Outlook

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Outlook

Post by Bubba Grizz »

anyone know of a good site for this application? I need to make it so that one person can update the Out of Office function for multiple people for when they call in sick or crap like that. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Nuggun
No Stars!

Post by Nuggun »

http://office.microsoft.com/productupdates/
Either use the scanning update engine or manually select the product updates you want.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

in light of your Mexican post i'll just say:

how about http://www.microsoft.com

but oh yeah, you wanted somebody else to do the leg work for you...
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

That's pretty funny considering your sig Vor.
Fynris
No Stars!

If I may

Post by Fynris »

Hey Bubba,

For Outlook to work like you are asking. You have to have your office email on Microsoft Exchange Server. With that in place, you can 'Delegate' authority to individuals to manage functions of your outlook. I.E.: A secretary can be given permission to make appointments on the boss' Outlook calendar or to add contact information to the boss' address book.

Tools > Options > Delegate Tab
Last edited by Fynris on October 7, 2002, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

Just for the sake of argument lets say the scenario is thus:

You have a secretary, who works with the ceo, cfo, and coo of the company. You need her to be able to set and remove the Out of Office for when they call in sick when they are banging their mistresses at the hotel down the street.

The exchange admin needs to add the secretary to those individuals mail boxes so that she can open them and perform the tasks on their mailboxes just as she would her own. In the exchange admin, find the CEO, COO, CFO mailboxes, open it up, under permissions you should be able to add Secretary_User, when she opens up her outlook she should then have new sections with the company officers inboxes and non local folders
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Neost
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: neost
Wii Friend Code: neost

Post by Neost »

Hell, just tell em to all write down their login and passwords and pass them around to each other. I'm surprised they didn't do that anyway.

While you're at it, tell em to email it to everyone they know so they won't lose it.

Edit because o's are running rampant!
Last edited by Neost on October 7, 2002, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Thanks guys! :D
Vippa
No Stars!

Post by Vippa »

try

http://www.slipstick.com

big site on outlook problems and stuff
even got third party programs etc

hugz

Vippa
Valhall
Kguku
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Kguku »

pyrella wrote: The exchange admin needs to add the secretary to those individuals mail boxes so that she can open them and perform the tasks on their mailboxes just as she would her own. In the exchange admin, find the CEO, COO, CFO mailboxes, open it up, under permissions you should be able to add Secretary_User, when she opens up her outlook she should then have new sections with the company officers inboxes and non local folders
Actually, you can delegate out access to others without the need of an Admin. Bubba if you want I can flip you an email detailing how this is done, as I think I have the documents still (tech support wrote it up for the people at work, but the people there couldn't follow the 10 step instructions, heh).

I have a few people set up at work like that already so they can flag me for meetings if I'm too stupid to remember them. Plus it's handy for when you go on holidays because you can just activate the delegation.

You might also ask if there is a dial up option so you can access the exchange server from remote and flag yourself as away from home if you have outlook there.
Adex_Xeda
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Adex_Xeda »

OUTLOOK IS THE DEVIL!

I HATE that program. There's like 2 people at work who are the ONLY ones who know how to use all of those pointless and subsurface features. Those bastards will send me a "task" to do via some obsure outlook function and then gripe at me when the deadline passes. "Well I included the request on your schedule list." WTF is my schedule list?

"If your out of the office please note that on your Outlook schedule."
WHAT?!!!?

Do I now need to seek permission from a Microsoft product before I can go where I must? Must I report to a Microsoft product as my digitized supervisor?

BULLSHIT I say.

One of these days I'm going to walk over to the Exchange server next door, and its going to have an accident and NO ONE WILL CARE save TWO ANNOYING IDIOTS that have their whole pathetic lives dictated to them by a piece of bloated software.

Ever try to shut down your computer? Everything closes and goes away, but not Outlook. O NO OUTLOOK IS 'SPECIAL" Instead of going away like every other piece of software Outlook sends you this cute little message that say's that "I" need to shut down Outlook first before shutting down the system as if OUTLOOK is the premadonna of a fucking musical! May nails on the chalkboard ring through the heads of the numbnuts who wrote that piece of code.

BRING BACK the simple days when an email reader simply showed your mail and didn't try to shackle a mantel of organization upon you!

BRING BACK the days when we were subservent to other humans rather than fucking pop up windows!

May my "Outlook things to do list" be forever unread!

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

Adex is a poopy-head!
{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
Searyx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Searyx »

Outlook Express is the suck :(
Searyx Fairyslayer
Lvl 50 Fury (Lvl 50 Provisioner)
Officer of Vae Victis on the Crushbone Server
Hammerstalker PE
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hammerstalker PE »

I think someone needs to go Sherman on Voro's ass

The above was meant as a joke unless it was about Voronwe
Hammerstalker Ironforge
65th High Priest of War

Hammr Bloodforge

58th Battletank
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

But Adex!

That's what "the people" want!

Lol... I did quite a few exchange servers this last summer, ohh man was it fun trying to explain all that BULLSHIT to every single fucking retard in those offices. They never use it anyways.
Adex_Xeda
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Adex_Xeda »

Something very disturbing about being subservent to a Microsoft product.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I think we are more a slave to our computers than to MS inparticular. We buy things for our computer, we upgrade it, we feed it programs and electricity, we allow it to contact the outside world, we lavish our attention on it almost to the point of ignoring anything else. As a result we find ourselves dependent on computers to do our work, keep us in contact with others who live close by or far away. We take computers with us when we travel either for work or for play. People name their computers as they would pets or even children. We keep our computer in a controlled environment to keep it healthy. In the past this concept held true for vehicles and TVs but today is the age of the computer and we bow down to it knowingly or not. The King is dead, long live the King. The King today is the computer.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

conspiracy theories....tonite at 9
Adex_Xeda
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Adex_Xeda »

I'm not a conspiracy nut.

I just have a low opinion of anything that reduces face to face contact in the work environment.