Burger Recipes

Recipes, Reccomendations, and Reviews
Kguku
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Burger Recipes

Post by Kguku »

Does anyone have some tride and true delicious home-made burger recipes for the BBQ? I just picked up a bunch of beef and I feel like cookin me some burgers and thought I'd try a new recipe if anyone has any they want to share.

Thanks!
"When you dance with the devil, the devil don't change, the devil changes you."
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

Here in Texas beef tastes so awesome it's best to just use straight ground beef for burgers. I have made burgers using the Lipton Onion Soup recipe to good reviews, you may want to try that:

1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup Mix (dry)
1 egg (optional) OR 1/2 c water
2 lb ground beef

Mix and shape into patties.
Gamei
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Gamei »

Half a sleeve of saltine crackers(Zesta, whatever) crumbled up very fine
Worcestershire sauce to taste, not too much or it overpowers the beef
Garlic salt if you like that
1 egg

Mix with beef, grill, eat!

Best burgers I've ever had were made with the above general recipe. We never measure out amounts(sorry!,) just put in based on amount of beef we're turning into burgers and taste.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Try marinating the meat beforehand. Most poeple form patties from beef, then add spices as they cook, although this works just fine for most.

Also, try adding a little bit of beer and Tapatio to the marinade to make things interesting! :D Just note that too much liquid can make burgers hard to form! :D

Here are some solid spices:

Garlic Powder
Cayenne Pepper
Chili Powder

Good stuff as well! It is really easy to make something different from the norm, just make sure not to add too much salt!! :D
en kærlighed småkager
Kguku
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Kguku »

any suggestions for marinating sauces?

I just did the normal method that I do for this batch, but I have more beef to mix up tomorrow! (there was a sale!)

Normal method for me is:

2lbs beef
1 egg
1 lipton garlic and onion soup mix
fresh ground pepper (i don't measure but it's probably a tsp or 2)
and a dash of extra garlic

though this time i tossed in some bulls eye bbq sauce for a change.

i'll hve to try out a bit of beer and that, and I haven't done it with chopped up crackers as a filler before, but i'll try that too!
"When you dance with the devil, the devil don't change, the devil changes you."
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Too lazy to retype this so im cutting/pasting from older thread. But this is my marinade of choice and it has gotten excellent feedback.

Truth be told, I don't really use measurements when preparing things like marinades. Though I'm sure I'm not alone on that one. But I will throw mine in with some arbitrary measurements, since the amount is all the same in most. But like I said, measurements aren't my thing with marinades so use much discretion (sp).

6oz Lea Perrins Worchestire
1 T Montreal Steak Seasoning (I use the spicy one)
1 T Mrs Dash
1/2 onion diced
3/4 T Garlic
2 t Mortons Seasoning Blend
2 t Crushed Red Pepper
2 t Salt
2 t Pepper
1/2 Green Pepper Diced (optional)

Marinade for steaks and hamburgers. Steaks marinade in tupperware or the like for 24 hours. Hamburgers, 30 minutes - hour.
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

Couple things I do that you may enjoy.

With your ground beef, form about a 1/2 lb patty, grab some shredded cheese...whatever flavor you like best on a burger. HOOKERWHORESLUT that on the top of the patty with some season salt. Place another 1/2 lb patty on top of that one and press firmly to get out most of the air. Grill and enjoy.

Another thing to do is form your standard sized patty, place a good sized indentation in it and put crushed ice in the dent. Form it back over, grill and enjoy :) Call them iceburg burgers..rather yummy.
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>