Almost 1337

Post by Legenae »

Haha. Nice hat!

Man, I wish I was in beta. :(
Ennia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ennia »

any other mounts besides this mechanized chicken?
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

Undead get dread steeds.
I've seen a very nice screenie somewhere, their horses are either skeletal or flaming eyes and hooves. very cool.
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
archeiron
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by archeiron »

Cotto wrote:Undead get dread steeds.
I've seen a very nice screenie somewhere, their horses are either skeletal or flaming eyes and hooves. very cool.
Would someone in Beta correct me if I am wrong?

As I understand it, Nightmares - the black horses with flaming eyes and hooves - are the summoned mount available to Warlocks only.

Paladins will be getting a charger (warhorse) mount, but the quest has not been made available yet.

Mounts are:
Dwarf: Ram
Gnome: Mechastrider (super mecha chocobo luv machine!)
Human: Horses
Elf: Nightstalker (giant cat)

Orc: wolves
Trolls: Raptors
Undead: Undead Horses
Tauren: none (Plainstriding, instead)

Actually, what I would be interested in is seeing all the variations in color for each mount (I have only seen screenshots for the N.Elf variants), and finding out if there are variations for undead mounts and gnome mounts. :)
[65 Storm Warden] Archeiron Leafstalker (Wood Elf) <Sovereign>RETIRED
murr
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by murr »

The undead horse is more well, bleached undead looking. There may be variants though - I don't see a lot of undead riding around freely on PVP server.

Mechanostriders, as the newest mounts, have the least variance. There's yellow and blue, I picked blue.

The night elf tigers have about 7 or 8 varieties, as do human horses. Lots of crazy night elf mounts - black with white stripes, dark blue with weird spots, etc. Not sure how many rams there are. There's 3 kinds of raptors, I believe. Wolves come in different colors.

Edit: For over double the skillpoints requied to learn the specific riding skill you can learn a nonracial mount. I've seen quite a few humans with tigers (as shown in one of those pictures). The human horses seem the least popular.

However, it doesn't seem as if they have in animations for all races for all mounts, yet - the mechanostrider item only allows Dwarves and Gnomes to use it.
Murr - Fires of Heaven - Black Dragonflight
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

From what I am hearing, Plainsrunning is kinda jacked up. One can be knocked out of plainsrunning when attacked, while this is not the case with the other races mounts. Moreover, it kicks in automatically as you run, and ramps up in speed as you go.....after 15 seconds of continous running, you reach full speed. If you take damage, you get knocked out of plainsrunning, and cannot get it again unless you stop, start running again, and NOT take damage for at least 4 seconds.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

That sucks for the cows. Is this a bug, or are they testing just how far they can get their cocks up the Tauren collective ass?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
murr
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by murr »

Well, just to play devil's advocate, those of us who have to pay 100g for our 'mount' have to:

Wait 7ish seconds while the mount summons.
Can't mount while 'in combat' (same as Tauren restriction), as well as in buildings or other random places.

The only disadvantage plainsrunning seems to have is that it can be interrupted by combat whereas you can keep running if you are already on a mount. Not sure if what Skogen has heard in that regard is true or not.
Murr - Fires of Heaven - Black Dragonflight
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

The mechanostrider is ridiculous :(
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sartori »

i want a mecha-chocobo :(
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

murr wrote:Well, just to play devil's advocate, those of us who have to pay 100g for our 'mount' have to:

Wait 7ish seconds while the mount summons.
Can't mount while 'in combat' (same as Tauren restriction), as well as in buildings or other random places.

The only disadvantage plainsrunning seems to have is that it can be interrupted by combat whereas you can keep running if you are already on a mount. Not sure if what Skogen has heard in that regard is true or not.
It is. Kat posted about it saying that while it is a disadvantage, it is offset by the fact that Taurens can plainsrun indoors, while other races cannot have there mounts indoors. Those who are 40+ taurens with plainsrunning are calling bullshit (no pun intended) as, well, where in the hell are you going to be indoors where you can run long enough continously for plainsrunning to be and advantage?