Mountain Dew Energy

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Mountain Dew Energy

Post by Dregor Thule »

I was wondering if someone from the states could post the amount of caffeine in a can of regular Mountain Dew. They've got a new brand of MD up here called Mountain Dew Energy, and I'm wondering if it's just some way for them to get around the weird Ontario law banning any non-dark drink from having Caffeine. It's being touted as a "Natural Health Product" and has a Recommended Dose. It's Medicinal Ingredients (I shit you not) PER 710 mL: CAFFEINE 109mg. So that's for it's suggested "dose" of 2 cans "as needed" (710 mL). I swear to god I'm not making this up.

So yeah. I'm just curious if they got around the law by making it some health drink instead of pop.

Tastes normal at least!
Raistin
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Raistin »

Caffeine amounts in popular soft drinks per 12 oz cans:

SOFT DRINK/CAFFEINE LEVEL (mgs)

Mountain Dew/55.0 (no caffeine in Canada)

Diet Mountain Dew/55.0

Coca-Cola/45.6

Diet-Cola/45.6

7 Up/0

.34 seconds on google!
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

:( thanks.

nm. So basically I'm right, it's just the Mountain Dew you guys get down there with a different packaging and gimmick. Ok!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

WTF kind of law is that? It sounds like that goofy shit they pull in Utah.
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I'd file that law under "R" for "Retarded".
- Ash
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

same as all dumb laws got started I imagine. some retard in government was watching his caffiene intake and thought that costing the beverage industry untold amounts of money so he could have his pet legislation passed would be a perfectly fine idea..

though lots of soft drink companies are marketing hyper caffinated beverages, usually under their logo and branding them as 'energy drinks' to cater to the ravers I guess.

in quebec it's illegal to sell yellow margerine because supposedly it confuses consumers about the difference between that and real butter. granted that was passed because of lobbying by the dairy federation.

does anyone know why dairy boards are always so fucking politically influencial?
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

I have no idea why the law is there. It's been discussed here before (in a thread about stupid laws). There are countless reasons why it was brought into effect. Do I think it's stupid? Of course, I have half a brain. Do I really care? Not anymore, I've got my Mountain Dew Energy(tm)!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

kyoukan wrote:does anyone know why dairy boards are always so fucking politically influencial?
Because cows squirt, shit, and are even completely composed of money.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

mt. dew has like 3 energy drinks here.. AMP Monster, and that new shit they were sending people in giant metal canisters over the internet.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

kyoukan wrote:same as all dumb laws got started I imagine. some retard in government was watching his caffiene intake and thought that costing the beverage industry untold amounts of money so he could have his pet legislation passed would be a perfectly fine idea..

though lots of soft drink companies are marketing hyper caffinated beverages, usually under their logo and branding them as 'energy drinks' to cater to the ravers I guess.

in quebec it's illegal to sell yellow margerine because supposedly it confuses consumers about the difference between that and real butter. granted that was passed because of lobbying by the dairy federation.
We have yellow margerine here (took a while to aclimatise to the white marg in the US), but we also don't allow 'soft drinks' other than colas to contain caffiene.

I would see the law as inconsequential as opposed to stupid. It means parents don't have to do research when their kid asks for a soda, but certainly doesn't harm or disadvantage anyone particularly.

Energy drinks, sports drinks, etc, are considered a different class; hence Red Bull can be sold here, but it looks different to a can of soda, etc. All that aside, over consumption of sports drinks will hurt you faster than ODing on caffiene.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Peeps should be eating Cacao instead of caffeine anyways!
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

OMG, I got the Cocao Chunks from Natures First Choice... I can only eat them with Ice Cream, and even then if I get a big bite of cocao, it almost gags me. Is there a better tasting type of cocao?..
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Shanter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Shanter »

You all should just drink water, it's cheaper and it's all your body needs.

Maybe a little sweet tea too
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Ransure wrote:OMG, I got the Cocao Chunks from Natures First Choice... I can only eat them with Ice Cream, and even then if I get a big bite of cocao, it almost gags me. Is there a better tasting type of cocao?..
:!:

You're off Team Cacao!

I warned several times that they don't taste good. I chomp them down with reckless abandon though. To me it's like eating bland tastless chopped up peanuts or something. They aren't really a food to eat for taste, it's more to get them into your stomach and let them go to work the best way possible.

They work for me! I haven't had any caffeine since I started up with Cacao about seven weeks ago. I'm not quite halfway through the 2.5lb bag I originally bought of them. Looks like I'll need to restock every four months or so.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

wtf is cacao?
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Xouqoa wrote:wtf is cacao?
Who is this Xouqoa guy who doesn't even read the boards??
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!