock, psychedelic, bluegrass, fusion, jazz, ambient, trance and blues influence with sounds a lot like the allman brothers and grateful dead

download some phish, string cheese incident, widespread panic, perpetual groove, medeski martin & wood, moe., ratdog , keller williams and some particle then get back to me

When it comes to phish il throw you a little hint, fast forward most of there songs to around 1/3rd in…because there vocals are horrible and you can only understand there lyrics if your on acid if even then I would imagine….but once they start jamming out they are fucking amazing
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

To give you the benefit of the doubt, I will check a few of them out when I get home from the cabin tomorrow and tell you what I think.
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Yeah yeah keep swallowing lamemusician of the week cum, maybe that way you will not feel so bad that your woman does not swallow yours.
She Dreams in Digital
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Kylere wrote:Yeah yeah keep swallowing lamemusician of the week cum, maybe that way you will not feel so bad that your woman does not swallow yours.
WOW... you are so clever... did you learn that from someone or make it up on your own ?
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Funkmasterr wrote:You are an idiot. Unless you stopped listening to music in the 70's, would you care to tell me what you listen to that is so superior to rap music ? 99.9% of rock music made after 1985 is 100% garbage. No that is not opinion, that is a fact, and no one elses opinion matters on the subject because I am right, period.
Which is of course why all of rap music is sampled from so many 80's songs.. because it sucks so bad. Which is also why 80's flashback type movies, songs, bands are still so popular some 20 years afterwards.. because it sucks so bad. Do you think in 20 years we're going to be watching rap flashbacks? Please. When's the last time you saw a re-run of Yo! MTV raps? How about.. say, never? Because nobody gives a fuck. It sucked then, sucks now, and will still suck in 20 years. I couldn't tell you a single song Kenya boy does and couldn't give a craps corn nugget less if him and Puff.. P.Did.. Diddy.. Shoot each other in a debate for relevance.

Back to the point, it was the wrong time to do what he did and completely inappropriate.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Despite the absolutely most atrocious non zing of the week(year?) from Kylere there, he is right about jam bands.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Siji wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:You are an idiot. Unless you stopped listening to music in the 70's, would you care to tell me what you listen to that is so superior to rap music ? 99.9% of rock music made after 1985 is 100% garbage. No that is not opinion, that is a fact, and no one elses opinion matters on the subject because I am right, period.
Which is of course why all of rap music is sampled from so many 80's songs.. because it sucks so bad. Which is also why 80's flashback type movies, songs, bands are still so popular some 20 years afterwards.. because it sucks so bad. Do you think in 20 years we're going to be watching rap flashbacks? Please. When's the last time you saw a re-run of Yo! MTV raps? How about.. say, never? Because nobody gives a fuck. It sucked then, sucks now, and will still suck in 20 years. I couldn't tell you a single song Kenya boy does and couldn't give a craps corn nugget less if him and Puff.. P.Did.. Diddy.. Shoot each other in a debate for relevance.

Back to the point, it was the wrong time to do what he did and completely inappropriate.
Wow, so glad you posted your opinion. But in case you missed it the first time I said it. You are wrong, I was not opening a discussion, I was stating a fact. I am right and you are wrong and that is the end of the story. Yes I am that conceited that I really believe what I am saying.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

That is indeed a compelling argument, I'm still with siji though in this case and if I'm wrong then believe me on this, ignorance is bliss :lol: :twisted:
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

There's nothing wrong with Rap or Hip Hop music. It might not be *your* taste, but there's nothing wrong with it. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. Kanye West's music is completely irrelevant in this conversation. Just like Kylere... who will now be ignored for as usual, contributing nothing but his idiocy to this board. I only wish I'd ignored him sooner.
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

Nick wrote:Despite the absolutely most atrocious non zing of the week(year?) from Kylere there, he is right about jam bands.
how can you associate any jam band with "lame musician of the week"?
most of the biggest jam bands around today have been going for a good 10-20 years and have a very large following despite 0 radio/ TV time (radio doesnt like 25 min songs 8) )
also you will find the worlds most talented rock/jazz musicians in these, only a very small handfull of guitarists could dream of keeping up with trey anistasio for instance
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

He was angry and said what he wanted to say. More power to him. Is he right? That's up to the individual to decide. Why are we even discussing music? He didn't say 'George Bush doesn't care about black music'.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Dregor Thule wrote:He was angry and said what he wanted to say. More power to him. Is he right?
no, people only have the right to say what they want to say if the popular majority agrees with them.

america was once a country where people were encouraged to express their opinions.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

noel wrote:There's nothing wrong with Rap or Hip Hop music. It might not be *your* taste, but there's nothing wrong with it. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. Kanye West's music is completely irrelevant in this conversation.
Actually, it sort of isn't. A good many of his lyrics deal with racial and/or socio/economic repression and how it's a perpetuating system.

He's very vocal about these sorts of things. Him speaking up is not a shock to me at all. I tried not to get involved on this thread. Seeing as it's in GD means that a ton of people with no information but huge opinions were going to be chomping at the bit.

Anyways, that's all I have to say.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

So when a black artist does it at a benefit, everyone busts a nut, but when Celine Dion does it on Larry King, noone even mentions it....
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

kyoukan wrote:
Dregor Thule wrote:He was angry and said what he wanted to say. More power to him. Is he right?
no, people only have the right to say what they want to say if the popular majority agrees with them.

america was once a country where people were encouraged to express their opinions.
It still is!! Is he in Jail? No he is not! But he said it and now he has to live with the repercuissions Ala Dixie Chicks.

You see the nice thing about this country Kooky is he can bitch and whine all he wants but I and anyone else can bitch and whine back.
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Animalor wrote:So when a black artist does it at a benefit, everyone busts a nut, but when Celine Dion does it on Larry King, noone even mentions it....

We are all trying to ignore the bitch and really wish she had never left Canada, if it had not been for Peter Jennings, Michael J. Fox, and Bill Shatner we may have declared war over Celine.
She Dreams in Digital
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Which is of course why all of rap music is sampled from so many 80's songs.. because it sucks so bad.
I don't really care for Kanye West, but in his defense, all of the samples (except for 1 run DMC sample) used on his new album are from the 40s, 50s and 60s....
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Xzion I think you misread what I said, I didn't at all state that jam bands were anything like the lame musician bands of the week. I was agreeing with Kylere that they fuckin rock (unless their a crap one :P)

Learn to read.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

WE WANT PRENUP
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

Nick wrote:Xzion I think you misread what I said, I didn't at all state that jam bands were anything like the lame musician bands of the week. I was agreeing with Kylere that they fuckin rock (unless their a crap one :P)

Learn to read.
kylere never said they rock!
you bastards are fucking with me :-x
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Can we please make Funkmasterr the mod for the audio section. I mean come on the guy said he is right PERIOD. So we should all bow down to him. Jesus man you are stupid. If you enjoy rap so much great, but people can enjoy other types of music.

There are many bands out today (U2 for one) that make relevant great music, and I would argue that some of the most vibrant social rap was developed 20 years ago by Boogie Down Productions and Public Enemy, most of the rap today is manufactured crap with manufactured rivalries.

As for someone not expressing his point in proper english, Hesten can say whatever the fuck he wants. You make fun of his english, but I bet you are in your car rapping the words, fo-shizzle and nizzle. You do not own the board so your opinion is your opinion not the word of God.

While many on this board rip the US all the time, the great thing about our country is they have that right. Just like you have the right to bitch like a little 6 year old when your girlfriend cried after posting. I have never ever ignored a person on this board, but wow I may just skip your blathering idiocy from now on.

edit - oh and I forgot the best part, you started this shit even when you did agree to what everyone said. Kanye may well believe what he said, but by saying what he did, when he did, he may have in fact turned some people off to the overall message. The next day, many of the stars were still being interviewed and he could have stated his opinion without possibly hurting the fundraising efforts.

I do hope my attempts at english meet your rigorous standards.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I would argue that some of the most vibrant social rap was developed 20 years ago by Boogie Down Productions and Public Enemy
No need to argue, sir.
You are 110% correct.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Cracc
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cracc »

Kayne west must have tourette's hahaha.
I laughed my ass of at that clip, was like watching a fat socially disfunctional kid screaming "fuck ass" during sunday school. :)