Disgusting...

What do you think about the world?
Lohrno
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Disgusting...

Post by Lohrno »

Texas lawmakers want to ban overly suggestive cheerleading.

It's disgusting that this is even thought of. I guess a few of these lawmakers were ashamed of popping a woody and decided to do something about it. Why do we have to continually try to legislate morality?
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Disgusting...

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Lohrno wrote:Texas lawmakers want to ban overly suggestive cheerleading.

It's disgusting that this is even thought of. I guess a few of these lawmakers were ashamed of popping a woody and decided to do something about it. Why do we have to continually try to legislate morality?
I guess their moral compass points up...and then down and the UP and the down...
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

arent there more public than private schools by a large margin?

arent public schools staffed by government employees?

arent the cheerleading coaches government employees?

in other words, instead of idiotic legislation, how about working with their employees to directly address the problem.
Moonwynd
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Moonwynd »

Even my Republican self thinks this is ridiculous. What is "overly suggestive cheerleading"? I mean, there is no scale that says, "two ass shakes and three bounces in a row of the breastseses" is the limit.

Believe me, I am all for moral standards and I do think the Judeo Christian philosophy that this country was founded on is built on moral standards...but I want to hear from the people that complained about suggestive cheerleading to their Texas state legislators.

I have a feeling that some legislator was at a high school game and became aroused at the sight of the pep squad and was overcome by such guilt later at confession that he decided to do this as penance. Such bs...
Burke
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Burke »

This thread is useless without pics......good ones.
Lohrno
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lohrno »

Moonwynd wrote:Even my Republican self thinks this is ridiculous. What is "overly suggestive cheerleading"? I mean, there is no scale that says, "two ass shakes and three bounces in a row of the breastseses" is the limit.

Believe me, I am all for moral standards and I do think the Judeo Christian philosophy that this country was founded on is built on moral standards...but I want to hear from the people that complained about suggestive cheerleading to their Texas state legislators.

I have a feeling that some legislator was at a high school game and became aroused at the sight of the pep squad and was overcome by such guilt later at confession that he decided to do this as penance. Such bs...
I'm glad that even though we would probably disagree on many things, that there are some of you out there that know limits on these kinds of things.
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

Having solved all other problems with the South, I'm glad to see this is finally being addressed
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

I would be more than happy to volunteer to be on a commitee who reviews these "overly suggestive cheerleading" moves. Cheerleaders will go through a rigorous review to see if they have gone too far.

Clothing optional.
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Moonwynd
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Moonwynd »

Sarge...you need to have a surname in WoW....

Thorudin Castingcouch

:P
Moonwynd
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Moonwynd »

Lohrno wrote:
Moonwynd wrote:Even my Republican self thinks this is ridiculous. What is "overly suggestive cheerleading"? I mean, there is no scale that says, "two ass shakes and three bounces in a row of the breastseses" is the limit.

I'm glad that even though we would probably disagree on many things, that there are some of you out there that know limits on these kinds of things.
I don't think you should say anything more. Your name reminds me of Pohrno and I am writing my legistator this very moment!
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

But.. but.. it leads to unwanted pregnancies! And the transmittal of SDs.. and kids drop out of school!
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

OMFG it passed the state house!!!!

I can't believe this. I figured that this would go the way of the Virginia bill to ban visible underwear and just get laughed out of existence, but it passed the Texas house, 85-55.
ELECTED OFFICIAL wrote:He complained of cheerleaders "shaking their behinds, breaking it down,"
http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/05/05/cheer ... index.html

I've never been to Texas, and I always figured that the hype was probably overblown. Maybe I have to reconsider....
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Moonwynd wrote:Sarge...you need to have a surname in WoW....

Thorudin Castingcouch

:P
Thordurin :oops:
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Neroon
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Neroon »

Wonder how much Mexico would give us for Texas. Could be a way to get some cash into the SS fund.
Lohrno
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lohrno »

Moonwynd wrote: I don't think you should say anything more. Your name reminds me of Pohrno and I am writing my legistator this very moment!
Well it was fun while it lasted. :D

Why not Whoreno like most people say? =D
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Legislation is a bit over the top, but I can't help but wonder if there is any stopping the moral decline of today's youth. Given parents and teachers don't see it or don't care:

I remember sitting in a middle school listening to 13-14 year old girls sing 'Mr Sandman' and wondering on what fucking planet a song that sexual was thought appropriate by a teacher. (it was a recital.. every song was from that period and about 1/2 of them sexually oriented)
Mr. Sandman,
bring me a dream
Make him the cutest
that Ive ever seen
Give him the word
that Im not a rover
Then tell him
that his lonesome nights are over.
Sandman,
Im so alone
Dont have nobody
to call my own
Please turn on your magic beam (whoa)
Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream.
I know they're very very tame compared to some of the stuff out there, but I think it's a *very* different proposition to let a kid listen to something as opposed to perform and act it out. If nothing else it normalises the behaviour; like Bill's apparently successful attempt to rule cock sucking not sex as far as kids are concerned.

Interestingly enough, the teacher was let go at the end of that year (to the protest of many parents, albeit I wouldn't be shocked if there were a few agin' her), not that I said anything to the school, but then again.. it wasn't my 13 year old kid singing that she needed a regular fuck buddy. =)
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

...yes that song is so horrible! :roll:
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

There is already a law which if enforced would "stop" what this bill is addressing. The real problem with this bill is how much time and money it's preparation has cost without even addressing what IS inappropriate. Right after they finished with this bill, they moved on to what is being called "The Cheeseburger Bill" which will stop people from suing fast food chains for making them fat. THAT is something we need more of rather than the "Cheerleader Bill."
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

moral decline is because clinton got his dick sucked... cool!
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Kelshara wrote:...yes that song is so horrible! :roll:
Exactly, I know it's not :) But I don't want my 13 year old daughter singing it, or "You're the one that I want" or the other sexually themed songs I can't recall at a *school recital*

There's a reason most high school cheerleading uniforms are a lot more modest than say, the Dallas Cowgirls.
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

Zaelath wrote:Legislation is a bit over the top, but I can't help but wonder if there is any stopping the moral decline of today's youth. Given parents and teachers don't see it or don't care:

I remember sitting in a middle school listening to 13-14 year old girls sing 'Mr Sandman' and wondering on what fucking planet a song that sexual was thought appropriate by a teacher. (it was a recital.. every song was from that period and about 1/2 of them sexually oriented)
Mr. Sandman,
bring me a dream
Make him the cutest
that Ive ever seen
Give him the word
that Im not a rover
Then tell him
that his lonesome nights are over.
Sandman,
Im so alone
Dont have nobody
to call my own
Please turn on your magic beam (whoa)
Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream.
I know they're very very tame compared to some of the stuff out there, but I think it's a *very* different proposition to let a kid listen to something as opposed to perform and act it out. If nothing else it normalises the behaviour; like Bill's apparently successful attempt to rule cock sucking not sex as far as kids are concerned.

Interestingly enough, the teacher was let go at the end of that year (to the protest of many parents, albeit I wouldn't be shocked if there were a few agin' her), not that I said anything to the school, but then again.. it wasn't my 13 year old kid singing that she needed a regular fuck buddy. =)
lol, the "moral decline" of society, i cant believe people still buy that shit...lets look at history and "the moral decline of society"

-Elvis was deemed to be contributing to "the moral decline" of society with his provocative dancing that was censored, his act was overly sexual and out of control, he had to be stopped

-ray charles mixing gospel and rnb was a huge contributor to the decline of society, how dare someone chant the devils music in such a manner

-Beethoven with his, again heathonistic music replacing the old church hymns was part of the "moral decline" of society

as soon as a society sees new ideals, and a close-minded elder generation sees discomfort, they bring this "moral decline" bullshit into play, when all that results is progression

my kids will be laughing there asses off at my "ancient" past when they censored cable TV and didnt allow gay people to have the same rights as everyone else, so in other words

history has proven the "moral decline" to mean nothing more then a culturally progressive society
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Here's another inappropriate song:
The Candy Man

Who can take a sunrise
Sprinkl e it with dew?
Cover it in chocolate
And a miracle or two
The candyman
The candyman can
The candyman can
Cause he mixes it with love
And makes the world taste good

Who can take a rainbow
Wrap it in a sigh?
Soak it in the sun
And make a strawberry pie
The candyman
The candyman can
The candyman can

The Candyman Can
Cause verything he bakes
Satisfying and delicious
Talk about your childhood wishes
You can even eat the dishes!

Who can take tomorrow
Dip it in a dream?
Separate the sorrows
And collect up all the cream
The candyman
The Candyman can
The candyman can
The candyman can
And the world tastes good
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Ummm, behaviour that was previously considered obscene becoming commonplace is not an argument against moral decline; it's an argument for it :)

You really don't think the advent of "chicken parties" is an example of our descent back to our baser instincts rather than "culturally progressive"?
Drasta
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drasta »

haven't i said that we need to nuke texas damn it
eOmniz
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by eOmniz »

I've always hated the oversexedness of cheerleaders, and while the reasoning behind this legislation might be wrong, I think it's a good thing. It's only a part of the high school mentality though.
Current Incarnations:
Flintler, EQ2, Crushbone, HOOAC
Grahmiam, WoW, Firetree, The Crazy 88
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

yeah teenage girls trying ot be provocative is a new thing.
dibit_eq
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by dibit_eq »

I think this whole 'moral decline' is just the younger generation pissing off the older generation. A cycle that's gone on for centuries. It's the natural order of humanity.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Xzion wrote:as soon as a society sees new ideals, and a close-minded elder generation sees discomfort, they bring this "moral decline" bullshit into play, when all that results is progression
If you look at it realisticly, nothings changed all that much really. Things are a little more "visible" now, mainly due to TV and the need to be constantly entertainet. That's the extent of it.

Progression? No not really, in 20-30 years you'll be part of that close-minded elder generation that makes the rules. And the cycle will roll right along.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Aabidano wrote:
Xzion wrote:as soon as a society sees new ideals, and a close-minded elder generation sees discomfort, they bring this "moral decline" bullshit into play, when all that results is progression
If you look at it realisticly, nothings changed all that much really. Things are a little more "visible" now, mainly due to TV and the need to be constantly entertainet. That's the extent of it.

Progression? No not really, in 20-30 years you'll be part of that close-minded elder generation that makes the rules. And the cycle will roll right along.
Yep.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Sueven wrote:OMFG it passed the state house!!!!

I can't believe this. I figured that this would go the way of the Virginia bill to ban visible underwear and just get laughed out of existence, but it passed the Texas house, 85-55.
ELECTED OFFICIAL wrote:He complained of cheerleaders "shaking their behinds, breaking it down,"
http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/05/05/cheer ... index.html

I've never been to Texas, and I always figured that the hype was probably overblown. Maybe I have to reconsider....
The state did a complete 180 when W was elected governor. It still shocks me, tbh.
Hoarmurath
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Hoarmurath »

I think there are plenty of states that should be "nuked" or "given away" before Texas. That being said, this is pretty damn dumb, but what concerns me more is the media coverage it's getting. Why don't they talk about the bill to ban municpal broadband wireless networks? Because people would rather read about teenage girls shaking their asses than whether or not SBC should be allowed ot have a monopoly on wireless networks in Texas.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Aabidano wrote:

Meh, I think things have "progressed" quite a lot.

per Dogma:
Loki: Do you know what makes a human being decent? Fear. And therein lies the problem. None of you has anything left to fear anymore. You rest comfortably in seats of inscrutable power, hiding behind your false idol, far from judgment, lives shrouded in secrecy even from one another. But not from God.
Kids are like that these days, they don't fear shit. They know their parents are impotent because they know their threats are empty since the state will rule in their favour. They know the schools are impotent because they are in a worse position than their parents.

The only time the hammer comes down is if they're subjected to a criminal court, then the poor buggers are shocked to realise society can, and will, lay the smack down on rediculous shit that didn't actually hurt anyone.

The solution isn't more unenforceable legislation per Texas, it's less neutering of parents and schools =/
Lohrno
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lohrno »

Hoarmurath wrote:Why don't they talk about the bill to ban municpal broadband wireless networks? Because people would rather read about teenage girls shaking their asses than whether or not SBC should be allowed ot have a monopoly on wireless networks in Texas.
I've heard that, that's also pretty fucked up. Congrats telecom lobbyists....> <
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

I am not too old to remeber cheerleaders in my high schools and I must say that things are a HELL of a lot different today. I coach and attend a lot of local high school sporting events in my area and if I had a daughter who was doing some of the moves that these girls are doing nowadays, I would yank her ass off the team so fast her head would spin. I am by no means a prude but things have gone from being nicely choreographed dance routines to nothing but clothed stripper acts.
Deward
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

why do you think they are absolutely spending millions of dollars a WEEK on TV advertising lobbying for legislation to change telecom laws?

because if it passes they will make tons of cash.

interesting statement about both parties current subjugation to corporate welfare, conveyed by Warren Buffett the other day. Corporate profits are at (or near) their highpoint relative to GDP, while corporate taxes are at (or near) their lowpoint as a proportion of the overall tax burden. Things like repatriating funds through offshore companies (Caymans, etc) and so forth.
Markulas
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Markulas »

CLEARLY, the song Mr. Sandman and The Candy Man are progressions of any society.
I'm going to live forever or die trying
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I take you to the candy shop
I'll let you lick the lollypop
Go 'head girl, don't you stop
Keep goin 'til you hit the spot (whoa)
[Olivia]
I'll take you to the candy shop
Boy one taste of what I got
I'll have you spending all you got
Keep going 'til you hit the spot (whoa)

[Verse 1: 50 Cent]
You can have it your way, how do you want it
You gon' back that thing up or should i push up on it
Temperature rising, okay lets go to the next level
Dance floor jam packed, hot as a teakettle
I'll break it down for you now, baby it's simple
If you be a nympho, I'll be a nympho
In the hotel or in the back of the rental
On the beach or in the park, it's whatever you into
Got the magic stick, I'm the love doctor
Have your friends teasin you 'bout how sprung I gotcha
Wanna show me how you work it baby, no problem
Get on top then get to bouncing round like a low rider
I'm a seasoned vet when it come to this shit
After you work up a sweat you can play with the stick
I'm tryin to explain baby the best way I can
I melt in your mouth girl, not in your hands (ha ha)

[Chorus]

[Bridge: 50 Cent & Olivia]
Girl what we do (what we do)
And where we do (and where we do)
The things we do (things we do)
Are just between me and you (oh yeah)

[Verse 2: 50 Cent]
Give it to me baby, nice and slow
Climb on top, ride like you in the rodeo
You ain't never heard a sound like this before
Cause I ain't never put it down like this
Soon as I come through the door she get to pullin on my zipper
It's like it's a race who can get undressed quicker
Isn't it ironic how erotic it is to watch em in thongs
Had me thinking 'bout that ass after I'm gone
I touch the right spot at the right time
Lights on or lights off, she like it from behind
So seductive, you should see the way she winds
Her hips in slow-mo on the floor when we grind
As Long as she ain't stoppin, homie I aint stoppin
Drippin wet with sweat man its on and popping
All my champagne campaign, bottle after bottle its on
And we gon' sip til every bubble in the bottle is gone

[Chorus 2x]
[Chorus: 50 Cent & Olivia]
[50 Cent]
I take you to the candy shop
I'll let you lick the lollypop
Go 'head girl, don't you stop
Keep goin 'til you hit the spot (whoa)
[Olivia]
I'll take you to the candy shop
Boy one taste of what I got
I'll have you spending all you got
Keep going 'til you hit the spot (whoa)
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.