Feed your addiction for free...

Everquest related info only here, quests, help, info, recruiting, etc.
Dal-KoE
Gets Around
Gets Around

Feed your addiction for free...

Post by Dal-KoE »

Expect this in your inbox soon (if not already there).
SoE wrote: Hot Days of Summer

The pavement is melting, the grass is brittle, and every living thing with an ounce of sense is lying low where it’s cool. But this summer you can still enjoy the great outdoors without suffering the blistering heat and slathering on SPF 5000—get into the great indoors with EverQuest®!

We’ve reactivated your closed EverQuest account so you can play EverQuest again for FREE for up to 21 days! Just log in to reactivate your account and get back into the adventure while keeping cool. Your characters and equipment are here, just as you left them**.

Coming Back Is Easy!

The 21-day FREE service period begins when you log in and continues for 21 consecutive days, but to take advantage of this limited time offer you must log in before 11:59 P.M. (PST) October 31, 2005. Please remember that when your 21-day free service period expires or is terminated, your account will not remain active without you entering valid payment information to re-activate billing. This offer is not available for Station accounts that currently have an active EverQuest subscription or Station Access™ subscription or for EverQuest or Station Access accounts that were terminated by SOE.

Now Brimming with updated creatures and loot.

EverQuest is packed with classic fantasy adventures. From the sun-parched sands of the Desert of Ro, teeming with mummies and fearsome sand giants, to the frozen tundra of the Everfrost Peaks where you can join a mammoth hunt, EverQuest has it all. But don’t be lulled by these familiar playgrounds of your character’s youth—things are not as you remember them! Upgraded creatures and brand new loot has been added to the stomping grounds you once knew.

Visit the new bazaar to pick up the latest and greatest armor and weapons, and venture out into the wilds of Norrath from the easily accessible Plane of Knowledge, available to all players.

EverQuest is always growing. See what’s new and different now!

If you can’t remember your Station username or password, just click on the link below the login box of the EverQuest client to get your information refreshed.

** Please note that we have recently concluded EverQuest server mergers and the old server(s) you played on may have been merged into a different server(s). When you log in you will be able to see the names of the old servers in parentheses next to the name of the server that it has been merged into. In addition, your old character(s) have been deleted and are not available if the character(s) were less than level 10 and had not been played during the 6-month period prior to the EverQuest server mergers.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Fired it up this morning for the first time in over a year. My pre-RoK level 16 paladin is still there hanging in NFP in his oh so uber FS armor :)

Going to have to run around and annoy people tonight.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Even if it was free I don't think I'd bother playing it. Down with EQ!
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

I think its unfair.
All old users get free 21 days, but us current faithfull users get shit :(
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Nneena
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Nneena »

miir wrote:Even if it was free I don't think I'd bother playing it. Down with EQ!
<cough>

I recall seeing a tell from a certain bard a week or so ago! You should come back though, we have a lot of shields rotting now that you aren't playing.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

LOL, I was just poking fun at ASSlana with that comment.

I have station access thingy which gives me EQ, SWG and EQ2 (and soon MxO) for like $22 a month. I pop on yo EQ every now and again but there's really nothing compelling me to play again...
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

teehee.. Asslana.... man that never gets old....
Canoe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Canoe »

Hrmm... I wonder even if I didn't get that e-mail (my address has changed) if my account is still active?
Ajran
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Ajran »

Nneena wrote:
miir wrote:Even if it was free I don't think I'd bother playing it. Down with EQ!
<cough>

I recall seeing a tell from a certain bard a week or so ago! You should come back though, we have a lot of shields rotting now that you aren't playing.
HAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHH!!!
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Ah Oceanus the shieldmaiden of Farstorm. :)
Sabek
Just Sabek
Dexail
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Dexail »

Canooooe!

Happy Birthday bud!
Dex
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I may havta try and score the media again to login my beastlord one last time.
Avryce
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Avryce »

Believe you can do it all as a download without media now. I was thinking of bringing back Av just to torment Aslanna but really I can't find the motivation. Although tormenting Aslanna is fun.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Animalor wrote:I may havta try and score the media again to login my beastlord one last time.
http://eqlive.station.sony.com/support/ ... rQuest.zip

Download and run that. It's the latest patcher.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Raistin
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Raistin »

man id log in for free if i didnt sell my account for a new car.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

I downloaded the game and tried to log on, but it said only one server was up when I tried. I think you can only play a couple expansions too.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Durew
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Durew »

Raistin wrote:man id log in for free if i didnt sell my account for a new car.
the char Raistin is being put to good use as a wizard box atm :)
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Hesten wrote:I think its unfair.
All old users get free 21 days, but us current faithfull users get shit :(
That's incorrect. We get a nice bulk charge on our credit cards for Sony screwing up the billing for their increased rates a few months ago.

They screw up, and we still have to pay for it. Gotta love em'!
Dal-KoE
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dal-KoE »

Dexail wrote:Canooooe!
Canoobage!

Was good to see you logon again last night, Canoe.... now get those GoD / OoW maps downloaded.
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I think I'll DL the .exe and give good ol EQ a free run again :P Do I log into Luclin? Do I have access to all the expansions I own or am I limited because it's free?
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

It's about 5.5 hours to DL everything EQ, including preorder for the next expansion. Not bad really. I'm actually looking forward to wandering for awhile. I think I had like 700 AAs or some shit. Good times!
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Fairweather Pure wrote:It's about 5.5 hours to DL everything EQ, including preorder for the next expansion. Not bad really. I'm actually looking forward to wandering for awhile. I think I had like 700 AAs or some shit. Good times!
When you realize you don't recognize more than 1 or 2 names out of hundreds.. you get depressed.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Well, actual DL time was around 4 hours. I was happy to see EQ runs at 1920 x 1200.

Man, it took me forever to relearn how to play. Hell, took me 5 minutes of just relearning how to move around! I almost shit my pants when I was on for less than 15 minutes when I recieved a /tell from one of the first frineds I ever made in EQ 6ish years ago. He is casual as you can get, so I guess the stars were aligned or something.

Within the first 1/2 hour, I was retagged into Primus Exodus and relearning the ropes in PoS. I don't see myself renewing EQ, but I was happy to play my druid again, that's for sure. Damn, that fucker has a million different ways of doing DPS. It's almost too much to take in all at once. It makes me realize how uber my EQ druid is compared to my WoW druid. I'm a puss in that game :(
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Winnow <Celestial Tomb> is still tagged. There hasn't been another CT on since April according to the guild window.

It looks like Cestus Dei is the only show left in town. It was nice to see a few familiar names still with them but otherwise, zones seemed pretty empty with just a handful of toons running around with names I didn't recognize. I /bit them anyway. It looks like they're a lot more liberal with names these days as well.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I'll add you to my friends list. We can go be un-uber together :P

PE seems to have really taken the hit from WoW and EQ2. There are very few familiar faces in the crowd, but the ones that are there are good people. I'll hang out with them until my 21 days are over.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

It was a much better game after 18 months of hindsight than it was to actually play again.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Winnow wrote:There hasn't been another CT on since April according to the guild window.
Should take a look at the last login for Fluffy Bunnies. I think Ogbar was the last person to log on in the last year.
Winnow wrote:It looks like they're a lot more liberal with names these days as well.
Annoyingly so.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

All those things that made people leave are pretty much still there. If you didn't like playing EQ and quit more than likely there isn't really any reason to make you come back and keep playing.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Aslanna wrote:All those things that made people leave are pretty much still there. If you didn't like playing EQ and quit more than likely there isn't really any reason to make you come back and keep playing.
Would have to disagree with that to a point.. having taken two years off or so and come back, there was a lot that was different and that I think made/makes the game more enjoyable. Granted, it's still the same skeleton, but the skin and such has been improved. Guess it would depend on how long ago one left the game. If it was GoD or OoW then yeah, no point coming back. If it was Velious.. it would be a big change for you.
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Most of the PE went to IO (atm i forget what IO stands for cause work rots the brain). Ainamaf my pocket cleric is still tagged PE though. Yes i have been playin eq pretty consistantly for the passed month or so. Got Ironfoot's 1.5 almost complete! Be sure any of u old timers that log on send the Noy a tell (on ironfoot)!
Sick Balls!
Moonwynd
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Moonwynd »

Infinite Oddballs

:wink:
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Siji wrote: Should take a look at the last login for Fluffy Bunnies. I think Ogbar was the last person to log on in the last year.
I'll fix that tonight or tomorrow. I'll run Winni <Fluffy Bunnies> over to the Tiger's Roar and grab a seat at Ogbar's table. I hope the bartender isn't around like usual as Winni is a poor gnome having financed Winnow's collection of ass pants.