New Comic Book from Mexico

What do you think about the world?
Mort
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

New Comic Book from Mexico

Post by Mort »

I for one, do no agree with the Mexican Government putting this out. I am for saving lives and controlled immigration, but this goes a little too far.

Discuss

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0101Comic01.html
Morteus - 60 NE War - Cenarius
Warlord of <Driven>

"I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct....."
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

As good a reason as any for increased border patrols... but I'm not against this comic book, as it's main goal is letting them know the risks and trying to save lives. It also tells them it's better to get caught and re-patriated to mexico than get lost running in the desert.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

A Border Patrol spokesman said he does not think the book encourages illegal crossers.

"If they've already gone ahead and made that decision to cross illegally . . . then anything that helps protect lives is worth it," said Andy Adame, spokesman for the Border Patrol's Tucson sector.
Pretty much my feelings
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Toshira
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Toshira »

But it also shows a woman adding salt to a water bottle and advises, "Salt water helps you retain your body's liquids. Although you'll feel thirstier, if you drink water with salt the risk of dehydration is much lower."
Eh? I've never heard this before. Drinking salt water eventually will be fatal.
There is not enough disk space available to delete this file, please delete some files to free up disk space.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Toshira wrote:
But it also shows a woman adding salt to a water bottle and advises, "Salt water helps you retain your body's liquids. Although you'll feel thirstier, if you drink water with salt the risk of dehydration is much lower."
Not to mention your blood pressure going through the roof.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

You might want to read here http://www.watercure.com/ to learn about using a small amount of salt in your drinking water. Drinking pure salt water would be bad yes.
Adex_Xeda
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Adex_Xeda »

Illegal Alien vs. Undocumented Worker

Amazing how much power words can carry
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

Toshira wrote:
Ermmmm depends on the ratio...an isotonic solution is perfectly safe...

isotonic saline: about 1 tsp salt per pint of water FYI...anything above that ratio (hypertonic) is dehydrating...anything equal to or below (hypotonic) that is hydrating still...:)
Last edited by Arborealus on January 3, 2005, 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Toshira
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Toshira »

Hey, it's a good day when ya learn something new :)
There is not enough disk space available to delete this file, please delete some files to free up disk space.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

We don't have that problem up here unless you count all the damn canucks. :twisted:
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

I'm for mexico fixing their fucked up government so people from mexico stop fleeing here. We should release a guide to fix there crap so people stop trying to flee.
Chmee
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Chmee »

I say if they want to come here to work, let them.
No nation was ever ruined by trade.

– Benjamin Franklin
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

If they come here to work they take people's jobs. Construction workers and janitors are the hardest hit. What is there for untrained americans then?
Mplor
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Mplor »

Ebumar wrote:If they come here to work they take people's jobs. Construction workers and janitors are the hardest hit. What is there for untrained americans then?
They don't "take" anyone's job. They simply offer to work for less money.

Every citizen has access to training, even if it means student loans. "Untrained" Americans can get trained. Illegals can't.
The Boney King of Nowhere.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Ebumar wrote:If they come here to work they take people's jobs. Construction workers and janitors are the hardest hit. What is there for untrained americans then?
If you're an "untrained american" you should be in a sheltered workshop.

I'd be interested to know where you get construction workers and janitors.. Construction is semi-skilled and I'd always seen most of the mexican labour going into unskilled occupations (I'll give you janitors, along with field hands, maids, and all the other jobs Americans don't want to do for compensation relative to the skill, effort and risk involved)

Construction is also fairly heavily regulated, which makes work w/o green cards much more difficult, no?
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Vaemas
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: BeaverButter

Post by Vaemas »

Not necessarily. Masonry is one particular area where I've seen a large influx of Mexican workers. It's typically the labor-intesive parts of the construction industry where you see the migrant workers.

Besides, when you pay them less and you're willing to look the other way, it's still cheaper to do some training because odds are, if they're illegal and you don't treat them like complete shit, they'll stay.
High Chancellor for Single Malt Scotches, Accounting Stuffs and Biffin Greeting.
/tell Biffin 'sup bro!
Mak
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mak »

The bigger economic impact is not necessarily job loss, it's the drain on social services such as welfare, education, and medical care. Illegal immigration costs billions of dollars annually to border states.
Makora

Too often it seems it is the peaceful and innocent who are slaughtered. In this a lesson may be found that it may not be prudential to be either too peaceful or too innocent. One does not survive with wolves by becoming a sheep.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

Zaelath wrote:
If you're an "untrained american" you should be in a sheltered workshop.

I'd be interested to know where you get construction workers and janitors.. Construction is semi-skilled and I'd always seen most of the mexican labour going into unskilled occupations (I'll give you janitors, along with field hands, maids, and all the other jobs Americans don't want to do for compensation relative to the skill, effort and risk involved)

Construction is also fairly heavily regulated, which makes work w/o green cards much more difficult, no?
Have you ever been to Arizona?

Every morning I drive up Guadalupe onto a street call Yaqui del something, which is literally LINED with mexicans waiting for foremen to drive by and pick them up for a days work. You can be pretty sure that a good percentage of them are undocumented... My best friend's girlfriend works for her father who owns a major construction company, and he does this every morning. They generally work hard and cheap.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Stragi wrote:
Have you ever been to Arizona?

Every morning I drive up Guadalupe onto a street call Yaqui del something, which is literally LINED with mexicans waiting for foremen to drive by and pick them up for a days work. You can be pretty sure that a good percentage of them are undocumented... My best friend's girlfriend works for her father who owns a major construction company, and he does this every morning. They generally work hard and cheap.
Guadalupe is like a little mexico right in the middle of metro phoenix. I avoid it! Single lane, speed trap zone.

Stragi going native in Guadalupe!