Carpenter vs. Woodworker (pros and cons?)

Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Carpenter vs. Woodworker (pros and cons?)

Post by Lynnsie »

My Warden is on the verge of being a lvl 19 Craftsman and recently I have been wondering which way I should go at 20, Carpentry or Woodworking. I have talked to players in both professions and they both state pros and cons, but just wondered what you all thought. Some people tell me that if I want to be broke, and just like to make furniture for the pure pride of making a "rare pristine bed", and I am not incredibly stressed about cashflow in EQ2 then to go Carpenter. Others tell me that a Woodworker has a better chance at making money early (vs a carpenter) and an even bigger chance to make lots of money later in levels making higher end shields and weapons.

I know Sony is implementing the reduction of housing cost based on the type of furniture you have in your house, but again, I have heard this will only effect the housing paid for with Status Points. When it comes down to it, im a real newb at tradeskills and the guild system in EQ2 and everytime I read a thread on the EQ2 forums about either, I feel like my eyes cross themselves.

The big "bling" that got me into craftsmanship was making the bank boxes, but now the player market is so overflooded with them, I just wonder if it isn't enough for me just to stop at the 12 slot boxes and pick something else to go to. I really like being a craftsman, and I like making furniture, and I have made some really nice pieces. I am still on tier 2, and working on a heritage quest tonight I got the tier 2 rare wood and I was so excited because I couldn't wait to get into the tradeskill instance and make something with it. I know that I will possibly be able to have the same satisfaction making shields/weapons because in the end, someone is going to use them ( I hope ). In my opinion, it just seems that people would be more willing to pay for an item they are going to use for a few levels (shield or weapon) than a piece of furniture that they can't even sit in.

Any comments or suggestions would really be appreciated. I'm sure Saryia will hit the point tomorrow where I need to be final on a decision, and I want to be fully informed. Thx :D
Robbynn
No Stars!

Post by Robbynn »

I have a lvl 38 woodworker and have made pretty decent money at it. There are also some changes on test that will make the weapons and shields you make more desireable. Alchies will be able to make enchanted extracts that can be put into shields, weapons, armor ect... The items will have a type of proc or effect to them.

I made a lot of my cash doing paper and quills, but as of that one patch everyone can make them. Doing combines for rares is also a good money maker, and now that items are attuneable, you will see a bit more demade for your shields, bows and such. Bucklers are a good thing to make also, I haven't seen many good bucklers around and the priest classes love them. Also the Totems of the Cameleon and Wolf are nice sellers. Cameleon is 15min invis and Wolf is sow speed. They seem to stack with pathfinding and the dirge speed song. People doing the jboot runs love these. I checked my speed by doing /show_window MainHUD.Character and I believe it was over 60.

Hope this helps!
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

hell just do what i do...kill shit, collect money from there corpses and buy whatever you need from player vendors...tradeskills are boring as hell and theres a huge game to expore if your online, im a lvl 6 tradeskiller only because it was needed for FBSS quest
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Some people LIKE tradeskills. I think they are ok and I will probably work hard on them when I hit level 50. Not really caring about making cash from it.....I just want to be able to make some items that you can't find on the market.