class imbalances

Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

class imbalances

Post by Xzion »

some of the classes in EQ2 now seem a little worthless, or outbalanced with there counterparts...with small raid groups (never more then like2 maybe 3 groups) classes need to stand out on there own

-since there is no real need for single pulls (i used to be against, but now i like...pulling is less time consuming and the challenge comes in killing the appropriate encounter, not dumbing it down) brawlers seem like scouts who do less damage, and have less utility...sure they can somewhat tank, but not good enough to be the MT of a group

-rangers clearly do much less damage and are weaker then assassins, give me the choice il take the assassin every time

-defilers are stronger then mystics, ive ran great groups having the only defense being myself (berserker) and a defiler for a healer, a mystic could never pull it off as well

-crusaders...i tank better, i do more damage, they are inferior to berserkers and paladins make lousy backup healers without being able to contribute too much else as sks make lousy what ever the hell they do
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer
Chmee
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Re: class imbalances

Post by Chmee »

Xzion wrote: -since there is no real need for single pulls (i used to be against, but now i like...pulling is less time consuming and the challenge comes in killing the appropriate encounter, not dumbing it down) brawlers seem like scouts who do less damage, and have less utility...sure they can somewhat tank, but not good enough to be the MT of a group
I can't speak for brawlers, but as far as monks go, I seem to MT just fine.
No nation was ever ruined by trade.

– Benjamin Franklin
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Not sure what kind of shit paladins you hang with, mine MT's just fine...
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Hehe Xzion, you don't seem to know much about other classes.
brawlers seem like scouts who do less damage, and have less utility...sure they can somewhat tank, but not good enough to be the MT of a group
Brawlers (monk/bruiser) are the top high level damage dealers in game right now. They can tank sub-reds just fine in normal group situations. They have awesome group defense buffs that can make plate warriors godly.

rangers clearly do much less damage and are weaker then assassins
I've grouped with loads of rangers. Sadly, the majority of them are shitty players and/or have shitty gear. A decently equipped ranger who doesn't act like a fucking primadonna homo-elf and has decent gear deals roughly the same DPS as an equally equipped assassin.
That being said, I usually pass up grouping with rangers... but not because of their damage dealing capabilities.

defilers are stronger then mystics, ive ran great groups having the only defense being myself (berserker) and a defiler for a healer, a mystic could never pull it off as well
Seems to me you are failing to grasp the difference between shitty classes and shitty players.

If I group with an equal leveled wizard and I deal 40% more damage, would you say that wizards suck compared to warlocks? Or would you take into account that my spells might be either Adept3 or Master and the Wizard mught be using App3 or Adept1?

I group regularly with a Warden who has several Adept3 spells. She is an incredible healer who heals better than 90% of the Temp/Inq's I have grouped with.

crusaders...i tank better, i do more damage, they are inferior to berserkers and paladins make lousy backup healers without being able to contribute too much else as sks make lousy what ever the hell they do
Paladins pretty much suck. Like rangers, the class seems to attract the worst type of players. I remember when I was in my 20s... a number of times I was in a group where I actually had higher HP than the paladin 'tank' who was just a few levels lower. Fortunately, the number of paladins seems to diminish in the 30s (I guess they start to realise that they really suck)...

I haven't had the fortune to group with too many SKs... the few I have grouped (with 1 exception.. i think the kid was 10 years old and had ADD)with did very good DPS and were quite good at holding aggro and tanking.

My personal favorite classes to group with are swash/brig and guardians.
Least favorite has gotta be coercer/illusionist.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

My personal favorite classes to group with are swash/brig and guardians.
Yay, finally <3 for the swashes!
{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I've noticed that the rogue subclasses in EQ2 seem to attract a higher quality player. For whatever reason, the majority of them seem to be very gear and skill concious, rarely will I see a grey piece of gear on a rogue.

And guardians... most seem to have a real 'tank' mindset. They aren't happy unless the mob is hitting them... they get pissed off if any mob hits anyone else. Unlike berserkers who seem to attract a younger, more immature type of player.. hell, most berserkers cant even spell berserker.

Those are just broad generalizations from my observations...and there certainly are exceptions.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Yeah, I've found so much more Fun in a Guardian in EQ2 than I ever did as a Paladin in EQ1 it's great. I can pull, I can BUFF! the group with stuff that actually HELPS, and when I'm doing my best (which ain't easy with my usual two Warden friends healing) to draw agro.. it doesn't leave me easily. Even when ti does, my group buffs increase mitigation for the rest of the ground, letting them live through things that they wouldn't if they were with other tanks.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Proctus
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Proctus »

The one thing I hated about being a Swashbuckler was that we no longer had the "Highest single melee hit" anymore like in EQ. Backstab was just about worthless (I had adept 3 and was still getting out hit by rangers/assasins etc on regular melee hits). It was quite frustrating since the reason I chose Swashbuckler was because they were "Rogues" and thus high dps. Come to find out, they are more a utility class with the ability to sneak your group into places and what not. I just wasn't used to it at all.
Proctus Armonius
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

miir wrote:I've noticed that the rogue subclasses in EQ2 seem to attract a higher quality player. For whatever reason, the majority of them seem to be very gear and skill concious, rarely will I see a grey piece of gear on a rogue.

And guardians... most seem to have a real 'tank' mindset. They aren't happy unless the mob is hitting them... they get pissed off if any mob hits anyone else. Unlike berserkers who seem to attract a younger, more immature type of player.. hell, most berserkers cant even spell berserker.

Those are just broad generalizations from my observations...and there certainly are exceptions.
i love being a berserker, and since i am one i rarely ever group with another one...although on my server there are some really talented ones i talk to...we can tank almost just as well as a guardian and hold aggro better then any other class also, many groups im in say i do a better job MTing and on top of that i do damage on par with brawlers (higher then any class other then wizards in AE)...il keep it low, but i think were a bit overpowered...not to mention our group haste buffs
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I know berserkers are great tanks. I shelved my berserker at 34 to start my warlock. I figured I'd rather play a fucked up unbalanced class than one that a class thats hillariously overpowered... that way I wouldn't get pissed off when they nerfed berserkers. AFK tanking before the Bloodlust fix was pretty funny.

It takes a lot of work to tank poorly with a berserker.

I liked playing a berserker but it was a bit to 'easy' for my tastes. I was also embarrased to be associated with a players who call themselves zerker, zerk, beseker, beserker, bezeker, zeker, berz or any other stupid misspelled variation of 'Berserker' they could come up with.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

My love for you is ticking clock.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Do you want to make some fuck?