Quest question

Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Quest question

Post by Tyek »

I have been asked by the wholesaler to gather 15 tuber strands. I have 28 on me. Yet I cannot seem to get credit. Do I have to go and get 15 more or is there some way to get the quest to recognize I have the required component?

Thanks
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
VariaVespasa
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by VariaVespasa »

Think you have to gain 15 since you got the task. Some people have suggested that buying them through a broker will work too but I havent tested that. Theyre easy enough to go harvest yourself too obviously.
*Hugs*
Varia
Erolz NTurnet
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Erolz NTurnet »

So far I have tested all three which work:

a) Harvest them
b) Buy them off a broker
c) Have someone trade you 1 at a time. (I think if you put 1 in each trade spot, each might count but a stack will only count as one.
Hooray Beer!
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

You can put one harvested piece in each trade box (total of 6) but you have to put them in single stacks in your inventory to be able to put one single harvested item in a window. I got a lot of money this way just exploiting this quest cause it is so easy. Tier 2 quests from the wholesaler give you 12sp a pop and tier 3 is 48. Just have someone trade you the ones you already have. Great way to collect money quick!
Proctus
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Proctus »

Lynnsie wrote:You can put one harvested piece in each trade box (total of 6) but you have to put them in single stacks in your inventory to be able to put one single harvested item in a window. I got a lot of money this way just exploiting this quest cause it is so easy. Tier 2 quests from the wholesaler give you 12sp a pop and tier 3 is 48. Just have someone trade you the ones you already have. Great way to collect money quick!
That is till you realize that tier 3 stuff make stuff that sell for more than you would get from giving to the wholesaler ;)
Proctus Armonius
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

True Proctus, but Im not there yet...Just a lil behind the times :D

So this works for me atm 8)
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

It's great how the wholesaler quests add demand on the market....

I started the other day and i've only done it about 15 times, but you can flip tier2 wholesaler tasks real quick just buying the stuff on the market... maple, tubers, pelts are the cheapest, sometimes ya take a few silver loss on a turquoise task.... didn't seem like i could do it on end, just until all the cheap goods were off the market... 4 tasks profitted 22s in just five minutes
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Proctus
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Proctus »

I'm a level 28 Jeweler now. I make 1g for each piece of jewelery I sell now. They take anywhere from 1-3 gold clusters. Just to give you an idea of the profit I get ;)

Velium jewelery is on the horizon for me at level 30! =)
Proctus Armonius
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

To confirm... last night when I got online, I flipped a shit-load of wholesaler tasks, again until all the cheap goods were off the market, and profitted 1g, 20s, all in about 15 minutes.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

Proctus wrote:I'm a level 28 Jeweler now. I make 1g for each piece of jewelery I sell now. They take anywhere from 1-3 gold clusters. Just to give you an idea of the profit I get ;)

Velium jewelery is on the horizon for me at level 30! =)

I started Alchemy on my Summoner. It's not bad atm but I am sure that its gonna get pretty shitty. Without the descriptions on the items atm I really have no clue what I am making when it comes to elixers, I just have to guess what they are by the name on the recipe, its skillups anyways I suppose. If there is anyone that is doing alchemy and is either seasoned or just starting out, please let me know, I have a lot of questions. Good Luck on Jeweling Proctus!
Erolz NTurnet
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Erolz NTurnet »

In alchemy, spent levels 1-10 grinding tempers, washes, resins and oils. Also, used this time to create inks all App III items for myself and guildies.

Levels 10-20, spent a good deal of first half of this grinding tempers, washes, resins and oils again. Started creating electum and turqoise jewelry for the skill gain and profits. Made App III for those who requested and used money to buy Adept I skills for myself and made App III for skills I couldn't find Adepts.

Levels 20-30 (at 24 now) Currently grinding tempers, washes, resins and oils (surprise!). Going to start grinding inks soon I guess and create fighter essences for those who demand them.

Now at 20 ya can't make jewelry anymore but most others need your grinding materials (shall now be referred to as stuff) to create their items. So I usually go afk with as much stuff as I can tolerate to make and sell out in the morning.

Also, I found a few alchemists who sell Tier 3 stuff at 1sp each.

Every morning before work/school and right before I sleep I buy up all of thier items and sell them at 1.5 - 2sp sp per. All of this will usually sell out too so I may try marking it up more.

The nice thing about alchemy is that the combines are cake (other than the ink). Your items won't sell for as much but so many people need that that you can make a crapload and pretty much sell em all fairly quickly and the stuff can be sold the same regardless of whether or not its pristine.

Spent maybe an hour before working doing about 80 combines. Still not as profitable as jewelcrafting. But I'm having a blast buying out the cheaper guys and forcing people to buy at my price (which is cheaper than everyone else! :))
Hooray Beer!
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

Thanks for the info. I got my summoner to lv 12 Scholar today and I have been grinding tempers, washes, oils and resins. Got a guy in my guild who is a scribe so we kinda pacted together for him to make my adept 3's and such at an extremely lower price than is going for now, if I make him inks and such for spells, he provides the raw materials and I just spend all day combining. Pretty sweet deal IMO seeing as how my adept 3 pet spell was like 6gp. And with the way sony likes to screw things up, money isnt real easy to come by, so making that 6gp when i was lower level was a serious PITA.

I tried making some of that Iron Gual ink today and i could barely get it passed shaped level, and I think I made 1 pristine Iron Gual dye and that was it. I am hearing tho that a lot of people dont like to buy the regulars just the pristines because it gives them more exp? I havent quite figured out the ins and outs of everything tradeskill for eq2 yet but I didnt know that the pristines gave you more exp when u used them to scribe

Anyways, thanks again for your strats and stuff. It helped answer a few questions.
Proctus
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Proctus »

If you are an alchemist, I suggest making lots and lots of Neolith Tempers, followed by Carbon Ink, then Thylakoid Resin, Thylakoid Oil, then finally if you are bored Thylakoid Wash. This is from a Jeweler viewpoint, however.

If you are a Weaponsmith, make lots of Carbonite spikes. As a Jeweler I will pay 4g per stack due to lack of people selling them. I would imagine it's the same on other servers.

If you are a jeweler, make money before you start doing the Gold Torques. On my server the gold torques have been flooding our market and I'm forced to sell them at a much lower rate just to push them. But they are the best exp, so I'm going to be doing them for the next 2 levels for a cut in profit (Though I have a lot of other jewelery to sell to make up for that loss).

To sum it all up, make friends with someone who is dependant upon you. I've befriended an alchemist who hooks me up with Tempers, resins and oils. In turn I hooked him up with my best jewelery, and give him a portion of my profits in addition to giving him access to my 2room apartment in N Qeynos. All I really need to do is get friends with a Weaponsmith :\
Proctus Armonius
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

Like I said in my post before, I have been doing nothing but tempers and washes, oils and resins, And I am sure that I am no where near done with making them anytime in the next 20 levels =). I dont so much mind making them as it cuts into my exp time. My swashbuckler is 21 but my summoner is only 17 and I have been in a hurry to get her 20 so I can group with the friends that I made on my rogue. But I honestly dont see any other way of me making money than by tradeskilling, because the drops you get from chests in Antonica are so common that you cant make any money off of them. So I guess I am going to have to deal with being low level for a lil while so I can save up money to buy and have adept 3's and master spells made for my summoner when she becomes a conjurer.

I befriended a scribe like I said before and there is also another guy in my guild that is a jeweler, and he works out pretty good deals for me for the stuff that I give him so I guess it works out pretty nicely. I noticed though that Sony made a lot of the tradeskillers really interdependant upon each other to push this "player based economy" they have been spewing about for a month now, but the only person I see so far that as an Alchemist I might have a lot of use for is a Jeweler, for glass bottles maybe for elixers? Anyways...appreciate the feedback, I just cant wait till the "Next Big Patch" So we can get descriptions on the items that we make.
Erolz NTurnet
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Erolz NTurnet »

If you make electrum and turqoise jewelry, check to see what folks are selling regularly. I found that turqoise bracelets, electrum bangles and turqoise necklaces sold the best and the exp beats making all the stuff all day long. (which you'll need to make anyways for jewelry)

Just remember to do searches on the brokers to see what kind of items are being sold for jewelry slots (wrist, neck, finger and ears) and see what's needed most on the market and then make a bunch!
Hooray Beer!
Proctus
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Proctus »

Lynnsie, if you are hurting for cash I suggest working on your harvesting skills a bit. While you do that, keep all your tuber strands, electrum, turqoise and iron clusters and just do the wholesaker tasks making spells and such. The Alchemy made spells are the easiest, whereas the Runes are the most difficult. 48s everytime you turn stuff in was the best way for me to go around getting exp and turning a profit till I got to 20+.

=D
Proctus Armonius
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

Thx Proctus I appreciate it :D