Good Eats

Recipes, Reccomendations, and Reviews
valryte
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Good Eats

Post by valryte »

I was recently turn onto a show on the Food Network and thought I'd share it. It's been around for like 3 or 4 years now.

Good Eats

It's pretty cool cause the guy goes into detail explaining stuff like the physics behind things. He also goes over a lot of basic stuff. You can check out the show on the Food Network website.
When the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
Sheryl
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sheryl »

we watch this show sometimes, and yeah he does give you a lot of good info about the hows and whys. but sometimes i have to turn it off just because he's acting like such a douche. i guess that's the gimmick of the show, but it drives me nuts.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

If you have any interest in the science involved in cooking, but have trouble stomaching Alton Brown's schtick, the book On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen by Harold McGee is a pretty interesting book.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Ennia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ennia »

I like the show but as said sometimes Alton just acts too much, less skits more cooking please!
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

There was a show on Discovery (or the Science channel i think it is in the states now?) called Kitchen Chemistry with Hester Blumenthal or something like that, veyr interesting too if you like to understand what actually goes on when you cook.
Fortune favors the brave!