Best way to make money!?

Seebs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Best way to make money!?

Post by Seebs »

So far, I've gotten Foresting, mining and gathering up to where I can harvest in Antiotica. I seel those materials and make about 1.5 gold a night. Is there a better way to make cash or is this it., I actually enjoy the grind ... I'm, sick sick sick.

Can't wait to get up to harvesting the Thundering Steppes. SHould be lucritive.
Seeber
looking for a WOW server
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Honestly, the best way to make steady healthy cash is tradeskills. I can take harvested garbage such as roots and tin and make the Apprentice 3 skills and sell them for 5-7 silver each for lower tier ones. It costs me about 20 copper to make them with having to buy candles or coal etc. If someone was to spend 2 hours a night collecting materials and making them, you could pump out a good 15-20 a night and sell them while you sleep. The tier 2 ones would sell for 15 silver or more.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

This sounds great... im glad I've been working on tradeskills the past few days... still not at antonica levels yet though.

It's nice in the wholesaler instance, to keep the merchant window up and walk to the workstations, and shop and craft without running back and forth. (doesn't always work for selling items, and might not be able to get to the forge, but everything else is in reach.)
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Erolz NTurnet
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Erolz NTurnet »

1.5 gold doesn't seem to bad either really. You're getting to kill stuff right? If I'm in pure jewelry crafting mode, it'll take time to harvest or make some smart purchases to get the raw materials, make the washs, tempers, resins... etc.. refine the metals, shape the metals and finally combine them. It's a royal pain in the butt but it'll help to max out your skills.

If you're going Scholar, try making electrum and turquoise jewelry.

Many folks I've grouped with keep thier armor up to date but not the jewelry not even through quests. It'll raise your alchemy and runecrafting up which you can use to make pristine dyes for spell scrolls. Just hit 20 alchemist this morning .. Spent the last 5 artisan levels selling jewelry though.

Best way to decide what to make is to do a search on the market for what electrum or turquoise items aren't really out there and make some of those. Turquoise bracelets and electrum bangles have easily sold the fastest (often 2 to the same person) and it seems anyone rarely makes them. Turquoise necklaces go fairly quick too.. Electrum rings aren't the hottest items but will sell eventually and everyone and their mama seems to make earrings. And all the work you do towards making these items will be most excellent artisan exp and good cash.
Hooray Beer!
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Wow, I wasn't aware the market was that good.
I've got my mining to 81 now and my gathering is somewhere in the 60's...My other skills are all sub antonica.. I guess I need to get those done toe arn the kind of cash you're talking about. I've got 2 and a half gold on me now, and I'm about to blow that on armor upgrades..
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Erolz NTurnet
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Erolz NTurnet »

Market could be different out ya'lls server too. That's why i recommend browsing the market a bit before committing to anything. Good thing to do when ya log in and log out.

But just a little note, the Pristine Electrum and Turquoise items con even at 20. Unfortunately, the economy isn't exactly set yet so pricing them right can be fun.
Hooray Beer!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Takes me less than an hour to grab the 'collect 15' quests from my wholesaler. I harvest in TS. Quests payout is 48 silver.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Farm Tier2 rare tradeskill drops and Tier2 Masters... :lol:

My gimp Bruiser had a full set of Tier2 'rare' armor, couple of bone batons, some blackened iron weaps and a 3p pony by level 10.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

Or...go to Nek Castle and get ultra lucky like me and win the lotto for the Ring of Boarfyr and sell it the next day on broker for 5plat 65 gold and have it sell within 5 min and be insta rich!! Helped me get a healthy start on saving money for tradeskills/armor/spells plus bought me a horsie :D
cid
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cid »

Since Lynnsie plays EQ2, I guess it doesnt suck that bad.