Burnout 3 (XBox)

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Burnout 3 (XBox)

Post by Winnow »

Pretty damn fun!

Anyone who's played Burnout 2 knows the game rocks. The main difference between 2 and 3 is battling your opponents and trying to make them eat it as opposed to just dodging head on traffic.

The boost is available more often and you can use it in spurts as opposed to a one time triggering. You get added boost for making your opponents crash and other good out of control driving moves.

I haven't got the hang of the after crash slow motion controlling your crash to hit more things yet.

There are plenty or tracks and races. I haven't had a friend over to test out 2 player yet. I'm not sure it will be better in two player because all the wrecks and battling may make it hard to keep the races close.

Fun game! Available in stores September 10th or on your friendly neighborhood newsgroup right now. (PAL version)

I'm looking forward to trying out the two player mode as that's were Burout 2 shined.
Janx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Janx

Post by Janx »

Got it yesterday instead of Fable, game freaking OWNS all other arcade racers. If you got an Xbox do yourself a favor and get it. Graphics are insane and the FPS never drops.
kurzweil
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by kurzweil »

Also picked this up instead of Fable. (multiplayer > singleplayer) Loads of fun. Aftertouch crashes are a blast.

2 player mode is a bit tricky, even on a big screen it's hard figuring out who's who sometimes, but still fun.

Multiplayer crash mode can be pretty humorous, although all the different crash gametypes seem pretty much the same.

My only complaint is that you can't remap the controls. I miss having the gas/brake on the analog stick, like Gran Turismo. As it is, my gas pedal finger is sore. (darn lead foot driver!)