Duo?

WoW Discussion
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Duo?

Post by Tegellan »

I am starting the Euro beta soonish and was wondering what kind of duo me and my cousin should choose? Do we need to choose something specific or are there several different options for it? Just thought i would ask the people who have been playing a lot longer than me.

Also, does anyone know how difficult mit will be to sneak on the american servers? Or is it all just hearsay still?

Got my beat kit sitting right in front of me on the table and I am itching to try it out hehe.
Fortune favors the brave!
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

My wife plays a Pally and I play a Mage. That duo seems to work out rather well. I would imagine just about any Tank class combined with a DPS class or Healer class would do just fine.

No clue about the server jump.
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Canoe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Canoe »

What morg said - the great thing about WoW is you can "pretty much" solo with any class. Just need some help with elite quests and instances. I'd suggest a healer/dps + a tank, however that combination can be avoided by using a dps class that comes with it's own tank (hunter/warlock/mage).. and then you can switch it around a bit.
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

So something like a Pally/rogue or a hunter instead of the rogue would work well?

Will have a month of beta to test all this out, but I am just trying to do a little reading in advance to get a general idea of what I would like to play.

Also, what are some good resource/debate sites for wow? I am having a little trouble locating anything besides the blizzard boards.
Fortune favors the brave!
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

You may want a healer in that mix. I have found that some of the Elite type regular non quest mobs have quite a few hps and will require a heal or two before they die. Potions have a cool down on them meaning that you have to wait a little bit before you can drink another one and you can't eat or drink while engaged in combat. A Pally is a good mix of tank and healer and would go well with any other DPS class. Using a Warlock after they get their level 10 Voidwalker is another option to use as your DPS class since that pet is a pretty good tank.

As far as web pages go, I am still looking for something other than the official boards that is updated as well. I have found http://www.thottbot.com to be a good source of other information.
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Lisandre
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Lisandre »

I play a shaman, and I duo'd some of Wailing Caves with a warlock the other night. I think the combo works decently well. The warlock pets are good enough to tank, the shaman can do buffs/debuffs/heals/DPS. Also, the warlock has this spell which allows the target to res himself. So, with that on the shaman, the risk of wiping is minimized. And at level 30, the shaman gets a self-res spell, so you can risk wiping even more. Hehe.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

In closed beta I duoed almost exclusively as part of a Paladin/Mage team, and we pretty easily made it to the mid-40s before closed beta ended.

Now I'm playing a shaman and have little difficulty duoing any level appropriate, non-elite quests. Have duo'ed with a warrior or a priest (probably more) and always do quests that are a couple levels above us.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Kaelina
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Kaelina »

If you play horde, shaman/warrior team can take on most anything. Aside from the fact shamans themselves can take on most anything, it's a really good duo for instances and the like. Add a rogue or hunter and you're pretty much unstoppable unless there's like a million mobs. =P
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

I have been duoing recently with another rogue. I start of the fight with cheap shot, stunning it. About five seconds later, he jumps in with his cheap shot. By the time the mob recovers, it is dead. What healing we need is easily covered by bandages and the occassional potion when we get adds.
Bujinkan is teh win!
Estrosiath
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Estrosiath »

Any duo is good. Mage + warlock is deadly. I did a lot of elite quests with only the two of us, and my pet to tank... And I don't mean low-level elite quests either.
Markulas
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Markulas »

Surprisingly even at the level of high 20's, one of my favorite duos with my priest is with my friend who's a mage. Add control is a major thing to think about when you want to duo.
I'm going to live forever or die trying
Ravvenn
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Ravvenn »

I play a Druid and my boyfriend plays a Hunter, that duo seems to work out pretty well for both of us. I'm still able to play well when I am solo or in groups, and the same for his class. We have been able to duo every elite quest we have tried up to ~5 levels above us. If it is outdoor or beasts/dragonkin are involved it's easy for me to handle crowd control with Root and/or Hibernate. I normally don't worry about it since his pet can handle 4-5 adds (non-elite) of the same level or lower.

Having the buffs, debuffs, direct damage, dots, crowd control and heals with the Druid, DPS from Hunter, plus a tankish type from his pet makes for a decent duo to kill things fairly fast and have little to no downtime.
Animale
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Animale »

A couple friends of mine play shaman/priest. Lotsa healing and those two can form the basis for every instance out there. Add me (mage) and its time for super AE goodness.

Animale
Animale Vicioso
64 Gnome Enchanter
<retired>
60 Undead Mage
Hyjal <retired>
Taly
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Taly »

Husband plays a 41 mage and I play a 37 warlock. Pretty deadly team with us. Don't run into to much we can't handle.
My opindion this is good team. Can also try priest and rogue maybe. We played those in beta. was decent.
I want to cast...........MAGIC MISSLE!
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

I play a Hunter, girlfriend plays a Priest. I have to pull a good 4 or 5 when she is OOM before we have an issue. If given the room I need, mobs drop hard and fast.