Brigand vs. Swashbuckler

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Brigand vs. Swashbuckler

Post by Funkmasterr »

Ok, I am basically looking for input from people who play the classes and what not. I am in queynos now, and wanted to be a brigand, but am wondering if it is worth doing the betrayal and learning a new city and such.

From what I can gather, swashbucklers have more multiple target stuff, and brigand more single target. I am just looking to see if either one is more valuble to groups and such than the other.
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

I do love the swashbuckler class. It makes my life much easier to always be grouped with one. Smuggle is the ultimate ability. If Brigand doesnt have that, then its a lesser class than Swashbuckler
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

The problem with Swashbuckler is that it is routinely contracted to "Swashy" which sounds really REALLY gay.
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

I didnt say Swashbuckler was a manly class. It is by far the gayest class in the game. But damn theyre useful!!
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

Hey!
{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

nothing more masculine then BERSERKER!!!!

I think at some points were overpowered, my DPS (berserker barrage is amazing) is almost as high as an assassins and up there with some rogues/monks...and i can also tank almost as well as a guardian (+bloodlust, which is a dirge like ability)...also, noone holds aggro better then zerkers

....sure as hell beats making mod rods
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

nothing more masculine then BERSERKER!!!!

I think at some points were overpowered, my DPS (berserker barrage is amazing) is almost as high as an assassins and up there with some rogues/monks...and i can also tank almost as well as a guardian (+bloodlust, which is a dirge like ability)...also, noone holds aggro better then zerkers

What does this have to do with the Brigand/Swashbuckler issue?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

I think your choice should come down to where your friends would be....if they are in Freeport then betray and go there. If they are in Qeynos, then stay there and become the ultimate group machine. Be warned that people have no idea what the Swashbuckler class actually does!

As a Swash, you cab debuff mobs, mezz mobs, snare, evac, do good DPS, stun, knock down, interrupt, cast group hide/sneak, agro increase for tank, taunt, and shift the combat wheel results. You also get some self buffs as does every class. At level 30, I can solo level 34 mobs in Enchanted Lands and level 32 mobs in Zek. Not really tried anything larger than that in Zek.....

The greatest soloing chain in the game at level 27-30 on bigger mobs is:

Range attack
Neutralize (snare)
Disarming grin (mez)
Flight of Fancy (self agi/str buff)
Fancy Footwork (parry buff)
Flashy Trick ( defense debuff on mob...does not break mez)
Unfriendly Reminder (backstab with defense debuff)
Then use every frontal attack you have until Disarming Grin refreshes. Finish them off with a Distracting Blade....

It gets even easier at each subsequent level as you get more attacks that can be used from front or back. it is amazing the array of skills the Swash gets...and I bet most people don't use half of them!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

vn_Tanc wrote:The problem with Swashbuckler is that it is routinely contracted to "Swashy" which sounds really REALLY gay.
Instead of taking the first part of the word, try using the middle...Ashbuck...or Ashbuck'r. Less gay sounding.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

TIME TO REROLLZ!@!11
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

First off, thanks for all the advice. I don't really know who anyone is on the server yet, so I just solo and get pick up groups when I can. I am hoping to get into one of the veeshan guilds on the server (permafrost) though so that It's not so boring socially for me in game. So that being said I will probably just take the easier route and stay in queynos and go swashbuckler.

thanks again