Urinal Do's and Don'ts.

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Do you speak to other men at the urinal?

Poll ended at May 12, 2005, 4:22 pm

Yes
12%
No
77%
I am a woman and I like to touch my vagina.
11%

Total votes: 109

Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Urinal Do's and Don'ts.

Post by Sylvos »

Do you feel it is ok to talk to another man while you are both at the Urinal?
Do you feel its ok to fart and spit into the urinal when someone else is in the bathroom?
Do you wash your hands?

Yes ,I am a rude asshole who talks to other men while we are both holding our dicks.

No, I do not say a fucking word when at the urinal. You don't speak to a man when he is holding his dick in the bathroom.
Last edited by Sylvos on May 2, 2005, 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

You are allowed to talk to someone if you are both engaged in the same activity. Both in line, conversation's fine. Both at the wall, have yourself a ball. If you're not pissing, conversation should be missing.

I just made that handy rhyme up so you can remember.

But I'm not voting as your choices suck, should just make it Yes or No.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

no and I ignore those who do.
no
yes
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

it's obvious sylvus is ONE of THOSE guys who buddy's up next to you while you're letting loose a yellow stream of golden love into the awaiting porcelen mouth of the Urinal Alter and goes "hey guy whats up!"
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Rivera Bladestrike »

I am taken back if someone does anything other than a head nod or a "sup, hey" type thing in a public bathroom. There should be no talking at all.
My name is (removed to protect dolphinlovers)

Rivera / Shiezer - EQ (Retired)

What I Am Listening To
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Nah, I don't make it a point to start conversations with people while I'm at the urinal, but I am not that homophobic that I think talking to or being talked to while peeing will make me gay or something.

As far as the other questions, if I have to fart or spit, sure why not? And I usually wash my hands after peeing.
Lohrno
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lohrno »

No, I think it's in poor form to talk at the urinal. This time is between my willy and me, last thing I want to do is hold my willy and talk to some other guy.

Farting and spitting is okay too. If you can't do it in the bathroom where else can you do it?

And I always wash hands...
sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sarlen »

its against gods law to talk at the urinal!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I hate when people take a shit in the urinal.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

You should not use a urinal at the same time as someone else, unless you have something to talk about.
en kærlighed småkager
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Atokal »

No talking except in emergencies, if someone is pissing on your shoe you need to have a conversation. Other than that silence is golden.

Farting at the urinal on occasion is unstoppable, the two functions, at times, seem to be linked.

Yes I wash my hands with soap, I find it amusing to see people do the perfunctory rinse with just water.
Atokal
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

I have no problem talking at the urinala if someone else decides to start a conversation, however, I won't go out of my way to tell my fellow bathroom occupants about my day.

On a sort of related note taking a dump (not in a urinal, in a stall) is always an act of pure stealth!
<a href="http://www.fictionpress.com/~mjlb">See the other side...</a>

Feel free to share your thoughts~
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

only place i do is at a sporting event after a few beverages.

i think that makes it OK.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Atokal wrote:Yes I wash my hands with soap, I find it amusing to see people do the perfunctory rinse with just water.
Do you piss all over your hands at the urinal?
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
nobody
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by nobody »

if i'm at work and i know someone on more then a "hello, how are you" basis, then i might respond but will never initiate.

and i think all bathrooms should have a sign above the door with bright falshy lights that light up when someone doesn't wash their hands. ie. The Far Side
My goal is to live forever. So far so good.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. - Benjamin Franklin

خودتان را بگای
Dexail
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Dexail »

no.

I don't want to do anything that may distract the other person and cause him to forget where he is, turn toward me with unit in hand and go "I missed that, what did you say?"
Dex
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Atokal »

miir wrote:
Atokal wrote:Yes I wash my hands with soap, I find it amusing to see people do the perfunctory rinse with just water.
Do you use soap when you shower?
Atokal
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Niccolo Machiavelli
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Atokal wrote:No talking except in emergencies, if someone is pissing on your shoe you need to have a conversation. Other than that silence is golden.
Farting at the urinal on occasion is unstoppable, the two functions, at times, seem to be linked.
LOL! This post made me laugh out loud!
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

I dont need conversation while I piss, I have no problem with some silence and feel no need to have chit-chat.
Mak
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mak »

No talking unless absolutely necessary. Farting can't be helped, and as Lohrno said, if you have to do it in public, that's the place to do it. While it is possible to pee and hold a fart in at the same time I sometimes don't bother.

I almost always wash my hands, and I'm afraid I do "Monk out" and keep my paper towel to open the bathroom door. It just seems pointless to wash your hands and then grab on to the handle when the asshole exiting ahead of you didn't wash his. If for some reason I can't wash my hands, I'm generally ok with it- I know where my dick's been- but it pisses me off when someone else doesn't bother when the sink is two feet away.
Makora

Too often it seems it is the peaceful and innocent who are slaughtered. In this a lesson may be found that it may not be prudential to be either too peaceful or too innocent. One does not survive with wolves by becoming a sheep.
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

No talking at the urinal unelss it's an emergency, and yes,i always wash my hands, with soap. You are not washing off the urine, you are washing off bacteria, yes urinal bacterias are unhealthy and just water won't get rid of them, and yes you can get them on your hands even if you don't pee on them.
Fortune favors the brave!
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

I talk with people in the bathroom at school, because I know pretty much everyone. I will at other places too if I know the person well enough, but never strangers. Also, farting and spitting is fine, and while I ALWAYS wash my hands, isnt piss sterile?
nobody
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by nobody »

Asheran Mojomaster wrote: and while I ALWAYS wash my hands, isnt piss sterile?
yes, but it IS still piss none the less
My goal is to live forever. So far so good.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. - Benjamin Franklin

خودتان را بگای
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I thought the little thingy in the the bottom of the urinal took care of all our sanitation needs!

Urine from a healthy person isn't unhealthy (Go to alt.binaries.swede...) but Tegellan's bacteria comment is valid.

On a sports talk show, some host was upset because a basketball player took offense to him coming up to him while he was at the urinal, patting him on the back, and saying "nice game". He's lucky he didn't get decked. No touchy during the process!
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

No talking at the urinal and don't use a urinal next someone else unless there is a divider.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

miir wrote:
Atokal has a stalker...

So.. You're implying that as long as someone doesn't 'piss all over their hands' they shouldn't need to wash them? I'm sure most people that go out to eat, including yourself, wouldn't agree with that.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

Aslanna is a MAN BABY!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

All I'm saying is that I don't want someone who didn't wash their hands after going to the barhroom making my burrito supreme. Is that so much to ask!

--
Clatis
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Clatis »

Depending on the place depends on washin your hands.. some places I am 100% sure my dicks cleaner than the faucet
Clatis Shizam/Fogdog Deeznutz -rocking no longer

When I leave come togetha like butt cheeks
Tinkin Tankem
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Tinkin Tankem »

Happy Birthday Chip! :shock: :shock:
Thinking of something new!
Drasta
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drasta »

i don't use urinals .. they are weird .. piss in the stall!
Mak
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mak »

Drasta wrote:i don't use urinals .. they are weird .. piss in the stall!
Or the sink, if everything else is being used. Ah, college days... such a long time ago...
Makora

Too often it seems it is the peaceful and innocent who are slaughtered. In this a lesson may be found that it may not be prudential to be either too peaceful or too innocent. One does not survive with wolves by becoming a sheep.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Doesn't bother me if it's someone I know, same with pinching one off whether there are divider walls or not.

Unless your an utterly nasty bastard, the "stuff" living on the faucet handle and the bathroom door make it nearly futile to wash your hands. If you've got to touch either on your way out, that hand wash was nearly pointless as you've just picked up a nastier mix after washing. Food service employees are better off washing when they return to the kitchen in many cases as wash #1 in the bathroom may not have had much effect.

Daily showers + soap are not very good for you, it takes the antibacterial oil layer off your skin and makes you more succeptible to the various nasties you encounter during the day. Daily bathing came into fashion in the US after TV commercials in the '50s comvinced housewives it was the thing to do.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I voted no, but I have a question about the poll in general. Are you so afraid that you might spring a woody if a guy talks to you? Or is it you lack the ability to maintain concentration to hit your target if you are talking while peeing? It's not like you are comparing cock size or stream volume.
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

usually if every urinal is taken or there's no divider between them and i need to use one next to somebody I'll stand a good six feet back and try my aim / range skills.

Sometimes I piss all over the other guy's back, but that's ok because at least I didn't have to stand next to him and risk brushing his shoulder or having him say "Hi" while I was pissing.
<a href="http://www.fictionpress.com/~mjlb">See the other side...</a>

Feel free to share your thoughts~
Vannoth
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Vannoth »

I do not talk if Im at the urinal. If someone tries to talk to me I'll make one of those Noncomittal grunts or say as little as I have to.

Though, I will say it seems like the only place its not okay for a guy to fart is in the men's room. Anyone else notice that?
Arsecn
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Arsecn »

I wash my hands with the urinal cake.
~ 70 Troll Scourge Knight ~

"You're talking a whole lotta Jibba-Jabba."
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

I voted yes but it depends...

If I know the guy pretty well, say at work, sure I don't see a problem and most of the guys I work with don't either. It's not like you can see your or their dick. Personally I'm not sure what the deal it with people freaking out about it. If you have that much of a problem with your dick that you can't hold it to piss without feeling nervious I think it's sympotmatic of a bigger issue. Do you have sex with your spouse/lover with the lights off? Do you get nervious if another guy gives you a hug (gay or not)? If so then I think that you may be uncomfortable with your sexuality.

IMHO if you are straight and secure about it what does it matter if you have your own johnson in your hand or not? It's not like you are going to show it to the guy or anything. When not being used to screw your wife/girlfriend or do something else sexually, it's just another organ, deal with it that way.

Question #2? I'll fart but try to not cough up a big glob of snot while standing next to someone. I don't want them to puke on me or anything. Farting SHOULD be done in the bathroom. I would much rather someone fart next to me there than when I'm trapped on a conference call at my desk.

Question #3? Kind of a pet peve of mine... If you take a crap and don't wash your hands that's pretty fukin' disgusting. However if you took a shower that morning and you don't have such a small dick that you pee all over your hand every time you take a leak, why are you washing your hands after you pee? I don't get this. At the end of the day or after you have been outside sweating that is something else but if you just washed it and the afore mentioned didn't happen, why wash your hands? My theory is that if your hands are dirty... WASH them no matter why they are dirty, but don't just wash them because everyone else does. I've seen guys eat onion rings and BBQ after playing in the dirt so that there is freakin' topsoil on their sandwich then go to the BR and pee first then wash their hands. IMHO you should wash your hands BEFORE you eat, then before you touch your dick. The point being more to keep your wally clean just in case you have time for a quickie later... if you want to get laid a lot, always be prepared to score.. that means no BBQ and sod on the tools.

Marb
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Want a sanitation story? OK, here you go.

Rocky Point is a dive mexican beach town an hour south of the Arizona border on the Baja side. Things are generally gross in mexico to begin with but one year during spring break we were at the biggest bar/dance place in Rocky Point which was an average sized place and as good as it gets for that area.

The dance floor was in a pit type area. The mens toilets were all backed up but people kept using them (gotta go somewhere). The waste just overflowed and streamed right out of the bathroom floor, down some stairs, and into the dance pit. A few hours later there was a couple inches of piss, surely mixed with some other stuff, on the dance floor that everyone was dancing around in. The guys knew what it was but it's doubtful the women did. We moved on to the next bar! That can't be sanitary!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

If there's another guy within 500 yards of the urinals, I use a stall.
Vannoth
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Vannoth »

Winnow wrote:Want a sanitation story? OK, here you go.

Rocky Point is a dive mexican beach town an hour south of the Arizona border on the Baja side. Things are generally gross in mexico to begin with but one year during spring break we were at the biggest bar/dance place in Rocky Point which was an average sized place and as good as it gets for that area.

The dance floor was in a pit type area. The mens toilets were all backed up but people kept using them (gotta go somewhere). The waste just overflowed and streamed right out of the bathroom floor, down some stairs, and into the dance pit. A few hours later there was a couple inches of piss, surely mixed with some other stuff, on the dance floor that everyone was dancing around in. The guys knew what it was but it's doubtful the women did. We moved on to the next bar! That can't be sanitary!
Women are the most oblivious beings on the planet.

I was going out to prom with a group of friends (and my ex-woman) and one girl was giving her boyfriend who she hadnt seen in a long time a handjob right there at the fucking table. Every single guy at the table knew what was going on, the chicks were fucking clueless. When we told our dates later they all went NO, and then asked the girl who was giving said handjob and she said and I quote, "Oh...you noticed?"

Nasty.
Wiever
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Wiever »

I will often initiate a sword fight.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

If I happen to be talking to another guy as we're both walking towards the men's room, I will continue speaking as I piss. But initiating a conversation at the urinals should be fucking forbidden by law.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Wiever wrote:I will often initiate a sword fight.
By spitting on him?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna, do me a favor and walk out into traffic tomorrow.
Clatis
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Clatis »

Tinkin Tankem wrote:Happy Birthday Chip! :shock: :shock:
Hey, how'd you knwo it was my bday ?
Clatis Shizam/Fogdog Deeznutz -rocking no longer

When I leave come togetha like butt cheeks
Janx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Janx

Post by Janx »

Personally I reenact "the longest pee" by Adam Sandler.
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Atokal »

Janx wrote:Personally I reenact "the longest pee" by Adam Sandler.
Longest pee Austin Powers.
Atokal
Niccolo Machiavelli
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

I also like to spell my name when I am at the Urinal, occasionally when I have managed to spell out my entire name I will try it again in cursive then again in Pig Latin. But that said, I still don't strike up a convo to the motherfucker standing next to me cause that's WRONG.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Sylvos wrote:that's WRONG.
Why?

You guys wouldn't do well in Asia :lol:
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."