Chappelle Show 3rd Season Production Halted!!!

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Chappelle Show 3rd Season Production Halted!!!

Post by Voronwë »

HOLY SHEET

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/0 ... index.html

was supposed to debut 5/31......now word?!??!
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

CC is still advertising the new season for 5/31. Im pretty sure they finished a couple of episodes before that. His last season had like what, 12 episodes? I figure hes made a couple already.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

yeah they've got some completed, the point is though if there are some seriously production issues between Chappelle's team and Comedy Central, I doubt Chappelle is going to let them air the show (yeah i think he has that much leverage based on the 3rd season dollar figures - though i'm totallly talking out of my ass).
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Rumor I heard is that Dave is basically MIA. Even tho there are a lot of shows that are complete there is no Chappelle to do the thing with the live audience. I hope it works itself out but it sounds like Dave might get sued, might get nasty
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

this could really piss me off
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

I'm betting my farm on, he's perfectly fine, and this is all a genius fucking move to get everyone on the entire planet to tune in to the show ;)
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

Truant wrote:I'm betting my farm on, he's perfectly fine, and this is all a genius fucking move to get everyone on the entire planet to tune in to the show ;)
lets start a PR firm!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

OH NOS!, where are all the white kids gonna get their catchphrases this year?
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

miir wrote:OH NOS!, where are all the white kids gonna get their catchphrases this year?
Well, there is still Napoleon Dynamite!
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Canelek wrote:
miir wrote:OH NOS!, where are all the white kids gonna get their catchphrases this year?
Your mom goes to college.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Canelek wrote:
That was last year...
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

miir wrote:
Canelek wrote:
That was last year...
We ARE talking about white kids.
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

last year....you're the one with the "cowbell" joke in your title!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Voronwë wrote:last year....you're the one with the "cowbell" joke in your title!
I'm rick james, bitch!
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

Whats wrong with cowbell?... :p
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

I watched Napoleon Dynamite earlier on for the first time.

It was the most unfunny thing I think I have ever seen.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

No, the most unfunny thing is that stupid will ferrel cowbell thing in his SNL audition.. Or anything with him in it. Or with chris farley in it.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

hmm, contract negotiations?
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I think he had just renegotiated after last season. I remember reading something about him getting a percentage of the sales of the full season DVD's as part of it.
Brotha
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Brotha »

Saw this on the Drudge Report the other day:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7773670/site/newsweek
Freedom of speech makes it much easier to spot the idiots.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Funkmasterr wrote:No, the most unfunny thing is that stupid will ferrel cowbell thing in his SNL audition.. Or anything with him in it. Or with chris farley in it.
If I disagree will you spit in my face and then shoot me?
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

From brotha's link
May 16 issue - "I'm so sorry," says Dave Chappelle, chuckling as he shakes hands with a visiting journalist. "This is a terrible way to meet a person." It is late afternoon and Chappelle has a long night of work ahead, so the introduction is a bit rushed. But more than likely, he's referring to the fact that he's covered in blackface, with white painted lips, white gloves, a red vest, a black cane and a Pullman Porter cap. Yes, that's definitely it. It is November 2004, just a few weeks into shooting on the third season of "Chappelle's Show"—a process that will soon become far more tortured than anyone ever expected. At the moment, though, all is tranquil. Today's scenes are part of a delicately titled sketch, "The N----r Pixie,"
ok, I have officialy died.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

miir wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:No, the most unfunny thing is that stupid will ferrel cowbell thing in his SNL audition.. Or anything with him in it. Or with chris farley in it.
If I disagree will you spit in my face and then shoot me?
I must have missed this famous post.. was it anything to do with spitting on people he's rear-ended? :twisted:
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Whoa, interesting infoz:

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1059677_3_0_,00.html

Comedian Dave Chappelle has checked himself into a mental health facility in South Africa and has remained there since late April, according to a source close to the situation. The same source denies rumors of drug abuse. Other sources have also told EW that the future of Chappelle's Show — the hit Comedy Central series that was entering its third season — is more uncertain than the network has suggested.

Comedy Central last week made a hasty announcement that the show's third season, already delayed from its planned February start, had been postponed again. The network said it remained ''optimistic'' that production could resume. The highly rated sketch series has been a huge moneymaker for Viacom, which owns Comedy Central. Its second season is about to be released on DVD, on the heels of first-season sales that made it the top-selling television DVD in history.

Thanks in large part to the DVD sales, Chappelle last year netted a $50 million deal for co-writing and starring in the show. Sketches to fill about four episodes in the third season have been taped, but Chappelle's interstitial material with live audiences has not. The fate of the sketches has not been determined.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Not looking good for Mr. Chappelle. I've read a couple of other sources on this, and it looks like he had some sort of mental meltdown.
Waran
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Waran

Post by Waran »

New news on the AP wire about Chappelle:
AP wrote:NEW YORK - Comedian Dave Chappelle wants to set things straight: "I'm not crazy, I'm not smoking crack," he tells Time magazine in an interview more than a week after his hit Comedy Central show was suspended and the rumors started to fly.

"I'm definitely stressed out," said Chappelle, who took off last month to South Africa for a "spiritual retreat," leaving his fans — and even his agent and publicist — wondering where he went.

"You hear so many voices jockeying for position in your mind that you want to make sure that you hear your own voice," he said. "So I figured, let me just cut myself off from everybody, take a minute and pull a Flintstone — stop a speeding car by using my bare feet as the brakes."

After Comedy Central announced that the planned May 31 debut of the third season of "Chappelle's Show" had been postponed, the magazine Entertainment Weekly reported that Chappelle had checked himself into a mental health facility in South Africa.

"I'm not in a mental facility," said Chappelle, who also said he did not have a drug problem but had consulted a psychiatrist for one 40-minute visit.

The 31-year-old comedian said he fled to stay with friends in Durban because he wasn't happy with the direction of the show, which is behind only "South Park" as Comedy Central's most-watched program.

"There's a lot of resistance to my opinions, so I decided, 'Let me remove myself from this situation,'" Chappelle said.

Comedy Central president Doug Herzog told Time that the star has "complete creative freedom." He has told staff he believes there won't be a "Chappelle's Show" in 2005, but leaves the option open for the comedian's return.

Chappelle, whose wife and two children live in Ohio, said he hopes to start up the show again, but did not indicate when he would return.

Comedy Central had inked a reported $50 million deal to keep "Chappelle's Show" for two more seasons, and the comedian hinted to Time about struggles associated with the power and fame that come with that kind of success.

"If you don't have the right people around you, and you're moving at a million miles an hour, you can lose yourself," he said. "Everyone around me says, 'You're a genius, you're great, that's your voice,' but I'm not sure that they're right."
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Bleh: Can't delete in this forum.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.